Asking for your help

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Asking for your help

Post by Tripp » 19 Aug 2011 04:55

I lost my best friend last week.

I know not a lot of people here knew Jeff Sibble, but he's been to a few footbag jams with me and I'm sure he made some sort of impression on just about everyone that made it out to Nick Polini's PA jam this year.
Anyways, I'm not good with words, and I'm hoping this doesn't sound selfish coming to you guys like this, but the reason I'm making this post is to ask for donations. His dad is still collecting unemployment and his mother has horrendous health issues with, I believe, no insurance. From my understanding, the hospital bill, ambulance bill, and lifeflight bill are being taking care of but the funeral had to be paid in full. Jeff's aunt put it entirely in her name and we're trying to get her paid back. So anything is appreciated. I think it was a little over $5,000 total, but a few friends have collected up around $2,000 so far. Already had a very generous donation from Mike Angeski. Thanks dude.
Also, a local deathcore band from here called Ursus is dedicating their entire farewell show to Jeff. Megan and I are getting shirts made to hand out to friends in honor of him. I don't know what the design is going to be yet but I know it's going to say 'Kill Whitey' on it somewhere. It's something he used to get drunk and scream into random crowds of people at shows. Funny as hell.
By the way, his parents opted to have him buried in his Steel City Shred Off 2006 t-shirt and I threw an MC bag in his coffin with him.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/butler ... =153067531
Josh Gayhart ... keeping footbag tuff since 2002.

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 19 Aug 2011 04:57

Oh yeah, if you are interested in helping out. My paypal email:

trippderelict@yahoo.com

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 19 Aug 2011 08:51

Josh,

My thoughts go out to you. I didn't know Jeff well, but he showed me friendship at Nick's jam, and he was inarguably the life of the party. I'm having a laugh right now just thinking of it. That cat was wild.

I can't offer any money, per se, but I can offer the cash from the sale of my next two bags, and also replace the one you left with Jeff when he was laid to rest. Thank you for choosing one of my bags to be part of his memorial. That means a lot to me.

For those interested in the bags, please send $35 for one and $65 for two to the paypal address listed above, including a note that it's for my bag(s). Then, send me a PM with custom specs for the bags. Josh, please send me a PM when you get the money, and also one with your address and color preferences for the replacement. I know you like 'em heavy.

I appreciate your role as a scene leader and a footbag ambassador to the metal community. It breaks my heart that you've lost your best friend, and that the East Coast has lost a footbagger. I'm here for you if you need to talk.

Sincerely,

Matt
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 19 Aug 2011 20:10

I am living off of fumes until my loans kick in, or I would help out. Sorry about that.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Aug 2011 21:17

Yo Josh,

Jeff was tha man at PA Footbag Jam. I'm really sorry to hear the sad news. I remember when he cornered me near my room and begged to pay me for letting him sleep in my apartment, but I refused. I hope he at least got the PA Jam shirt I made him. That's really unfortunate and I can hardly believe it. He certainly was the life of the party. I remember first night of my Jam, he let me try his G-Units on. I took that picture of him up there and when I went to review my pictures after the jam was over, I couldn't help but laugh at that one, especially because all you can see is "FUCK MY" haha :) Jeff still has my favorite quote from any footbag jam... "THIS BEER TASTES LIKE DICK!" hahahaha Damn, that got me. It's so hard to believe he's gone...

Seeing as I'm a college student, I don't have much to donate, but I'm going to donate something to help him out. That dude deserves it. All the nice ones get taken.

R.I.P. Jeff

Stay strong, Josh. Hope to see you again soon.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 24 Aug 2011 15:00

Thanks a ton guys. Have had some seriously generous contributions. It means a lot and I and the rest of his family really appreciate it. Megan is also organizing a benefit show for a bunch of local bands to come out and play. I hope it goes well. I'm sure it will.