book rental service?

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

book rental service?

Post by C-Fan » 19 Jan 2009 20:17

was just thinking. my sister does -a lot- of reading, and spends like $1000 a year on just books alone. most of them she just reads once then never looks again. is there any kind of like...video rental store but for books? would make things a lot cheaper, plus once one person has read one the next person can get enjoyment from it etc

mc
Modifiend

Re: book rental service?

Post by mc » 19 Jan 2009 20:19

C-Fan wrote:was just thinking. my sister does -a lot- of reading, and spends like $1000 a year on just books alone. most of them she just reads once then never looks again. is there any kind of like...video rental store but for books? would make things a lot cheaper, plus once one person has read one the next person can get enjoyment from it etc
dude, I'm totally cracking up over here.

are you serious?

ly

bra

ree
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 19 Jan 2009 20:32

I was driving back from Montreal one time and had a fantastic idea. I thought, "Hey! There are too many cars on the road, someone should really do something about that". Obviously there are ways to car pool or you could even take a bus but what would be really sweet would be like a really long giant bus we could get tickets for and share. It could go from city to city dropping people off. Now it couldn't just stop anywhere, I guess they would have to make stations for it. I think that makes much more sense, don't you. Then I thought, no what would be even more awesome would be if that giant long bus didn't even have to share the road with the rest of the cars. They should give it it's own very special lane, you know, like a really great straight lane all of its own that would go from station to station. Heck, to make it easier for the driver of the bus they could stick the bus on some kind of steel track. Then that way they could even haul lots of stuff behind the giant long bus. I think it would be really nice and scenic to ride such a modern invention. Sigh, a man can dream.
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 19 Jan 2009 20:49

Old copy pasta is old. Also can mods move it the kicking circle please.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 20 Jan 2009 14:56

I was going through the fail blog yesterday, and that post made me laugh really hard. I decided to repost it here under my name so it would have the full-on "WTF?" idiot effect.

I figured it would be funny for people who hadn't seen it, and that people who had already seen it wouldn't care. I guess I forgot about Jeremy.

:lol:

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 20 Jan 2009 15:32

How many times do I make personal attacks against you Ken? Is it always necessary to make ad hominems when ever you aren't happy with something I do?

edit; Also what you've quoted wasn't written as a joke, it was written as a troll so by reposting it, all you're doing is trolling. And mods, I note that this is the only topic on the front page of this subforum that isn't serious and doesn't meet the subforum criteria. The whole point of having non-footbag subforums apart from the kicking circle is so that there can be places to get away from reposts of 2 year old trolls.

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 20 Jan 2009 22:32

You can essentially buy used books off amazon for free. All you have to pay for is shipping. The other option is to get an Ebook reader (i.e. like a tablet or palm pilot designed specifically for reading) and download electronic copies of books for a reasonable price. Project Gutenberg also has a life time's worth of electronic books available for free download due to expired copyrights.

For some people that live in cities with poor public transportation visiting libraries regularily is not really a viable option.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 21 Jan 2009 01:06

[Moved to Kicking Circle - King Monkey]
Ian Pritchard - http://www.ausfootbag.org

'People, just play Footbag and stop being dickheads!' - Michał Biarda

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 28 Jan 2009 13:48

Ah, so I wasn't going crazy when I thought I'd seen that post before. That is pure gold.
Oliver Adams

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 28 Jan 2009 15:14

http://www.paperbackswap.com/

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess. But still worth checking out.