If you find a wallet/purse???

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 07 Apr 2005 19:41

I'm generally the type of guy who'd keep it. I don't really care about the cash or cards but I've had the same wallet I stole from some guy I went to school with for so long. So, the wallet is the prize for me. It's a constant reminder of how sneaky I can be!

I'm really trying to be nicer and less of a snakey prick but I just love hearing that venom sting!
this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 08 Apr 2005 02:40

What if the money belonged to a drug dealer? or some such similar party who doesn't deserve it maybe.

~T

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 08 Apr 2005 13:18

If assuming that makes you feel better about stealing someone's money, go for it.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 08 Apr 2005 15:08

If I knew it for a fact, I would go for it.
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 08 Apr 2005 15:45

I dropped my wallet today in a parking lot!!! Some man (actually I know him, but I don't think he recognized me) yelled from his car, "Hey you dropped something!" So I turned around and I was, like, "GEE!". Like -- what would I have done if he hadn't said anything!!! I just bought a new keyboard because mine stopped working last night (I had a conversation with Andrew on MSN and he had to decode all of my words!) they gave me this tiny little bag that did nothing, seeing as it was half the size of the box, and I decided to put my wallet in with it. It was SUPER windy out today.

I would return the wallet and probably not take anything, although if I REALLY needed money and there was some right there I might take it. Probably not, but I might.

My friend and I found a wallet on the ground once. We brought it back to her house and I drew a picture, which we slipped inside (entitled, "For Wallet Boy"!) and I think we wrote a note, or story, aboutsafe sex, because he had that impressed condom ring, like he always has one in there or the one had been there for a long time. We didn't take anything -- WE GAVE HIM STUFF!!!! Her mom returned the wallet a few days later. I think we were going to give him a treasure hunt and stash it somewhere, but her mom said that would be mean.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 08 Apr 2005 17:18

Erik Chan wrote:I would return the wallet and probably not take anything, although if I REALLY needed money and there was some right there I might take it. Probably not, but I might.
Word. I like that.

~T

ted
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ted » 09 Apr 2005 12:26

I found an empty wallet (no cash/cards but still had her ID, SS card, etc.) so I called the woman and told her I found it. She asked if there was money in it and I said no. She started berating me for stealing her money so I hung up and threw it all away.
Kiser_Tobias wrote:Karma, dude. Karma.
Theodore Anderson

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 09 Apr 2005 13:49

I would return it as found, I value making someone happy more than making a few easy bucks.

Even if it was a very large amount of money, you gotta do what's right and return it, otherwise you're wrong!
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

delakong
BSOS Beast

Post by delakong » 15 Apr 2005 09:39

This one is to warm the heart of all you fellas that said you'd return everything. I would kept a couple bucks to pay for the shirt. :roll:

Man Returns $2,000 Found in Shirt Pocket

Thu Apr 14, 7:48 AM ET Strange News - AP

WEST BEND, Wis. - Larry Hoffman brought home a bargain shirt from the Goodwill store — only to find $2,000 in cash stuffed in a pocket.

The 69-year-old retiree returned to the store the same day to report the money.

"The money certainly wasn't mine. It belonged to somebody else, obviously," Hoffman said of his April 1 find. "That person was certainly on my mind more than me."

Store manager Rebecca Johnson said customers have returned small amounts of money found in clothing, "but nothing on this scale" in the six years she's been in charge.

"If there's a one-tenth of 1 percent chance that somebody's going to claim it, they should have that opportunity," Hoffman said Wednesday.

Goodwill has no way to trace the source of the shirt, so Johnson called West Bend police. The rightful owner has 90 days to claim the money. After that, Hoffman can claim it or else it goes in the city treasury.

Police won't disclose any details about the shirt or the denominations of the bills that were found. That information has to come from anyone seeking to claim the money.

"When we were kids, it was always 'finders keepers, losers weepers,'" Hoffman said. "But that's not really the case. You've got to keep the losers from weeping too much."
Joshua Annis

"Don't Panic..."
"I woke wanting nothing more than a box of Gushers....
DENIED
I shake my first at the sky."-Matt Cross
"Yeah, seriously! When I got back into my cubicle Jazz started throwing dimes at me. What an asshole."-David Wilder

xndru
Multidex Master

Post by xndru » 15 Apr 2005 15:22

jacked
Andrew Weglarz

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 16 Apr 2005 08:29

How virtous.

Aristotle logically categorized us in 4 different types of character -
the virtous, the continent, the incontinent and the vicious.

The virtous person would not only give the wallet back, but he would
also feel that he has done the right thing.

The continent person would return the wallet as well, but in his mind
he'd struggle with himself whether to keep the wallet or not.

The incontinent person would not return the wallet, but would feel bad
about not returning it.

The vicious person would not only keep he wallet, but would also feel
good about it and would've never considered giving it back.

What type are you? :wink:

delakong
BSOS Beast

Post by delakong » 16 Apr 2005 11:03

Continent....shouldn't this word be content?

Either way, that's the one I am.
Joshua Annis

"Don't Panic..."
"I woke wanting nothing more than a box of Gushers....
DENIED
I shake my first at the sky."-Matt Cross
"Yeah, seriously! When I got back into my cubicle Jazz started throwing dimes at me. What an asshole."-David Wilder

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 16 Apr 2005 11:28

when it comes the that $2000 dollars, there is NO WAY that is going back to the rightful owner, and if the owner really cared, wouldn't they have noticed like, wow, I'm missing $2000?!? They would/should have retraced their steps. That man should have just taken it, as it cause alot more trouble trying to give a back
James Randall

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 16 Apr 2005 12:10

2000 in a shirt pocket from goodwill.

I would Keep it.

I found 400 in an atm.

kept it. Put down the reefer, whoever took out cash and couldn't focus long enough to take it from the drawer, but remembered the card and reciept. I waited like 20 minutes before I decided to use the ATM, and then halfway through the transaction, I realised it was stupid and just took the cash in the drawer.