Opinions on Lance Armstrong

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
FlexThis
Post Master General

Opinions on Lance Armstrong

Post by FlexThis » 16 Jan 2013 13:29

Imagine riding your bike for days upon days to win a race that you know you cheated to win. And then to repeat this action over and over again for years to secure and hold your spot at the top...

Opinions on the subject?
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Opinions on Lance Armstrong

Post by C-Fan » 17 Jan 2013 07:38

If it were a simple matter of him cheating, getting caught, and then apologizing, I'd be disappointed but not angry. What really gets me though, is that for years after he was caught, he not only denied cheating, he acted like a victim of a witchhunt. Look at commercials like this that he made with Nike:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxnqHvEbGnc[/youtube]

The tone there is hard to miss. It's a strong "how dare you accuse me of cheating!" I haven't seen his Oprah interview, but I'm assuming he's going to apologize for cheating. For me, that's not enough. I want him to apologize for his faux indignation over the last couple years, when he was caught cheating but still tried to deny it.

This article sums it up pretty well:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2013 ... ndignation

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 18 Jan 2013 13:25

he sucks, lol. still my favorite cyclist cause they are all liars and cheaters, and he did good things with
his fame and money, even if it was all based on a lie!
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 19 Jan 2013 09:56

I don't know for sure but my guess is all the top teams did blood doping and performance enhancing drugs. If this is the case (which I don't know for certain) then I don't really see it as cheating. He took performance enhancing substances to compete against others who took performance enhancing substances. As long as all the top people were doing it I don't see it as cheating. If only his team took the stuff (which seems unlikely) then yeah it sucks but as Brian said at least he still did some good things with it.
Dustin Rhodes

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 19 Jan 2013 10:26

I agree with Ken in that I'm more aggravated at his persistent denial going so far as to mock those who were suspicious of his accomplishments without performance-enhancing substances.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike, busting my ass for 6 hours a day."

What an arrogant prick.
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 20 Jan 2013 21:08

I'm mainly apathetic, but I also appreciate how vindicated people like David Walsh and Christophe Bassons must feel. That's pretty much the only stuff I've read about the scandal - the stories of the whistleblowers and how Armstrong fucked them over at the time.

I think Dustin, you should read some of those stories. For starters it demonstrates that not everybody were taking drugs, and also that Armstrong is a massive fuckhead who tried to ruin the lives of the people who had the integrity to speak out about the problem. It's one thing to cheat when everybody else is, and another to sue people for millions when you know that they're telling the truth and you're lying.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 21 Jan 2013 02:28