Footbag player can you juggle??

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!

What level of 3 ball juggler are you??

Poll ended at 16 Dec 2002 11:59

Begginer (cascade, reverse)
56%
Intermediate (collums, mills mess)
44%

Total votes: 27

ToeGuiltless
Fearless

Post by ToeGuiltless » 15 Dec 2002 16:00

Dr. Ridiculous became a college student, and doesn't seem to play anymore. :(

Wicked, I've been juggling ever since I got injured a month ago. Now that I'm not injured anymore, I still juggle, because its fun.

Noah Jay-Bonn
Multidex Master

Post by Noah Jay-Bonn » 15 Dec 2002 18:22

PSSST.

I'll be in Portland starting this coming wednesday until January 11th. Maybe we can work something out to kick with you washington players. In portland it is normally myself, my sister, Andrew McCargar and Eric .... I forget his last name. But we should try to work out a day to get our crews together and kick! :D

Noah

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 15 Dec 2002 20:38

andrew mccarger is sick!!

Zerbalicious
Multidex Master

Post by Zerbalicious » 16 Dec 2002 08:58

Hey Noah, sounds good, I'm in Olympia now so it's only two hours away instead of three. Your sister should have my info and if not, it's on footbag.org

Juana
BSOS Beast

Post by Juana » 16 Dec 2002 10:23

Noah, Sounds good to me. Maybe Alex, Matt and I can carpool. Do you guys have a good space (i.e. wood floors) for kicking in P-town? We usually kick at Evergreeen campus in Olympia, but we might be closed out of our space during the students' Winter Break. We always have space in Seattle though. -Jane

madshred2003
Fearless

Post by madshred2003 » 18 Dec 2002 19:48

can anyone bounce juggle? it's really tough. and it messes up your clubs if you don't do it right :x
i scream you scream we all scream for... footbag?

-Charles Ford. holdin it down in the ATX

madshred2003
Fearless

Post by madshred2003 » 18 Dec 2002 20:06

oh yeah, a friend of mine flashed 8 balls the other day. it was stunning. he's getting very good. he and i are goin on the road! we've got this cool thing we do where he's wearing a jacket, juggling and he does a boston mess (i think i don't really know the name. he throws them all into the air) and i rip the jacket off him and put it on. then i do a total steal and the cycle continues :D

dizzy
Multidex Master

Post by dizzy » 20 Dec 2002 02:24

I agree with Juana. Get this juggling shite out of here ;)

This Forum is for GENERAL *FOOTBAG* posts. You wanna talk Juggling? Check out "The Kicking Circle" Forum at the bottom of the Forum Index page. Where's the damn moderator around here??

:evil:

PS - Yes, I'm completely joking, this is the coolest thread on this board right now. Matt - SLOSH THIS!! :-D

bake
Shredaholic

Post by bake » 20 Dec 2002 12:06

Dizzy or wizzy whatever you call it,
I think the next juggling trick I name is going to be sloshy in tribute to you.

I love juggling! It is fun but so different than footbag. With footbag you can hit a trick once and not ever hit it again. With juggling if you hit a trick it is almost like you have it dialed in. Footbag is great and I am going to make a video integrating both of these two fuckin awsome things.

Bounce juggling is cool I just can't stand how all the balls always fly away from you. I can bounce 5 or atleast I use to be able to.
Matt Baker

(Formerly) Brothers from Different Mothers
Performers Posse
http://www.comedystuntshow.com
http://www.digitface.com

bake
Shredaholic

Post by bake » 22 Dec 2002 12:38

Does anyone even come to the "Kicking Circle"????
Matt Baker

Performers Posse

madshred2003
Fearless

Post by madshred2003 » 22 Dec 2002 12:43

wow bake, you're a man of many talents indeed. i'm very impressed. my friend and i are trying to get something together similar to your show that you do for juggling. any tips?

madshred2003
Fearless

Post by madshred2003 » 22 Dec 2002 12:52

wow! i just saw your like, movie thing. very awesome. it's great when jugglers have such a wide range of tallent. like the Flaming Idiots. man those guys put on a great show.

bake
Shredaholic

Post by bake » 22 Dec 2002 13:00

My best advice for you is to get a act. Whatever it is get some sort of a thing that a audience likes to see and put together some jokes and witty patter. Then find a place you can do it the street is a great place to start. Just go out there and perform the act! You will learn so much by going out there and just doing it. You will find out what works and what doesen't. With jokes we started out using stock jokes but have really put a lot of emphasis on writing our own material. Our whole act is a giant evolution of what we first did on the street. We realized what people liked and what they dident't like. There is so much to know about being successful in the entertainment industry. I am still learning a lot. But there are formula's and philosophy's to making your act work. I could write for hours but won't. Let me know if you want to know more. Good luck!
Matt Baker

Performers Posse

madshred2003
Fearless

Post by madshred2003 » 22 Dec 2002 14:20

so it's like, ok to just show up somewhere and do an act? like at the universuty campus? that would probably the best spot...

bake
Shredaholic

Post by bake » 22 Dec 2002 23:32

Sorry about that! Just get a act and take it somewhere people will watch. Idealy where tourists are because you want to get money for what you are doing. Have something you can perform though. A little juggling routine or something. The hardest thing though is to get people to watch you! YOu have to litterally convince people to watch you sometimes. More clear I hope!
Matt Baker

Performers Posse

Gabe
Multidex Master

Post by Gabe » 23 Dec 2002 01:22

I just got mills mess! I find myself swaying side to side automatically when i do it. It just feels right that way.

bake
Shredaholic

Post by bake » 23 Dec 2002 09:37

SWEET! Try Boston's Mess. It is Mills Mess but the balls all stay in the same place like a right middle left but your arms cross the same as Mills.
Matt Baker

Performers Posse

madshred2003
Fearless

Post by madshred2003 » 23 Dec 2002 09:49

boston mess is awesome. it looks so cool :D

but yeah, my friend and i are in the process of piecing together a show. it's really tough :(

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 03 Jan 2003 15:10

Oh, so thats what you call it!! I can do Bostons mess but my rhythm isn't right for Mills yet. I can do a basic and reverse cascade as well as a bunch of dex type of tricks I've come up with.

While I don't consider juggling a passion, I am being thrown into it from all angles. The first time I came to my footbag club meeting, Mike Taber was juggling half the time and he wants to develope a street act merging a little footbag and juggling to make some cash for the club. On the other end of the spectrum, I'm an actor (any of you who have seen Pay It Forward, I was the one who killed Haley Joel Osmont at the end) and I go to a performing arts school and have a Clown class, where I've learned to finally do three clubs, rolr bola, and am a master at ball walking, which I do consider a passion and its a form of juggling performance, and I can juggle while on it. We did a show and will be doing more for the class and all I will need to do is learn how to mix in some footbag and the club will be able to do a show. My mom even wants to give my name around to talent agents for variety as well as acting now. But the goal in the long term will to be to put together a interesting juggling show with a lot of footbag to attract new players, which is what you and Zerbe should be doing all the time Matt.

Also to mention, I believe footbag has the potential to grow as big as Juggling, just in a different direction. In about 6 years, we will have milked the adds system, which is the entire reason the range of tricks has gotten as big as it is, for all its worth, and when people start feeling that all the anti symposium pixie sets in routines and the swirling ducking isn't good enough, some new kind of hand or THE dex will come about to change the sport again. It will just be a series of milestones to take the sport there, because at this point, no, footbag has nowhere near the possibility of juggling.

Loren D. Baum
Las Vegas Zombies Footbag Club
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 23 Apr 2009 12:46

BUMP!!! :D

An amazing thread with depth and insight into where footbag stands as a sport/art.
Performance, media and exposure are also touched upon.
A great read from start to finish.

JM
Jorden Moir