What is your home security?

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
jay7
Flower Child

What is your home security?

Post by jay7 » 16 Dec 2006 10:58

I was just reading another forum I frequent, where one of the forum members had their apartment room broken into, and being an American paintball forum the unanimous response was "Buy a gun,"...

Now, not being one that would like to refer to a firearm in the case of burglary, what kind of security does Modified have? In the following years, many of us including me will be in the business of getting an apartment or house, and I'd just like to know what a Non trigger happy group of people has protecting their family/possessions.
Jay Boychuk

RawSko
Green Footbag Ninja

Post by RawSko » 16 Dec 2006 13:28

a couple locks on our front door... we don't even lock the door every night though

I live in a small town.
Ben Roscoe

smokefree
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by smokefree » 16 Dec 2006 13:32

A lock, a baseball bat, and a kitten. FEAR.
Anthony

MONKEY CLAW!

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 16 Dec 2006 14:01

my home security is that my house is a piece of shit. I'm counting on the fact that it doesn't look enticing to people looking for valuables.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

smokefree
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by smokefree » 16 Dec 2006 15:45

people looking for crack money don't care how little the value. But yeah, not too many people get robbed around here and its usually by people they know or were enemies with.
Anthony

MONKEY CLAW!

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 17 Dec 2006 14:45

Pople dont do crime where we live, we're so rich we get paid for sitting down and drinking a beer.
Ben Rea

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 17 Dec 2006 17:24

i know a lot about home security. mine isnt very good because my father keyed all the doors alike, and its just a schlage deadbolt and knobset setup on the front and back door, all operated by the same key. schlage is about average in terms of quality. kwikset is pretty bad. high security companies like medeco and multi-lock obviously out out some hardware thats difficult to pick, and often contains anti-drilling lunes, rods, or ball-bearings.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 18 Dec 2006 00:00

and owning a gun will prevent someone from breaking into your home how exactly? Only difference would be that you'd probably get home to find that your appartment has been broken into AND that your gun is now missing...
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Anexthesis
Shredaholic

Post by Anexthesis » 21 Dec 2006 15:13

max wrote:and owning a gun will prevent someone from breaking into your home how exactly? Only difference would be that you'd probably get home to find that your apartment has been broken into AND that your gun is now missing...
Not only that but I've heard that it is just as likely that the owner of the house/gun will use it as the burglar would. I would assume that a smart burglar (not some crack addict looking for easy cash) would know the likely places to find a gun. Mainly people need to realize that firearms sure as hell aren't the be-all-end-all of home security. But then again I live in an extremely small town in Maine; we don't even leave the doors locked half the time.
James Pleas

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 23 Dec 2006 04:23

A rotweiler, some sais, and a night stick.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

smokefree
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by smokefree » 23 Dec 2006 05:37

max wrote:and owning a gun will prevent someone from breaking into your home how exactly? Only difference would be that you'd probably get home to find that your appartment has been broken into AND that your gun is now missing...

Uh most likely a home wouldn't be broken into during daytime. Anyway, heres how it will help. You hear a noise, you grab your gun, you either kill the intruder or scare them off. It wont prevent them from breaking in, but they sure as fuck better make sure you aint sleeping in it.
Anthony

MONKEY CLAW!

jrstubs
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by jrstubs » 27 Dec 2006 17:10

I have shitty locks, the parents cars were broken into beacuse they dont lock them. No garage door lock, we are like a burglar magnet. We used to have rabbits , and some guy stole a couple of them and he dropped his wallet in our yard, and they found out that he ate them.....what a sad day it was, at least I found a couple 20's in the wallet.

dazza
Flower Child

Post by dazza » 28 Dec 2006 17:58

But what happens if the evil intruder wears full armour and a helmet
like the laserpistol carrying gentleman from smokefrees avatar ?

You'd definitly look silly waving a gun at a tough mofo like that .
Fighting him off with a light saber ? Now thats were things are getting
difficult !
EASYKINKI

brycimus
Shredaholic

Post by brycimus » 29 Dec 2006 13:05

my house just has dead bolts and regular locks on the doors, no guns in our house but there's a rifle in the garage. not many people get robbed in the area i live in, at least i never hear about it. i live outside of Richmond, VA, but there's definitely crime in downtown richmond
Bryce Praught

ImageImage

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 03 Jan 2007 10:35

... Closest swingable solid object.

We have 3 main doors to our house, and 2 back ones (On different levels because of the terrain.), and we only lock the most obvious front one... But the Kitchen has one at the right of the house, the garage entrence, the main door, a sliding door in the back on the bottom floor, and a back door. And we have an egres (spelling?) window that can be accessed from outside, but that's locked. (Not that it matters... it's glass, and goes straight into Lyndsey's room... and she's not going to stop anyone, lmao.)

Our home security sucks... We live in a, well, a rather well off community. One of those places with a wall around the community type of **** is only a block away... Another one's being built only a mile away from that one too, called Tiger Hills... Lame ass name if you ask me. (Highschool team is the Tigers... and it's next to the highschool...)

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 06 Jan 2007 21:42

A gun is just one tool that you can use.

And since it's illegal to conceal in many localities, you should carry it around in your hand.

-n
Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

-----------------------------------
-nathan

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 06 Jan 2007 23:17

Wayne Brady is my home security!

Scott
Shredalicious

Post by Scott » 07 Jan 2007 14:36

smokefree wrote:
Uh most likely a home wouldn't be broken into during daytime.
actually more than 50% of break-ins occur during the day and very rarely when someone is at home.

Usually these people just want to steal some stuff not have a confrontation especially considering the chances that the home owner will have a gun.

The best thing would be to have an alarm system, good locks, sensor lights and a sign on your front gate saying beware of dog and most importantly insurance.