MMORPG?

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
Fu Xi
Hybrid

MMORPG?

Post by Fu Xi » 28 Dec 2004 05:12

watch y'all playing these days for online rpgs if any? i just quit ragnarok (again) and im looking to pick up World of Warcraft.

i thought about quitting them all together for the sake of school work, but i wouldnt know what to do with my time :roll: hehe addict!

EDIT: Grammar
Last edited by Fu Xi on 28 Dec 2004 08:14, edited 2 times in total.
Rob Johnson
Rob Fuller + Brian Johnson = Rob "Hybrid" Johnson

Its a long story, but they aren't my parents

LameR
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by LameR » 28 Dec 2004 05:38

Meh, I don't like paying monthly so I'll stick to Unreal Tournament 2004 and Warcraft 3.
-connor campbell
prosers-pros of the posers-
I like my sugar with coffee and cream.

Fu Xi
Hybrid

Post by Fu Xi » 28 Dec 2004 07:25

yes UT is great for a quick fix, and im sorry to say i could never be half decent at rts games online
Rob Johnson

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 28 Dec 2004 07:28

Hey Rob! I just got WoW for christmas, and i know a bunch of other people who have it. It is an AWESOME game and i recommend it to you. If you get it, make an Alliance guy on the realm Terenas. Seath plays too, but he is on a different realm, called Burning blood or something and im gonna make a person on that. Burning blood is horde. So get it you dirty bastard!!! :lol:

(just kidding of course, but get it.)
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Fu Xi
Hybrid

Post by Fu Xi » 28 Dec 2004 07:48

hmm, is that server pvp? and is there a lot of down time in parties if there are no healers? ffxi i sat there for 2 hours waiting for a white mage to log on. if i do get it im not sure when :roll: im a little hesitant if i will like it after being discusted with final fantasy

i did like ragnarok because of its simplicity >.>

EDIT: Grammar
Rob Johnson

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 28 Dec 2004 08:16

You defintely can learn first aid no matter what, and heal yourself, but you actually dont even need to heal, you regain hitpoints pretty quickly. Like 20 seconds and you are back up to full health.

It is very simple, yet complex at the same time. There are many many many MANY MANY MANY different skills you can learn, depending on your class and race, and you can pick 2 professions along with fishing, first aid, and something else. I am a Night Elf Hunter with skinning and leatherworking. I can make my own leather armor off of the animals and beasts i kill. And im also lvl 10 hunter so i can tame beasts and they follow me and kill things.

Get it rob. And yes burning blood is pvp. There are many pvp realms, and many non pvp realms.
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Slippur
BSOS Beast

Post by Slippur » 28 Dec 2004 09:21

I play EQ2, I played the WoW open beta. WoW is really cartoony and not as complex as EQ2, I think there are 6 races and 8ish classes? EQ2 has about 16 races, with 4 starting classes, and you choose a subclass at both 10 and 20, making hundreds of different combinations you can choose. *ends post somewhat prematurely*
Andy Chumbley

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 28 Dec 2004 10:12

The number of races / class combinations is a superficial complexity, and has little to do with the depht of the game. Chess has 6 different pieces. Go has one. You'd have a hard time arguing that EQ2 (or practically any game) has a complexity close to either Chess or Go.

Edit: For what it's worth, I played EQ (1) into the mid 50s, but I've since lost interest in / sworn off the genre. I've played one sitting of WoW (about 6 hours) at a friends house. It's a lot of fun, and definately a step above EQ. Given the people that are working with Blizzard on WoW (Tigole ect) it'd definately be my pick were I to decide to start playing the genre again.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

Fu Xi
Hybrid

Post by Fu Xi » 28 Dec 2004 10:39

alright, so i'm pretty sure ill be gettin WoW sometime.

how's the lag on the server you are going to be playin the majority of you time on, Henry? and also which class do you suggest for me to party with you and such? i know its preferance but which would be compatible with ur class; or is that even a factor in this game?
Rob Johnson

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 28 Dec 2004 12:29

Umm it doesnt really matter, and the servers are amazing. I never ever lag, and i have the worst cable. I am night elf, so that is alliance. You should be human, gnome, night elf, or dwarf. Either be a warrior, mage, warlock, or shaman. Its a really great game, and email me once you get it.

thinglet at gmail dot com

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 28 Dec 2004 13:24

I was playing Everquest 2 for a 7 day trial.

ho. lee. Shit! I lost easly an hour a day to that game. It's amazing! It's also a lot of fun.

about 40-50 for the game, and 21 a month for EQ1 and 2 and some other game. You can go to best buy or some such store and pick up a 90 day card for about $45 bucks. That's about $15 a month. A lot of different options.

I don't want to go further into it... It'll go on too long.
John D

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 28 Dec 2004 14:45

Damn I lost a footbagger to the "henry server" :evil:

it's burning blade that I play on, it's a pvp server with NO LAG, hehe well some but what server doesnt?

I'm a orc warrior, blacksmith, miner, and I have the three other freebie skills, cooking, first aid, and fishing.

Fuck complexity, this game is FUN!!! soooo much content and presented in an easy to digest format that makes the game rediculously fun with minimal frustration.

Um ok, so to win you two over to my kickass pvp server (Burning BLADE) I'll just mention my kickass horde guild :D we're up to 60 players now, lots of 30+ players, and we kick lots of alliance ass. I have......six of my friends play on that server as does my bro, we're all in the same guild and playing a game with a bunch of people you know in real life makes it ten trillion times better so Henry ditch your other character and start a new horde guy, and Rob, dont listen to Henry, he's getting a new character on my server so you do the same :P:P:P:P:P:P
I'll hook you guys up real well, I can fully suit yall in mail armor, set you up with some weapons, sharpening stones, elixers, potions you name it, Burning Blade is the place to be to pvp, play with me, you'll see, it's better. I'll even offer free ass whoopings if anyone wants to duel :D :P
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 28 Dec 2004 15:01

I was very, very addicted to StarCraft for a long time. I would only play Use Map Setting games, and really only played a World War II modification.

It got really fucking intense with all the strategies and stuff, and is the most complex UMS game to come out of any Blizzard game.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 28 Dec 2004 16:19

Seath you win. I will make a tauren warrior on burning blade later tonight after shred. After i hit Jesse's challenges to me i will play WoW

My name will be Carnauba, i found it on the ingredients list of a box of nerds, and thats the name of my lvl 11 hunter.

Fu Xi
Hybrid

Post by Fu Xi » 28 Dec 2004 16:44

Hah ok, ill go to burning blade. i went to the mall today and only had time to look in best buy but they didnt have it. next time i go (hopefully late this week or next ill go again and find it) <3 online rpgs!

tauren druid looks interesting? (?=hinting i want ur opinion on that choice) :roll:
Rob Johnson

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 28 Dec 2004 16:49

druids definitely rock. THey turn into powerful animals. Do whatever man, any combiniation ROCKS!

Fu Xi
Hybrid

Post by Fu Xi » 28 Dec 2004 17:03

Druid it is ^_^

Dan, i was into starcraft too until i got a comp that could run warcraft so i just played that >.> which leads me to be interested in WoW
Rob Johnson

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 28 Dec 2004 21:21

Druid is an awesome choice :D :D at high levels they are pretty strong, especially in wolf form, fuckin eh!
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 29 Dec 2004 00:10

I have a human warlock and a night elf priest (paying more attention to him right now) on Silver Hand. :) This game has stolen my soul, but the initial shock is wearing off, so I can resume other things now. The only thing I don't like about the game is how linear the class development is. I like games with custom classes more. I wouldn't recommend anyone get this game, though, solely because I think real life can be more interesting. ;)

Post by ville » 29 Dec 2004 07:56

I played in the us open beta and have now been waiting "patiently" for the european final beta and release. Wish I could play on american servers when it's released, but alas blizzard has separated us and eu. It should be released sometime next month here, but could be delayed :( If only those french and german players would learn english so the wouldn't need to be translated :/