Challenge me folks!

Challenge your friends to hit tricks/combos you know they can hit, even if they don't!
Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Challenge me folks!

Post by Posi-Cole » 11 Oct 2004 20:20

Okay, I'm a strong tiltless player who is slowly attempting to make the jump into guiltless play. I will do what others have put and merely say how strong I am with certain concepts:

Pixie - I have terrible battles with consistency with my pixie. Sometimes they are spot on and I can string them together, and other times I can't set them higher than my ankle. They are fairly even though, with right foot pixie being slightly dominant to the left foot.

Stepping - Again with the inconsistentcies. I think my steps are finally starting to come back though, which is good news. I've never really been able to link a lot of steppings into shuffle. My strong stepping set has flip flopped to what used to be my weakside as of late.

Atomic - Probably my most consistent set. I can hit atomic moves with fairly high regularity, and they are very even on both sides. My only problem is hitting them midstring, as the only (guiltless) move I'm ever really able to do them after is a pdx mirage, and I find that is quite a bit more challenging than simply starting a run with them.

Spinning - I can spin fairly well on one side, and the other side has yet to come along.

Ducking - I've been working a lot on this lately, and can do it on both sides very evenly.

Please give me drills that will do the following:

- Improve my guiltless string length (or string length in general)
- Help me improve my ability to throw my sets (atomic, pixie and stepping) into the middle of a string.
- Help add some both sided variety to my game
- Make me better at footbag

Go ahead modified.
Cole Hobson

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 11 Oct 2004 20:44

a really good drill is butterfly>mirage>smear - you should try repeating it although when I did it I never did - I account that drill for the strength of my strong side pixies.

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 11 Oct 2004 20:52

Jeremy wrote:a really good drill is butterfly>mirage>smear - you should try repeating it although when I did it I never did - I account that drill for the strength of my strong side pixies.
Did you mean butterfly> pdx mirage > smear? Or did you mean regular mirage? At any rate, I will probably see how many repetitions I can get of each at my next session ... thanks for the drill.
Cole Hobson

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 11 Oct 2004 21:04

smear > pixie legover > rpt

and...

spinning clipper > ducking clipper > rpt
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 11 Oct 2004 21:21

I just meant regular mirage smear - you're just practicing pixie setting out of a mirage - so it shouldn't be pdx to start with.

In my opinion if you try things that are too far beyond yourself you can learn some bad technique - so it's better to get good at easier things before pushing too hard. - but if you can hit that easily go on to pdx mirages or consecutive smears or something like that!

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 12 Oct 2004 11:32

smear>pixie pickup rpt

sidewalk>ripwalk rpt
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 19 Oct 2004 13:01

Thanks for all who have challenged me ... But I've realized that the best way to improve is to make up my own drills and challenges, since I'm the one who knows my game best and what I need to work. So I won't be really updating this thread or trying to complete anymore challenges.

In my opinion, spending time on something someone else thinks up can be rewarding for your development, but making up your own challenges to mesh with what you know your games weaknesses are is the best.

I completed Jeremy's challenge, both with mirage and pdx mirage.

And got 3/4ths of the way through the pixie legover > smear drill, but then hit my leg off the bag on the last dex.

Everything else I didn't get to, complete or do.

Anyway, that is all for me and modified challenges.
Cole Hobson