Kakadu Volunteer opportunity

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
lilo
Circle Kicker

Kakadu Volunteer opportunity

Post by lilo » 09 Feb 2012 15:56

No, this isn't spam!

I thought I'd through this out there, in case anybody is interested.

I'm busy in the middle of doing an honours project on grass fire cycles and their impact, and in July and August I'll be doing two 7-10 day walks through Kakadu National Park doing fire/fuel surveys. There is a good chance this will include flying over Kakadu in a helicopter to be dropped off.

For safety reasons, I'm required to have a person come with me on these trips. Although I may have already found some volunteers, it's a pretty long period, and I'm worried the people I know won't be able to take that large an amount of time off work. My university is happy to pay all related costs (flights, food, accommodation etc.), although I imagine they'd baulk at overseas flights - still if a footbagger could make their way to Australia, we could fly you there from wherever you land. There's also the possibility of doing some paid work before the walks at my experiment site (spreading out hay, so we can burn shit down :twisted: ).

Anyway if anybody were considering doing some travelling around that time, and wants to see some incredibly parts of Australia that are highly inaccessible to tourists, for free, you should message/email/facebook/reply to this topic me. You'll have to be quick though, because everything will be finalised by the end of April. (The budget, and overview already are, we're just working on the details, such as who my volunteer will be).

Edit; This was posted by Jeremy O'Wheel (Lilo is my girlfriend, and she didn't log out grrr).

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 09 Feb 2012 15:58

Oops, that was me (see edit!!). Message me, not Lilo :P