NBA 2007-2008 Thread

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Apr 2008 14:36

Wow.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 19 Apr 2008 16:57

Was watching Old Country For Old Men, but it sounded painful.

mannampepo
BSOS Beast

Post by mannampepo » 19 Apr 2008 20:00

OMG. :o

Ken this is personally my new favorite and first favorite topic on Modified.

i llove the NBA. to bad i dont watch allot of Basketball anymore but im all the way for the L.A lakers. its kinda a funny when i just saw this topic like 5 mins ago i had my Kobe Bryant Jersey on. i was just playing footbag in it :P.

i think i stopped playing because i relized i was only good by myself i suck at playing with a team.

i would play basketball almost everyday before i found footbag, so now i cant were all the basketball shit i bought meaning my(rare jordans shoes ,rare jordan hats rare jordan shirts which are baggy on me) . Then i saw footbag videos of you wearing Jersys while you play and i was like OHH sweet i think Ken is in to Basketball i wanna start wearing my jersey to shred. footbag kinda changed my dressing, . i started to feel like sucha poser wearing basketball stuff.cuz i dont even play anymore. :oops:

i heard you are goood. i will have to play you one on one and seee whoz the better ball player one of these days if i ever see you. :wink:

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Apr 2008 20:27

Haha! You sound kind of the opposite of me; I'm much better in a team game than I am one-on-one. That said, I've beaten a few footbaggers 1-on-1 (Penske was a challenge, Red...not so much :wink: ), and would definitely love to play against you.

As for wearing basketball gear while shredding, I think it works great. The old mesh jerseys breathe really well, so they don't get heavy when you sweat, nor do they get as wet. And playing in a tanktop just gives you a lot more visibility on everything, especially spins. What jerseys do you own?

Back to the NBA: I was in shock for a bit after the Suns game, but looking back on it now, I kind of like the Suns chances. Shaq was everything we hoped for defensively, and if he puts forth this kind of effort in a couple more games, that could totally turn the series in our favor. And really, the fact that it took 2 overtimes, and Tim Duncan hitting a 3 pointer for the Spurs to beat us by 2 points on their homecourt...they can't be feeling too confident. As long as the Suns don't psyche themselves out, I see them having a chance to take the series in 6 or 7.

mannampepo
BSOS Beast

Post by mannampepo » 19 Apr 2008 21:52

by Mr. Red do you mean Andrew?

im not the bigest fan of the suns especially with Shaq on it hes so slow and fat. i think its time for him to give it up and call it quits.

:o :o :o did you watch the lakers and suns game? i love seeing those 2 teams play. Raja Bell and Kobe always getting in to fights and playing so dirty. im happy the lakers won that one. :)

sorry i had to say that Ken.

ohhhhhh did you watch the dunk comp this year? i think it was thought it was soooooooo bad, Dewayne Howard didnt even dunk it on the super man he just through it in. slam dunk comp will never be the same like how they did it before like Sud Web, Dominque Wilkens. Dr. J. Michael jordan i love watching those. So classic.

me favorite of alll time is seeing Dallas lose but now i like them since kidd got traded back to dallas. i like to see them lose cuz Mark Cuban gets soo mad that his face turn purple plus he getts like thousand dollar fines. especially 2 years ago when they made it to the playoff and they were in the finallys playing the heat and i dont remember what it was it was, it was like 5 to 2 for the series and if the heat won they would win the series and it was sooo funny when they lost cuz Mark Cuban was getting sooo pissed that they made it so far and still didnt win. but then hesss so happy when they win.

i had a Toronto raps one with Carters number. i have a dallas mavs with nash on the back. my brother bought me 2 jersey awhile back the Kobe one i said i was wearing and the other one was a Carmelo Anothony one but some stupid girl found the code to my locker and stole the jersey and my cell phone. :evil:.
i found out that she stole it while i was in my brothers car and we drove right past her and she was wearing it. but then i didnt seeee her again she stopped going to school. :x

so now i only have the lakers one and this limited edition by Michael Jordan . wanna go cop a michael jordan Chicago Bulls jersey. that would be dope.

what Jerseys do you have Ken???

mannampepo
BSOS Beast

Post by mannampepo » 19 Apr 2008 21:59

GEEEEZ Ken your gonnnna get me so addicted to watching the NBA now. i cant stop writing on this topic theres so much to say and talk about. iit almost like its never ending. now on saturdays if Andrew or Erik ask if wanna kick i will be like nah im watching the NBA.

i will become a NBA fean couch potato. :x

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 20 Apr 2008 15:43

Jordan jerseys are so ubiquitous, I find that I only really like the rarer ones.

In order of coolness:

1. The "comeback" Jordan jersey, when he wore #45 for half a season instead of #23.
2. The black jersey with the pinstripes.
3. College Carolina #23 jersey is cool.

I guess the throwback jersey with "Chicago" written in cursive is cool too.

I'd feel really guilty if I somehow impeded your footbag progress by getting you to become an NBA couch potato again. That said, the playoffs will wind down in like a month, and then you have until Halloween to focus on shred.

And by "Red", I meant Red Shred Husted.

mannampepo
BSOS Beast

Post by mannampepo » 20 Apr 2008 18:39

hahaha dont feel guity Ken just be happy i was playing guiltless today. :wink:

jazzz(93), Rockets(82) (F)
Deron Williams double double

hornets 104, mavs 92 (F)
Chris Paul double double

spurs 117, suns 115 (F)
Tim Duncan double double

cavs 93, wizzard 86 (F)

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 21 Apr 2008 11:21

Go Celtics! It's just too bad New England didn't win the Super Bowl and the Bruins aren't going to win the Stanley Cup, then Boston would have all the gold. Figuratively speaking, of course.

The Penguins are going to won the Stanely Cup. Go Pittsburgh!
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 21 Apr 2008 12:41

Orlando made the Raptors look like deer in the headlights.

What the fuck Sam Mitchell? He makes a massive lineup change, inserting the inconsistent retard center Bargnani in the small forward position RIGHT before the game. So here we were with a brand new lineup that didn't know what the fuck was happening and they made us pay.

At least Jason Kapono finally decided to throw in some 3's.

Last night we also ran an all white team for a while too.

Why does everyone on the raptors look all confused and awkward? :roll:
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 22 Apr 2008 19:19

Like I said, his knowledge in match up's and play calling are limited. I haven't watched either of these games yet, but tonights sounded really exciting later on. Toronto didn't quit and that's impressive but not surprsing because you have a talented team. Bosh might've even gotten fouled by Howard on that second to last drive. But the last play where it ends up with him shooting a 17 footer? Why is your center shooting a 17 footer to end the game, when apparently Calderon and some others were playing well enough to bring it back so close so why didn't they have the ball when it was down to the wire? That's all on Sam for letting that happen that way. But like I said I didn't watch the game. I wouldn't be surpised if Toronto takes this to 5-6 though atleast I'm impressed they let this game slip away from them.

Right now its 8:34 left in the third for the Sun/Spurs game, and as always the Spurs have come out of the half stroking. I remember thinking during the half that the Spurs were going to do this, and it's coming true. If the Suns lose this game, it's because of the lazy plays made during the end of the 2nd quarter, which always kills them when the game gets closer late. The Spurs consistently out work the Suns, and seem to make less mistakes even when they're down. We'll see what happens, if the Suns win this series my Western conferfence predictions will probably all be correct for the first round. But we'll see.... Shaq needs to foul someone hard.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 22 Apr 2008 20:26

Forgot the series aren't 7 games.

Phoenix got it close but gout out toughed the whole time.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 23 Apr 2008 05:03

The series ARE 7 games.

Suns are now down 0-2 in the series, which seems kind of dire, but I don't think is that bad. Teams are expected to win on their home court, and the Spurs barely pulled that off in the first game. If the Suns can win the next 3 at home and steal one on the road, that's the series. It'll be tough, but Suns fans shouldn't panic yet or anything.

Props to the Raptors for putting up a much better fight in the last game. They still lost, but at least they know they can hang now.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 25 Apr 2008 20:24

It's somewhere in the 3rd and the Sun's are down 20. Unless Nash's alley oop to Shaq ignites them, this series and the Sun's season are over.

My final thoughts on the Shaq trade? In theory, it was a good idea to get a Center to allow Amare to play the 4, but Shaq was not the center they should've gotten. Defensively, he is too old to make much on an impact, and watching the team it is just clear that he wasn't the right fit. He still makes them better I suppose, but I dunno. I think Gasol would've been an absolutely perfect fit for the Sun's, but that isn't here nor there. What they really needed was a young, big, high energy center who could hit more than a few free throws a game.

Suns and Piston, two of my favorite teams, are in bad posistions right now.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 25 Apr 2008 22:17

Did you just pick the team with more W's for all your predictions?
Naw, I actually usually pick the teams that I want to win in my heart. The only two otherwise were Atlanta vs Boston and Utah V Houston, because I knew how both of those would go. Picking on teams you like is part of the reason I have Detriot winning the Finals even though it looks like they wont get out of the first round. Everyone knew Phillie was good and would play them well, but no one expected this well. Either way, the way Detriot is playing right now they wouldn't have gotten near the Finals anyways.

That isn't that all to say that my picks are just uneducated guesses either. Of the first 8 games, I think I'll end up with 6 of them called correctly. This is the first season I've seriously followed the NBA so I haven't really had a chance to see how a lot of these teams really are by watching them in the playoffs. Detriot and Phoenix will probably never see a Championship with the core group of players they have now. But that isn't to say they wont; no one knows what will happen in next years playoffs.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 26 Apr 2008 06:29

Raps 108-94 Magic

Boo-Yah!!!!
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Fuego
Shredalicious

Post by Fuego » 27 Apr 2008 06:54

Yay Hawks....

Yay Josh Smith....

....yay
Andrew Coleman
SOUF4ever

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 27 Apr 2008 08:38

Gotta give it to the Hawks, they played well and didn't choke down the stretch. But Horford needs to calm down. Talking shit on Pierce like that can only hurt the Hawks.

What about them sixers? I did not foresee them getting a 2-1 lead in the series.

I'm having trouble getting into these playoffs because every team I'm rooting for is doing really badly. I guess the best I can hope for is for the Lakers or Spurs to make the finals, and then lose badly to whoever. That's the only real redemption left for me. I guess it'd also be nice to see KG win a ring finally, but more than anything I just want to see the Lakers or Spurs lose. Fuck them.

Fuego
Shredalicious

Post by Fuego » 28 Apr 2008 19:06

YEEEAAAHHH BOYYYY!!!

Hawks Celtics series tied 2-2

Wow this is exciting. It would have been more exciting if I didn't have to work during the past three games and keep up with the scores from the little ticker on ESPN.com
I can't believe the Hawks are makin a series out of this. However, they prove to be a much better team at home than on the road, and 2 of the next three(if it goes to 7) are in Boston. Anyway, still exciting.
Go J-Smooooooove. 27 points, 7 blocks, wow.
Andrew Coleman
SOUF4ever

Fuego
Shredalicious

Post by Fuego » 28 Apr 2008 19:11

YEEEAAAHHH BOYYYY!!!

Hawks Celtics series tied 2-2

Wow this is exciting. It would have been more exciting if I didn't have to work during the past three games and keep up with the scores from the little ticker on ESPN.com
I can't believe the Hawks are makin a series out of this. However, they prove to be a much better team at home than on the road, and 2 of the next three(if it goes to 7) are in Boston. Anyway, still exciting.
Go J-Smooooooove. 27 points, 7 blocks, wow.

I agree about Horford. I understand why he was so pumped though. I went to a Hawks game during the regular season and there's not much to get pumped about. There's never a very big crowd at Hawks games, so I'm sure it was awesome for these guys to get to play in front of so many people cheering for them. There were 19,000 fans in attendance for game 3 in ATL. That's more than there were in Boston for game 2. I can see why he was pumped, he had been holding in in all regular season. However, you are right, it's never a good idea to give a player like Pierce some extra motivation(besides the prospect of winning a championship) to elevate his game.
Andrew Coleman
SOUF4ever