Dissertation on the self-aggrandizement of certain members

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Dissertation on the self-aggrandizement of certain members

Post by BainbridgeShred » 18 Sep 2008 10:58

P00, allow me to introduce myself. I'm one of the victims of your unimaginative fairy tales. As a note of explanation for other readers of this letter: P00 has figuratively enclosed itself in a secure elitist ghetto. For the sake of review, p00's remonstrations are like a Hydra. They continually acquire new heads and new strength. The only way to stunt their growth is to comment on a phenomenon that has and will continue to worsen an already unstable situation. The only way to destroy its Hydra entirely is to provide more people with the knowledge that we are at a crossroads. One road leads into the light of a bright, shining future in which jaundiced, neo-querulous propagandists like p00 are totally absent. The other road leads into the darkness of gnosticism. The question, therefore, is: Who's driving the bus? I don't pretend to know the answer but I do know that p00 has been trying hard to protect what has become a lucrative racket for it. Unfortunately, that lucrative racket has a hard-to-overlook consequence: it will incite an atmosphere of violence and endangerment toward the good men, women, and children of this state one of these days.

Who among you reading these words is not moved to think outside the box? Most of us who have been around for a while realize that perhaps one day we will live in a world where good people are not troubled by fear of unconscionable fomenters of revolution. Until that day arrives, however, we must spread the word that p00 is a disorganized big-labor boss. More than that, all the deals p00 makes are strictly one-way. P00 gets all the rights, and the other party gets all the obligations.

P00 uses obscure words like "hyperphosphorescence" and "noncontemporaneousness" to conceal its agenda to dupe people into believing that an open party with unlimited access to alcohol can't possibly outgrow the host's ability to manage the crowd. I, not being one of the many incontinent meanies of this world, find that having to process phrases with long words like those makes me feel hoodwinked, inferior, definitely frustrated, and angry. That's why I strive for utmost clarity whenever I explain to others that it's likely that in the coming days p00 will create an atmosphere of mistrust in which speculations and rumors gain the appearance of viability and compete openly with more carefully considered theories if we don't stop it now. Let me express that same thought in slightly different terms: Sometimes I think that p00 is simply a willing pawn of those oppressive, dysfunctional jokers who denigrate and discard all of Western culture. I typically drop that willing-pawn notion, however, whenever I remember that p00 decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that it fears because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility. Everybody loves a good game of hide-and-seek: find the person, find the hidden item, or, in p00's case, find the hidden agenda. Let me end by citing my standard hate-mail response form letter:

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. One question, though: Do you actually want p00 to shred the basic compact between the people and their government? Because that's what'll happen if we don't make technical preparations for the achievement of freedom and human independence.

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 18 Sep 2008 19:00

Almost perfect example of tl;dr
James Randall

LEGOMAN
Egyptian Footgod

Post by LEGOMAN » 21 Sep 2008 07:50

could of been longer but whatever

tl;dr
People that like LEGOMAN - 10
People that hate LEGOMAN - 1000