Street Fighter 4

This is the forum to discuss non-footbag movies, TV, music, videogames, and art.
full nelson
8-Bit Ninja

Street Fighter 4

Post by full nelson » 24 Jan 2010 07:45

Yo! This game is fun, and I'm always open to playing some matches. My Xbox GT is fullees. I play with C. Viper.

Here's the first part of a doc I found about the street fighter community. Coming from a footbag background, I thought it was interesting.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyhxdA_ymbo[/youtube]

It would be cool if some aspiring filmmaker would give footbag a similar treatment - a lot less about play and more about the cool cats that cruise events.
Brad

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 25 Jan 2010 02:03

it doesnt relate to footbag.
1% of footbagers want to compete. Theres been contests for years and generation after generation just wants to play, not compete. The potential field of competitors over 10 years has been maybe 100 people. Its just a whole different vibe than video games.

full nelson
8-Bit Ninja

Post by full nelson » 25 Jan 2010 03:46

Yeah, it's different, but it relates. 1-3% of competitors win at events, and it's always the same guys. So what's the motivation for the others to show up? It's to have fun, hang out with like-minded people, and show off the skills they've worked hard for.

But the point was, the video is about people who play street fighter and not street fighter itself. I just thought a documentary on footbag players would be cool. Something that answers a lot of "Why?" questions about the sport and tells a human story. Just an idea. Maybe it's been done before, and I missed it.
Brad

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 31 Jan 2010 03:15

I will beat you with Akuma.

heres how: jumping medium kick ducking medium kick light whirlwind kick heavy uppercut focus dash cancel jumping medium kick and as we both fall and both land on our feat i will tap light punch light punch away light kick heavy punch

yay!

full nelson
8-Bit Ninja

Post by full nelson » 01 Feb 2010 22:23

Haha, I'll be honored by that loss. Show me you can keep that up in round 2 :wink:
Brad

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 03 Feb 2010 13:49

The Family Man will educate you. ( Unless you are Sagat. His science is too tight. )

On topic of the docu, this is a prevailing element that makes Mads' videos so awesome, in that he often shows the people & things happening around the shred as much as the shred itself, sometimes with whole videos showing nothing but atmosphere.
greg raymond, kingston

FB: Rocker Holliday

"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know." - Jack Handey

Luis
Shredalicious

Post by Luis » 07 Feb 2010 15:18

i watched this and then ended up watching a whole bunch of other street fighter videos on youtube, wish i had something to play it on
luis lipchak
peace * footbag * life
austin style footbag

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 05 May 2010 14:29

Thanks to Chan for showing me this thread. I am a Sagat main, followed by Ryu, Seth, Fei Long, and Guile. Cody is hella fun, and Juri and Dudley are legit as well. The first tier list came out, you would be surprised at who they said was first and second. It goes;

1. Seth
2. Juri
3. Ryu
4. Dhalsim
5. Sagat
6. Dudley

That is all I remember. Akuma is in the top 10 still, Ryu and Dhalsim might be switched, not sure.

Anyway, we have a pretty big competitive group in Portland, the Sole Purpose house actually acts as host for casuals. Love the game, I treat it the same as chess.

full nelson
8-Bit Ninja

Post by full nelson » 13 May 2010 01:07

Wow, I didn't see that list. You're right - not what I expected.

I went to a tournament in Columbus in April with Bob and some friends. I was out 0-2. I lost the first match to Antwan Ortiz (who won the tournament), and then Bob eliminated me. The organizers apologized for the brackets ending up like that, haha. Fun though.

You been to any events, Red?
Brad

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 15 May 2010 01:31

Heya Brad,
We were just at a tournament a few weeks ago. It was on the PSU campus, an annual event called Bragging Rights. A ton of Seattle peeps came down, good players for sure. I went 2 and 2, took out my schoolin' buddy essentially. I then was taken out by two very good players, Bokkin (Akuma player) and Dr. Doomskill (C. Viper player). They went on to take second and third, after a guy from Seattle name Tanaka (Ryu). The event was pretty legit, definitely had some similar aspects to footbag tournies (maybe it is a subculture thing?) Anyway, Antwon Ortiz is good, I thought for a minute you went up against Ricky Ortiz (or Ricky O), a sick player on the west coast. Props entering the event. We host regular school sessions at our crib these days, pretty strong turn outs. Good times : )

ps, I saw you jumped on xbox live, challenged you, but it was your friend who said you were sleeping. Some excuse!
; P

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 18 May 2010 11:32

i will be getting XBL shortly, the training room alone is not enough!

i will post my gamertag once i'm online.

we hold "street nighters" locally every week or two, pretty much a royal collection of scrubs atm ( about a dozen ), but we're learning & having fun.

there is a local tourney here at the end of the month, kinda stoked to see if there is some kind of local scene developing.

i look forward to losing some teeth to fellow freestylers.
greg raymond, kingston

"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know." - Jack Handey

full nelson
8-Bit Ninja

Post by full nelson » 19 May 2010 03:07

Red beat the shit out of me last night. Going back to the lab - he'll rue the day! Seriously, good stuff, Red.

We'll have to have a freestyler tournament when the new online mode comes out.
Brad

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 20 May 2010 02:13

gg's Brad, that was fun 4 sure. We have been schooling pretty hard, helps that there is also a good community of sf players in Portland. I have been recruiting like mad for it, essentially bringing people into the scene and game. Sam C is dead serious about it (Ibuki, Fuerte, Gouki), and Nick's Honda is decent. Actually, Sam called you out the other night, but I think you had crashed by then. Let's get some more games in soon for sure : )

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 20 May 2010 06:09

my gamertag is "Blue Language".

i'd love to get some Endless Battle going.
greg raymond, kingston

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 Jun 2010 15:57

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 08 Jun 2010 11:49

lol.

I remember playing countless hours of Street Fighter II Turbo on Super Nintendo... ah the gool ol days

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ZXSzaUIBQ[/youtube]
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 09 Jun 2010 09:38

greg raymond, kingston

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 11 Aug 2010 09:38

great matches @ worlds, y'all.
greg raymond, kingston

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 15 Aug 2010 01:50

Just found out my overall ranking at the SSF4 event in Portland, tied for 9th out of close to 50 competitors. Got knocked out by the guys who took 1st and 4th. Top ten son, next stop top 8, then #1!

Eric Chang
Fearless

Post by Eric Chang » 15 Aug 2010 21:12

Also would like to note.

The 2010 World Footbag Street Fighter Championship was held!

The format was standard double elimination, and followed the EVO rules!

Here are the top 3 places from what I remember.

1. Red (Sagat)
2. James Risden (Boxer)
3. Greg Raymond (Guile)

I just remembered Greg knocked me out early in the round.

We had roughly 22 competitors in the field!

Fight of the Night:
Dante(Blanka) vs Jeff Overbo (Guile) with both of them never really having played before and Dante button mashing his way to victory nearly getting a perfect.

Congrats to Red, hope you die.

I will be happy to start hosting Endless Battle modes on XBL so start posting your names.

Name: Eric Chang
XBL Handle: ByACommonCold

Name: Red Husted
XBL Handle: PDX Live
Look a BLOG! That I never update
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=16244