Sleeping In

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 18 Jan 2006 19:19

I use my cellphone to wake me up, and place it across the room. It's usually pretty cold here, so i basically force myself to deal with the cold as I wake up.

A splash of cold water or a cold shower in the morning does the trick for me sometimes.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 18 Jan 2006 19:34

a mountain dew every morning used to help. eventually it was more of a placebo because caffiene pretty much stopped effecting me much at all.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 18 Jan 2006 20:40

To literally get your ass out of bed-make a conscious decision to get up

Once you do that-don't let yourself drag slowly-you could just clump down again halfway to success.

Once your conscious decision upon whether or not you want to get up is made-literally hit the ground run. Get your day going with a running start and jump out of bed.

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 18 Jan 2006 20:49

I blast myself out of bed with my stereo. It's the only thing that really works for me.
Chrissy Fryer

kaos
Fearless

Post by kaos » 18 Jan 2006 23:23

Stephen wrote:I put my alarm clock on the other side of the room, where I have to get up to turn it off.
I used to do that, but after a while, I just moved my bed closer to my alarm clock.
Kobus Brümmer

"On résiste à l'invasion des armées; on ne résiste pas à l'invasion des idées" - Victor Hugo

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 19 Jan 2006 04:12

When I have something far away from me, it works...sometimes. I will get up and hit it and sometimes just lay on the floor and fall asleep. Or I will just ignore it and stay asleep cause the bed is much more energy efficient. Every once in a while I will 'make the concious decision' that I'm getting up and I will hit the alarm clock Off instead of snooze, and that can sometimes equal doom because next thing I know, I wake up and i've slept in. I can blast music, but I get so upset by it or disturbed I immediately hit whatever buttons I can to shut it up, which usually equals I turned it off.

However, I have noticed the decision of what music turns on can affect how I get up. I think I will start trying to turn my comp speakers on cause that is across the room, but something that kinda wakes me up and puts me in a good mood at the same time does get me up. Most of the time though, it's somethin else. As for now, it's busta rhyme on my cell phone "Break yo neck, nigga !" , that seems to get me up, hahaha.

Caleb, I am seriously going to do a bit of research on that lamp that simulates morning sunrise, because I have noticed that sun does play a pretty big roll in getting up. I've lived in a basement for a couple years, and sleeping in was way too easy down there.
More C4 please <3

sniikeri
Lauri Jii

Post by sniikeri » 19 Jan 2006 08:34

Bounce up immediately.

If this doesn't help:
Get a job.
Set the alarm clock to wake you up 15 minutes before your shift. :twisted:
Lauri Jaakkola

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 19 Jan 2006 09:38

HooD wrote:When I have something far away from me, it works...sometimes. I will get up and hit it and sometimes just lay on the floor and fall asleep.
Wow. That's pretty bad. Get one of those old alarm clocks that hit a bell a bunch of times, and have it on the edge of a table, connected to a string (and some pulleys and all that to make it work...), connected to a pail of cold water above your head. That should do the trick. :D Maybe...
Chrissy Fryer

riku
Fearless

Post by riku » 19 Jan 2006 13:12

I have lots of troubles getting up. Sometimes I get up after about ten minutes the clock rang the first time. Then I go to eat breakfast and suddenly find myself back in the bed :x
It's weird because I usually don't have to get up until 8.30 or 9.30. Yet still I'm sooo tired.
Sometimes I don't even remember putting the alarm off in the morning and then wake up an hour late! Sigh... This sucks.
Maybe it's because during the holidays I slept over 11 hours every night and now I sleep only about 8-9½ hours...

I remember reading about a bed that a japanese guy invented:
There's an alarm clock in the bed. First time it "rings" you hear a nice female voice telling you to get up. The second time you hear a really angry man yelling at you. And the third time a fake leg kicks you in the face.:twisted:
I think it was an english homework. There was a big article about the bed and the guy who invented it. And after that a bunch of questions about the text...
Riku Ahola

Xain
Fearless

Post by Xain » 19 Jan 2006 15:03

Last edited by Xain on 18 Nov 2018 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

sniikeri
Lauri Jii

Post by sniikeri » 20 Jan 2006 10:27

Funny, I have to wake up either at 0630 or 0730 and I feel much more tired when I wake up at 7.30. I usually go to sleep at the same time every night except the weekends, between 2230 and 2300.
Lauri Jaakkola

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 20 Jan 2006 20:14

I got very little sleep in college. It is very stressful and unhealthy. Try and sleep enough; it's very important.

I hate waking up suddenly. I have a house next to my bedroom window too (which faces north (double fucked)), so I don't get lots of sun in the morning. Gradual light or sound (quiet) is best for me.