Japan and their Nuclear Plants

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
hrdcorethndr1
Shredaholic

Japan and their Nuclear Plants

Post by hrdcorethndr1 » 04 Jan 2010 08:04

I am having a hard time finding enough sources and information on Japanese nuclear power plants. I have to write an essay about the econmic affects of these power plants, aka lots of basic data, i have not done intesive research, that starts today, but the searching i have done has only resulted in the number of nuclear power plants in Japan.

So basically i was wondering if anyone knows anything about the cost/benifits of nuclear power plants in Japan (or in general). Or if anyone knows any sources, it's a longshot but i will take anything i can get.
Zachary Morgan

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 04 Jan 2010 09:13

i put "japan nuclear plant info" into google, and got some articles back on accidents, spills, etc, as some of the first results. Is that the kind of "cost" you could refer to in your article?
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 05 Jan 2010 04:25

The issue of nuclear power economics is one of the most confusing fields I've tried to understand. I don't really have any good sources for you, but a whole bunch of conflicting claims, none of which really relates to Japan.

I'd advise going to this wikipedia page;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_in_japan

And then following the links and sources from that page. It looks like there's the possibility of finding some reliable information through there - especially looking at the Japanese nuclear organisation websites and the references.

I realise there's a moderately high probability you've tried this already :P

hrdcorethndr1
Shredaholic

Post by hrdcorethndr1 » 06 Jan 2010 19:47

i appriciate the replies, but ihave just been informed today that my teacher won't be counting this essay unless i have below a 90 average. and since i do have above a 90 average, i get to write three pages of informed bull shittery. she will make me do the essay over and take the final (which i am exempt from) if i just do horrific, but this essay will be no sweat.

So i will mesage a mod to delete, but idk if it will get taken care of so
Mods, delete away if you happen to come across this.
Zachary Morgan