Spin me like a Ceiling Fan

Challenge your friends to hit tricks/combos you know they can hit, even if they don't!
crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Re: Spin me like a Ceiling Fan

Post by crazydwarf » 06 Nov 2012 11:05

If it were me I'd end up doing the themes in relative chunks so I could keep track of what I'd done but if it's easier for you to scatter them up that's fine to. Mostly I just feel like a varied, guiltless, unique super long string from you would be cool.

Also, boo cold weather, we're lucky here that we have an indoor place to play when the weather turns bad.

edit: oh no a new page! That means I need to give you another challenge I think, this fits in a bit with your work on spinning, I'd like to see...
whales tail > whales tail , so the first one is a clipper set whales tail but the second one has to be set from toe also cool but probably much easier
gyro in gyro so it's a right clipper gyro set, and you then perform an in gyro to catch it on the left foot. Similar to gyro far osis but you do the in gyro instead of far osis.
Dustin Rhodes

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Re:

Post by C-Fan » 11 Nov 2012 22:08

C-Fan wrote: :arrow: 2 new beasts
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qmMtQDy2-8[/youtube]
Will move along to my other goals now. Happy though that I crossed this one off my list though.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 17 Nov 2012 20:05

...or not. My flipside alpine blurry whirl magically became reliable this weekend, so I went for the lowest hanging beast fruit:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXAL3IGRSOM[/youtube]

Notable since it's one of my few flipside beasts. Now that my "flip" alpine blw is more reliable, I can probably get a couple more new beasts out of it. I think I'm close to fifty now? More importantly, I've gotten 5 new ones this winter, when my goal was 2.

Speaking of winter goals, I also challenged myself to this:
C-Fan wrote: :arrow: A couple new 7 adds
Earlier I posted vids of whirligig rake, and spinning voodoo. The former is clearly 7, but the latter is only 7 counting xdex. So technically I didn't achieve this goal until yesterday, when I hit:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieAQNmHLNrQ[/youtube]

So now that goal is complete, x-dex or not.

Gonna try and work on my nukes, furious, and double spins in the next couple weeks, and try and attack my dream trick goals. Along the way I'll also shoot to get one or two new beasts using my flip alpine blw.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 24 Nov 2012 14:19

When I stopped and thought about it, i realized that the above beast wasn't actually "flip," since I had never hit it on the other side. At least, I'm pretty sure I never did. So I rectified that today:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz3Dqw970Ss[/youtube]

6 new beasts this winter.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re:

Post by C-Fan » 30 Nov 2012 17:35

Back in March, C-Fan wrote: :arrow: Nemesis: I was working on furious for a good bit, and saw it getting a little better. Then I hurt myself by overdoing it going for a furious quad. So now I've kind of laid off working furious so hard. My plan is to heal up a bit more, and then periodically work furious just to get the set better, but not chase quads with it just yet.

A couple years ago I hit a "the" nemesis which I posted, but it's not even close to clean. I think this is what you were referring to John:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQpX14w0Dcc[/youtube]

I guess it might not be a bad idea to try and hit another one on my new camera, cause even if it's just as thin, at least the video quality would be a lot better.
Well, I finally did that:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4J5PDjL7o[/youtube]

It's totally "the," but I think the last one was too. At least I have one in HD now. Next step is to hit a "thin" nemesis, and then hopefully a clean one. This is by no means crossed off my list, but I thought this was notable enough progress to post about it.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 09 Apr 2013 08:20

On Sunday I worked a bit on tripless. My old record for unique tripless was 25, as seen in this blurry video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSLu5oFfcfg[/youtube]

On Sunday I hit:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nnq_kKoOO4[/youtube]

The last barfly should have been a paradox whirl, but I got confused. So if you count DOD and barfly as unique, then I tied my old tripless record at 25. If you don't count them as unique, then I got 24 uniques in a row, which is still pretty good for me. Either way, I was just happy to get a better quality (HD) video of a long unique tripless run. I also found it was a good exercise for me both from a mental and a stamina standpoint, so I may try this again in the future. I definitely think I could get to 30, especially if I threw in some 5 adds.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re:

Post by C-Fan » 06 Aug 2013 13:16

In the span of 5 weeks, I managed to cross off two of the biggest challenges on my list: I won USO, and I made routine finals at Worlds. There's a chance I'll make it to East Coasts at the end of September, but even if I do it's safe to say that the biggest part of my summer is over. I spent the past 5 months training for USO and Worlds. While I'd definitely say it paid off and was worth it, it also wasn't the most fun 5 months of footbag for me. Almost no new tricks or combos, or even concepts. Now that USO and Worlds are done, it's time to get back to footbag for fun. On that note, here are some challenges I'd like to set for the rest of summer/fall.

Challenges/Goals as of August 2012:

:arrow: Triple spinning anything
:arrow: Nemesis
:arrow: 69
:arrow: Spinning vortex/spender
:arrow: Win East Coasts if I go
:arrow: Get a dropless routine at EC if I go

Considering I haven't worked nuke/furious/double spins for the past 5 months, it may take me a while to come even close to any of these. But that's partly why they're called "challenges." As for the EC challenges, I'll only work towards them if and when I've bought tickets. For now though, I wanted to commit in writing to the first 4 challenges. I'd love to get any of them before winter.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 03 Mar 2014 05:55

C-Fan wrote: :arrow: 12 fearless
:arrow: 12+ fearless
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXgUjcTu1A4[/youtube]

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 12 Jun 2014 20:38

Set a new PR for tripless yesterday. My old record was 25, and yesterday I got 29:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5mLAhHeLCk[/youtube]

I also never posted my fearless record here, which capped out at 14:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOs69FQbILc[/youtube]

Will try and break my tripless record in the next couple weeks.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 12 Nov 2014 12:31

Updating some old challenges.

These were for 2013, but I couldn't get to East Coasts. So rolling them over to 2014:
C-Fan wrote: :arrow: Win East Coasts if I go
:arrow: Get a dropless routine at EC if I go
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C70aMVrgzw[/youtube]

I'm also going to set some new personal challenges for the winter, with the goal of improving my fundamentals:

:arrow: symp whirl x5 both sides
:arrow: spinning clipper x10 both sides
:arrow: flip janiwalker
:arrow: improve spins/double spins both sides

I may also do some Perustreenit type drill sessions.

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 28 Nov 2014 13:55

Gross tripless and fearless
Cory Allen
My Footblog

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 02 Feb 2015 18:49

C-Fan wrote:
Here's my first crack at it:

:arrow: Guiltless string over 60 contacts, that's not totally boring
Unexpectedly re-hit an old challenge tonight:
Last edited by C-Fan on 24 Apr 2017 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 20 Jun 2015 17:55

C-Fan wrote:
Challenges/Goals as of August 2013:

:arrow: Nemesis
Never posted a good one in here. There was a decent one in my summer video, and this one is comparable:
Just wanted one in here for posterity/reference.

While I'm here, may as well commit to a few new challenges for the summer:

:arrow: Dropless at USO and Worlds (any rounds, but hopefully at least one at each tourney)
:arrow: Win routines at USO
:arrow: Routine finals at Worlds

Gotta aim high.

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 01 Aug 2015 05:44

Nemesis was clean, nice. Hope you had a blast at worlds.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 03 Aug 2015 09:06

Thanks Kyle!

Worlds was indeed a blast. I may not be able to do an extensive writeup, but I hope to capture a few thoughts in my blog at some point.

Revisiting my summer goals:
C-Fan wrote: While I'm here, may as well commit to a few new challenges for the summer:

:arrow: Dropless at USO and Worlds (any rounds, but hopefully at least one at each tourney)
:arrow: Win routines at USO
:arrow: Routine finals at Worlds

Gotta aim high.
I think it was smart to aim high, and I would like to continue to do so in the future as well. So my report card for Summer 2015 was pretty mixed. I got one dropless routine (1st round of Worlds, video below), though it didn't help me win my pool or a tournament or anything. I didn't win routines at USO, which I never blogged about but was on me for not bringing a strong enough performance. I did make routine finals at Worlds though, and finished with my highest result ever (5th place). So overall not a perfect summer, but not disastrous either. At this point in time I have 9 dropless routines under my belt, and hopefully in the next couple years I can get a couple more and with them some strong results at USO/Worlds. I worked hard this summer, and I'm not unhappy with the results. More in the blog later hopefully. :)

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Nov 2016 13:22

Never was an official challenge, but I hit 9 new beasts in the past 3 weeks, and this thread seemed like a good place to document that:
As of today I've hit 51 "pure" beasts.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Dec 2016 14:55

Winter is officially here, and I'm down to playing just once a week indoors inside a gym. Figure it's a good opportunity to work on stamina and basics, so I'm requesting easy/intermediate drills that will help me solidify my basics. I'll post videos of any challenges I manage to hit. Thanks in advance!

Allan

Post by Allan » 19 Dec 2016 16:13

C-Fan wrote:Winter is officially here,
Actually, winter is officially several days away :lol: I recall reading somewhere an interesting idea that the solstices should actually be considered mid-season instead of the beginnings of, but couldn't find the direct reference; I did find this:

http://earthscience.stackexchange.com/q ... mid-season

Really been enjoying your videos recently :)

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 19 Dec 2016 21:56

You mean something like:

stepping same clip > stepping same osis > rpt?
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Dec 2016 10:44

That's a great one TJ; exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Of course, I get injured like 2 days after posting asking for challenges.

Here's my last drill session, to give you an idea of the kinds of drills I'm seeking: