Halloween

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
slapdash21
Futureless

Halloween

Post by slapdash21 » 30 Oct 2004 07:37

so what is everybody dressing up as for halloween...assuming you are dressing up at all. i didnt really want to, but its expected of me, so i just dyed my hair jet black, and im gonna wear my pimp hat (see avatar) and these crazy fire-proof pants. just random.
and hey, halloween is a good time to practice up on your social engineering...gettin free candy...
so yeah...any cool ideas for halloween?
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 30 Oct 2004 07:43

Halloween isnt really celebrated in Japan, but on Friday I did a lesson on it in my high school. In Japanese high schools, students all wear uniforms. So on Friday I borrowed a student uniform, and dressed up in student uniform for my classes. All my kids did a double take when I entered class to teach. :lol:

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 30 Oct 2004 07:43

I think these are good ideas: an Oompa Loompa, Wheres Waldo, Hamburgler, Luigi.
Johnny Suderman

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 30 Oct 2004 07:51

If anybody comes tricking or treating around my place and I open the door I will strangle them to death with an Australian flag!! You know my views on nationalism but I'm prepared to be a nationalist when it comes to the americanisation of Australian Culture.

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 30 Oct 2004 08:09

It's funny how Halloween established itself here in germany over the
past 5-6 years. Immense. I think it's all a big marketing trick to
get people to buy more useless season-related products..

I'm gonna dress up as death.

:twisted:

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 30 Oct 2004 08:36

yeah, holidays are all wicked commercialized. especially Christmas...in the season of giving (AKA buying a lot of stuff from large-chain stores). there is a reason they start doing christmas themed ads in late october...buy stuff early, buy stuff often.

i think the oompa-loompa idea rocks. this one guy i know completely wrapped himself in duct tape from head to toe...
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 30 Oct 2004 09:10

I'm dressing up like a chick from the 50's with a pink poodle skirt, saddle shoes, and pigtails.

This is slightly off subject, so I apologize for that:
ebo wrote:It's funny how Halloween established itself here in germany over thepast 5-6 years. Immense. I think it's all a big marketing trick to get people to buy more useless season-related products. :twisted:
If you think Halloween is bad for being too commercial, look up "Sweetest Day" online. They celebrate it in some parts of the Midwest, USA. The Simpsons made a reference to it with their episode with 'Love Day."

Here's the history of the holiday, kind of interesting:
http://www.theromantic.com/sweetestday.htm
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 30 Oct 2004 10:00

my costume is complete;y useless unless my friend jason is standing next to me. we are going as the night at the roxbury guys. i have a flashy blue suit, a black t-shirt, gold chain, and a huge cell phone from 92. it's gonna be awesome!
A.G.

Whatsfootbag?
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Whatsfootbag? » 30 Oct 2004 10:10

some friends of mine have organized Uhaul-o-ween...they rented a 26ft Uhaul and are decorating the back with strobe lights fog machines music all this shit..we are gonna drive around some neighborhoods and kinda trick or treat in that,then park it somewhere and party

AIvanyo
BSOS Beast

Post by AIvanyo » 30 Oct 2004 10:17

I don't really have a costume, I just have a few masks im gunna wear for trick or treating. I'm thinking about starting around 5-6 and stopping around 10.
Andrew Ivanyo

Representing The Ministry of Silly Walks

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 30 Oct 2004 10:30

im dressing up as an alcoholic and getting smashed at my staff party :D FREE DRAFT BEER!
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 30 Oct 2004 10:57

I dressed as myself today at school, but I dressed as more myself then usual, so I was like dustin squared... I had on my pijama pants, my awsome bowling shirt, and my suspenders... I looked so darn cool and everyone had to ask me what I was.
Dustin Rhodes

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 30 Oct 2004 11:32

Trick or Treating without effort into your costume is lame. If you're not willing to put some work or creativity into your costume, why should I give you any candy for it?

It's like the high school kids that put on a plaid shirt and say, "I'm a lumberjack."

Uh huh.

Or just wearing a mask. That's silly too.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 30 Oct 2004 12:40

Im going to be a pimp with the related blinged-out accessories (huge ring, super-huge necklace pendant, and fake-ass watch)

My girlfriend has the female-equivalent version of my costume.

Its overdone, I know, but its still fun.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 30 Oct 2004 13:53

i agree with kevin. when i'm giving out candy i give it out based on how kick ass you costume is. people with bitchen costumes get mad candy. people with crap costumes get like a sucker. and those kids that showed up last wear with no costumes got a had full of corn flakes. i bet it was fun picking that out their bags.
A.G.

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 30 Oct 2004 15:39

Senor Grommet wrote:Im going to be a pimp with the related blinged-out accessories (huge ring, super-huge necklace pendant, and fake-ass watch)

My girlfriend has the female-equivalent version of my costume.
The idea of Jeremy and Amelia pimped out entertains me to no end.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 30 Oct 2004 18:48

i wanted to line my drive way with bales of straw and corn stalks in a zig zag, so kids had to follow the path and couldn't see my steps, and sit by the steps with my buddy dressed as scarecrows sitting on either side of the bucket of candy and playing dead. then take turns scaring the kids, as they would assume it was the old trick where one of the two is a dummy and one is a person. :P catch um either way.
Adam Czarnata
-Parkin cars on footbags since '04

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 30 Oct 2004 19:24

I wanted to be Raver Jesus for halloween, Glowstick Halo and all...but unfortunately schoolwork took priority.

Soooooo I was forced to create my own last minute costume:

I am Boron! All it took was 10 balloons and some tape. :P
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Whatsfootbag?
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Whatsfootbag? » 30 Oct 2004 19:27

me and my friend ben did taht scarecrow thingy but like we fully dressed up then stuffed our costumes with straw and stuff and sat there all calm and shit wihta sign in the candy bowl"we are out of town,please only take 1 piece please" and kids that took handfuls we'd jump at and chase down,but we let em keep the candy :wink:

lightningbolt
Nothing Vulgar

Post by lightningbolt » 30 Oct 2004 20:12

I gonna dress up as a stoner surfer! It's going to domaint!
I think I going to take over Canada. You should help.
Get Firefox!