Firefly & Serenity

This is the forum to discuss non-footbag movies, TV, music, videogames, and art.
professor
Post Master General

Firefly & Serenity

Post by professor » 21 Jan 2009 09:51

Firefly is a TV Series in 2002 that got canceled before the season was over. It's pretty much the best TV show I've ever watched. It has a huge fan base now since they released the show on DVD. So much so, that in 2005 they made a movie continuing the story called Serenity. Also an AMAZING movie, but you have to watch the series first to fully appreciate it.

Anyone else seen these?

You can watch all the episodes of Firefly on hulu here: http://www.hulu.com/firefly

You owe it to yourself to watch this.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 21 Jan 2009 16:59

thanks for the link, ben. I love hulu.

I am on episode 4 right now!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Kaylo
Hack Fiend

Post by Kaylo » 26 Jan 2009 03:24

Yeh I've seen these, a friend lent them to me a year or so ago. Loved them! I heard a rumor about fans wanting to fundraise and bring the series back, is this true or just a crazy rant? :P

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 26 Jan 2009 09:31

OMG this show rules! I watched the pilot episode last night thanks to your post Ben, and it blew me away! I never watch much TV, so good shows usually slip right past me. The Sarah Connor Chronicles is the only show I really watch, getting ready for the new episode next week. Thanks again, I can't wait to watch the rest and the Serenity movie.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 27 Jan 2009 22:08

a comedy by the same people, featuring Neil Patrick Harris, and Nathan Fillion, who plays the hero in Firefly.
BRICK!

nyfa

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 28 Jan 2009 12:07

Matt Cross wrote:a comedy by the same people, featuring Neil Patrick Harris, and Nathan Fillion, who plays the hero in Firefly.
Umm...Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog? Was that a riddle?
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 28 Jan 2009 12:32

hehe... it was a description without a link that was intended. here is the link...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/28343/dr-horr ... along-blog

thanks ben.
BRICK!

nyfa

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 28 Jan 2009 12:44

Yeah screw any other Joss Whedon stuff, Firefly/Serenity's the only thing that matters. Stupid Fox execs. I feel sorry for all the browncoats that started in 2002. At least Joss got a movie out of it, that's a lot. I could've watched years of that show. The characters were so cleanly drawn, absolutely amazing. The movie was great, Summer's character really came out nicely. I think that's it for the Firefly universe though. I can't see them going anywhere with it at this point. Really sad.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller