Evan Lovely is in India practicing yoga

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
TwistedTorque
Fearless

Evan Lovely is in India practicing yoga

Post by TwistedTorque » 03 Dec 2008 22:45

So I'm going to India from December 3rd, 2008 until January 13th, 2009. First, I will meet my great friend there, Ben Little, who has just got done with 2 years and 4 months volunteering for the Peace Corps in Tanzania, Africa. We will be practicing Ashtanga Yoga in Mysore for 2 weeks at the Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute, home of the founder of this style of yoga: Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. Then there will be 3 more weeks of travel.
I will be posting updates on my blog:
http://evanlovely.com
Here is the original "I'm going" post with more details.
Evan Lovely
Twitter
Personal Site
Sole Purpose Footbag Convert
Portland, OR

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 04 Dec 2008 02:50

Awesome, have a great trip - sounds like a fun adventure. Be careful though, and if you get caught in a terrorist attack, look for some Aussies ;)

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24 ... 21,00.html

""It probably all sounds more dramatic than it really was. I did what any Aussie would do in the circumstances. It would have been nice if there'd been another Aussie around and we could have done more."

As the bloodbath continued downstairs, however, Mr Smith's army training prompted him to take further action. He climbed out of the cupboard and first grabbed a butter knife from a plate on a table.

"My intention was to use it to kill someone," he said. "

RawSko
Green Footbag Ninja

Post by RawSko » 05 Dec 2008 07:47

lol, Jeremy!

I'll be going to India soon too! But shit, I think I get there just after you leave. I'm hoping to get there around the begginning of February. I want to go and stay in a bunch of different ashrams and monestaries, and learn how to meditate and clense my body and soul and all that... sounds really cool. Sure you don't want to extend your stay a bit? It'd be great to have a shred session in the homeland of Modified. I hope to be rambling about India and Nepal for about 2 or 3 months. The east will be great!!
Ben Roscoe

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 05 Dec 2008 23:08

Sounds great. I have often thought it would be awesome to make such a trip. Namasté.
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 09 Dec 2008 16:55

That sounds great dude! I would love to go to an ashram or something like that. I've been practicing meditation and yoga for a while and have found them to really help in my everyday life. I'll be checking out your blog too. I hope you have a good time and learn a lot. Om Mani Padme Hum. and... Aum Namah Shivaya. and... Ham-sa.

How wonderful!
How wonderful!-
All things are
perfect
exactly as they
are!
-The Buddha
David Wilder

NC Aliens.