Modified - In Decline

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 05 Apr 2009 14:32

Heres what its like in the video section

*Video of someone having bad forum and only doing huge tricks*

HOLY SHIT THATS AWESOME BRO KEEP IT UP

DAMN DUDE THAT SHIT WAS SO CLEAN

I think you need to work on your basics and then start working on bigger tricks

HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT GUYS PROBLEM

HE BE TROLLIN PEOPLE

FUCK HIM HE NEEDS TO BE BANNED

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 05 Apr 2009 18:02

While I agree with your sentiment, clearly there are different ways of expressing yourself and I'd suggest that other people who make critical comments about videos do not induce the same responses that you do.

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 05 Apr 2009 18:33

Kyle Hewitt wrote:Heres what its like in the video section

*Video of someone having bad forum and only doing huge tricks*

HOLY SHIT THATS AWESOME BRO KEEP IT UP

DAMN DUDE THAT SHIT WAS SO CLEAN

I think you need to work on your basics and then start working on bigger tricks

HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT GUYS PROBLEM

HE BE TROLLIN PEOPLE

FUCK HIM HE NEEDS TO BE BANNED
I lol'd.
Oliver Adams

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 05 Apr 2009 19:20

Jeremy wrote:While I agree with your sentiment, clearly there are different ways of expressing yourself and I'd suggest that other people who make critical comments about videos do not induce the same responses that you do.
yeah i would bet but who actually does that anymore. its not cool

an example of my post

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=19938

those tips made this happen:
brianbear wrote:http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=19309

i got 2nd in intermediate circle comp at NYJ by concentrating on guilt/tilt string length.
even over alex, which i obviously couldn't do if i was fun shredding high as shit: which usually consists of: 2, 2, 2, 5, 2, 3, 2, 4, 3, 3, 2
very inconsistent strings when im having fun playing high.
I dont usually put put videos of long strings because I feel like people don't want to watch tiltless and guiltless. i'll make one soon though. hah.

i thought it was pretty funny last time when yo told me drill the basics and hurt your ankle like a week later! hope *cough cough* it doesn't happen again and that you drill the basics too!
what the fuck? i'm just trying to help you out. your style looked terrible in the video with alex. the pick ups and everything looked horrible. the fairys were really bad style to me.

i did the same thing you're doing now, and i'm just trying to help you not make the same mistake you did.

and let's see you do symp whirl> whirr without running the chance of rolling your ankle
brianbear wrote:maybe yo shouldn't be trying that yet!
anyways, i have not hit whirr yet so i wouldn't even try it!
sorry, dude, but enough people dig my style for me to not really care what you have to say! You can see my basics when i make a video of solo seshing.

lol. have fun having a "creative" style

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 05 Apr 2009 22:54

I am unsure what your point is. I would like to add that I don't really see much of a problem in Brian's responses to you. He's doesn't attack you personally, he just disagrees with your opinion. While I would tend to agree with you and disagree with him on the sentiment of the discussion, I think we have to accept that not everybody will agree with everything we say and complaining that people have different opinions is foolish. It's his footbag game - if he's happy with it and doesn't want to listen to your advice then that's his choice and it's not worth getting worked up over.

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 05 Apr 2009 23:02

"thanks for the advice" would of ended that discussion a lot earlier then saying my advice is worthless to him

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 06 Apr 2009 05:24

Slowsis wrote:Also.....many of us are assholes. Many. :lol:
I don't think there's that many. Maybe like three or four. But they definitely have an effect. I think a lot of people don't post because they expect somebody will jump down their throat. Unless you come here mostly to watch the drama unfold, it isn't a very fun environment.

Posting pms - not cool.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 06 Apr 2009 15:49

Kyle Hewitt wrote:"thanks for the advice" would of ended that discussion a lot earlier then saying my advice is worthless to him
Wow, you must be so offended.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 06 Apr 2009 20:43

If you're going to troll be humorous and find someone that most people in the community already dislike to pick on

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 06 Apr 2009 20:51

BainbridgeShred wrote:If you're going to troll be humorous and find someone that most people in the community already dislike to pick on
rockno.jpg

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 07 Apr 2009 00:23

Haha this forum NEVER changes!

Modified in a nutshell:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw[/youtube]
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 07 Apr 2009 01:00

why did you have to post boxxy? whhhhhy

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 08 Apr 2009 09:19

Haven't read it all, but anyone give a thought to Youtube being a reason that people don't post here as much. Youtube became a great way for everyone to find free hosting for their videos, but at the same time if I want to watch footbag videos I don't come here I just go to Youtube. I imagine a lot of people do the same. You can comment on the videos there just as easily as you can comment here.

Thoughts?
Old Skool

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 08 Apr 2009 11:41

Splint wrote:Haven't read it all, but anyone give a thought to Youtube being a reason that people don't post here as much. Youtube became a great way for everyone to find free hosting for their videos, but at the same time if I want to watch footbag videos I don't come here I just go to Youtube. I imagine a lot of people do the same. You can comment on the videos there just as easily as you can comment here.

Thoughts?
the best youtube comments on those videos are LOL THE BAG ISNT REAL HES A PHONY

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 08 Apr 2009 12:13

Well I know the bag is real in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPYM4Bu2K8Q
Old Skool

Pinkus
Shredalicious

Post by Pinkus » 08 Apr 2009 13:34

Splint wrote:Well I know the bag is real in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPYM4Bu2K8Q
in that last move, does the fact that there are two butt cheeks mean that it gets 2 unusual surface adds?

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 08 Apr 2009 17:18

I'm not sure if it gets any. Unusual surface adds only go to parts of the leg. I'm don't know if butt cheeks count as parts of the legs.

dyalander
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by dyalander » 11 Apr 2009 18:13

I think another reason not discussed here might be that the game is at a stage where internet discussion can't contribute as much as it could previously.

In past years, discussions about the add system, x-dex, paradox, new comp formats, were all going on for the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time (online that is) and I think these ideas were still settling into their place in footbag and rippling through the community. Now they are what they are and everyone has discussed them to death except the newbies so there's little point going over it all again other than to get newbies up to speed (which is important but not i nthe same way as when the ideas/concepts were first being discussed). Any changes in these and other areas in freestyle now need to be made in practice, and when this occurs it will rejuvinate debate and open up new areas for discussion. Until that happens, internet discussion will be a little stale.

Perhaps this question as to whether the butt is part of the leg or not is just what we need to rejuvinate discussion of the add system. We're through the looking glass here people.
Who wears short shorts?
Dylan Govender.

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 12 Apr 2009 14:07

Kyle Hewitt wrote:
"thanks for the advice" would of ended that discussion a lot earlier then saying my advice is worthless to him

response
Jeremy: Wow, you must be so offended.
OMG, did I actually hurt Kyle's feelings!?!? I must be a modified hero!

I pretty much gave you the exact same advice as you gave me...
except I didn't say your tricks looked like shit... that's just rude!

AND: I didn't post that video, and definitely wasn't asking anyone to analyze it or tell me how to play...
AND: Posting PM's is pretty lame.

I'll also add to this topic and agree with the last post that there aren't many concepts left to talk about... which could be a big part of less discussion.

I also think people used to come here ONLY for videos all the time, and that youtube has sucked out a huge posting population.
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 12 Apr 2009 16:49

brianbear wrote:
Kyle Hewitt wrote:

response
Jeremy: Wow, you must be so offended.
OMG, did I actually hurt Kyle's feelings!?!? I must be a modified hero!

I pretty much gave you the exact same advice as you gave me...
except I didn't say your tricks looked like shit... that's just rude!

AND: I didn't post that video, and definitely wasn't asking anyone to analyze it or tell me how to play...
AND: Posting PM's is pretty lame.

I'll also add to this topic and agree with the last post that there aren't many concepts left to talk about... which could be a big part of less discussion.

I also think people used to come here ONLY for videos all the time, and that youtube has sucked out a huge posting population.
a modified hero of not being able to string

and modified.in is fucking stupid if you want people to get to tell you where your fucking up. all people will say is OMG YOUR SO GOOD