I'm starting to lose faith in trying to become a good poster

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

I'm starting to lose faith in trying to become a good poster

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 20 Dec 2008 01:11

So i decided to stop being an asshole on these forums and get my LEGOMAN account deactived and try to be a good poster, and everything is going good. I thought you myself "I remember telling peopled I traveled with random stories and they loved it!" and i created that random story topic.

Everything is going good until Jeremy posted that really large picture. I was thinking "hey if i just asked him nicely im sure he'll un-inline it!" so i shot him this pm:
Subject: could you not inline that picture in the random story topic?
it really stretches the page and makes it weirder to use
i thought i wasnt being an asshole or anything there but i guess i was wrong. this is what i got back:
Jeremy wrote:Could you not act like a dick on the forum? It's really annoying and makes it weirder to use.
Does everyone on modified think im the only reason this forum is shit? i really really hope not. this just gives me less reason to try and be serious on here.

Thoughts?

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 20 Dec 2008 01:14

here is what i wrote back to him:
hey guess what? thats why i reactivated my Kyle Hewitt account to stop. but thanks for trying.

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 20 Dec 2008 02:51

You're doing good Kyle. Keep it up. Don't let others get you down.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 20 Dec 2008 04:47

lol :lol:

This topic isn't a serious discussion topic and needs to be moved to the kicking circle.

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 20 Dec 2008 11:27

Kyle, you're doing fine.

But this thread really belongs in the "I think Jeremy is a prick" subforum.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 20 Dec 2008 13:44

this thread isn't about how you think you aren't capable of making good posts (despite the guise that it is).

this thread is how you think jeremy was mean / unreasonable to you, and you want everyone to know about it.

seems like you handled it just fine by telling him that you've reactivated your personal account and you're trying to do better. This doesn't require a thread, it requires a mod to edit jeremy's post if he refuses to reasonably cooperate.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 20 Dec 2008 13:51

youre not the only reason, but you only have control over yourself.

in theory.

(not to mention his story was better than yours)
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 20 Dec 2008 14:18

ps:
Does everyone on modified think im the only reason this forum is shit? i really really hope not. this just gives me less reason to try and be serious on here.

Thoughts?
are you suggesting that if you don't receive validation from other forum members (ie: "oh, kyle, you're doing great, you're not the only reason!"), then you are going to lose control over yourself again and no longer be able to post like a reasonable person?

I would file that under "passive-aggressive threat". I hate passive aggressiveness, and I hate threats.

I hadn't considered that you might be the only reason that this forum is shit, but this post is making me seriously consider it.

GTFU or GTFO (grow the fuck up or get the fuck out). stop victimizing yourself to the point where you feel like it would be reasonable to gum up this forum with your response to your own emotional instability and insecurity.

Believe me, it is not reasonable. just leave if you find other forum members so infuriating that you completely lose control of your own ability to be a decent person.

it's like you're a perfectly decent member of the community until you start wondering if you're a decent member of the community or not.

JUST GET OVER IT!!! I'm sure the rest of us are tired of going along for the ride on this emotional rollercoaster you're on.
BRICK!

nyfa

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 20 Dec 2008 15:29

first time ever that i didnt like what matt cross said. weird feeling...

..kyle, i honestly havnt noticed you being any sort of especially poor poster recently... in fact, nothing you have ever done has realy bothered me, i could tell that you were just being yourself, and trying to get some laughs. also, having met you in person, i know that you wouldnt ever seriously say ahlf the things you do, so its easy for me to just not take them seriosuly. so dont worry, our fine... some people just love to make a huge deal out of nothing.

youre fine, bro.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 20 Dec 2008 15:33

The world doesn't revolve around modified (oh man, I hope it doesn't!). We all have our own priorities in life. In an internet forum like modified, we can act like we do in the world, act virtuously, or act like complete douchbags. You are what you make of yourself, and that is the one prerogative inherent in you and everyone that is human.

Live it up, buddy. Live happily, live healthily, love, live.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

dyalander
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by dyalander » 20 Dec 2008 15:48

This doesn't require a thread, it requires a mod to edit jeremy's post if he refuses to reasonably cooperate.
I'm disinclined to edit the photo - it seems to me that the point is that you need to scroll across in a manner that is supposed to mimic turning your head. I don't think its too disruptive to the thread and so I don't think it warrants modification. If it ruined the thread by forcing people to scroll down I'd understand, but if you don't want to scroll across just move onto the next post.
Who wears short shorts?
Dylan Govender.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 20 Dec 2008 15:52

I don't know, cale... you sure didn't seem to like it when I suggested that people should just get used to the party atmosphere at footbag tournaments ;)

you may be overlooking an important part of that first post / this situation:

(also, you seem to be overlooking the fact that Kyle has made a few pretty epic series of negative, trouble-making, conversation-degrading posts in his time on modified. You DO realize that Kyle and LEGOMAN are one and the same, right?)

anyway, you may be overlooking an important part of that first post / this situation:

Kyle uses a sense of victimization to justify his negativity and troublemaking on this forum. He will feel that he has been wronged, or that everyone else is making bad posts that he has to read, or that no one likes him so it doesn't matter what he does anyway.

Once he feels like that, it's followed up by a lot of aggressive, unreasonable, angry, and / or inflammatory posting.

What we're seeing right now is not the inflammatory posting etc etc. we are seeing the precursor to that.

all I am trying to say to him is, don't even get started again. spare us. just keep your damn mouth shut before you make a complete ass of yourself again.

when he says this:

"Does everyone on modified think im the only reason this forum is shit? i really really hope not. this just gives me less reason to try and be serious on here."

I clearly interpret that to mean "I'm warning you, give me validation, or you're going to have to start dealing with LEGOMAN again, because I just cannot be a reasonable person if I have to deal with these conditions", the conditions being the (imaginary) opinion that "everyone on modified thinks kyle makes modified shit".

I've spent a good bit of time with kyle, online and on the phone, trying to help him deal with his modified-related and non-modified-related problems.
I see where this situation is going, and I'm trying to save him from himself, before he descends into LEGOMAN state again. I know I'm being harsh, but he needs that. He doesn't listen to light suggestions.

I do think kyle's been doing better. all I'm trying to say is,

YOU HAVE BEEN DOING BETTER! DON'T FUCK IT UP *AGAIN* BY IMAGINING A SITUATION WHERE YOU'RE SOME KIND OF VICTIM *AGAIN*, WHEN YOU'RE REALLY JUST MAKING EVERYONE ELSE A VICTIM TO YOU.

just ignore the one goddamn PM from goddamn Jeremy before you get your goddamn panties in a goddamn bunch and start acting like a goddamn jerk again. This whole thread is just a pathetic cry for validation.

Kyle, I wouldn't call you out on this if I didn't think you could do better than before. do you understand?
BRICK!

nyfa

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 20 Dec 2008 16:04

haha oh yeah, i forgot about that :D

i havnt been around on modified as long as you matt, so there probably are things i dont know about.

i didnt realize you knew kyle very well. haha yeah, i know kyle and legoman are the same person... or are they? (deep, psychological question)

i can definitely see what you are saying now matt, after what youve just said.

basically, mat's always right... sort of like my mom. did you guys go to school together? :wink:

so kyle, i guess just remember what waylon said... the world doesnt revolve around modified.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 21 Dec 2008 03:13

The very fact that Kyle started this topic shows that he hasn't changed and still doesn't understand how to behave on a forum.

OMG I hijacked a shit topic with a cool picture. I'm a bad person. Go have a look at the topic Kyle cares so much about and honestly tell me whether you think that topic is anything other than a cancer killing modified.

Here's a tip for everybody. 97% of posts I make are serious posts about serious issues. 2% of posts are trivial posts in shit topics basically trying to say that I think those topics are shit. 1% of posts I make are just stupid. The posts everybody complain about are that 2% of posts where somebody starts a topic that has no direction or clear topic, or is about a really ridiculous subject.

If I could have 1 thing for Christmas, it would be for people to be able to tell the difference between important and completely fucking stupid issues. Some issues are definitely important and should be discussed. Other issues are completely fucking stupid and anything that can be done to stop people discussing them is, at worst, not changing anything - it's impossible to make the situation worse.

Now here's the thing. If the topics I deem as being completely fucking stupid actually had some worth people would revert to the actual discussion. The worth of the topic would mean that trivial hijacks wouldn't derail the "discussion." If you go into any serious topic on this forum and post something to derail it, it doesn't work. You only need to look through the topics to see that this is the case. Only completely fucking stupid topics don't have the support of people to keep the topic going.

This has been a serious post in a completely fucking stupid topic. I've done this because it's clear that the level of intelligence in discussion so far is pathetic, and since I thought some of the people posting were intelligent, I'm just assuming they're not thinking. It's unlikely that I will invest any time at all in further commenting with any seriousness on this discussion.

tl;dr

Trivial discussion is trivial. Man the fuck up and stop crying over spilt milk.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 21 Dec 2008 11:29

I wish you'd be more specific than "some of the people", so I could tell the level of offense I'm supposed to be feeling right now in response to your post.
BRICK!

nyfa

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 21 Dec 2008 20:00

Jeremy wrote:
1% of posts I make are just stupid.

...... oh look, there it is up there. ^^^^^^^

number of times the "f" word was used: 6

number of times it made me respect what you had to say: 0
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 22 Dec 2008 09:19

One word: Dramafied. :roll:
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 22 Dec 2008 15:40

YHABT

...and it's one that keeps on giving.
James Randall

Pinkus
Shredalicious

Post by Pinkus » 30 Jan 2009 15:28

In all honesty, I think modified is killing footbag.

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 07 Feb 2009 16:13

Pinkus wrote:In all honesty, I think modified is killing footbag.
Lol amen.
Oliver Adams