Video editing competition! - Due Janurary 20th!

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Video editing competition! - Due Janurary 20th!

Post by BalinorNZ » 20 Dec 2005 18:52

Ok partially because there are no December comps, i've decided to host a video editing competition for all those interested.

The low down:
I need an intro video for the Novice Competitions video (see an example of Novice competitions HERE.).
Instead of whipping something up like I did for the open competitions, i've decided to leave this one up to you guys.

Rules:
:arrow: Intro must be between 20-30 seconds long.
:arrow: Intro must have a theme relating to 'Novice', 'Sick One' and 'Sick Three' footbag events (ie it has to have novices in it doing sick ones and threes).
:arrow: The players in your intro video must be Novices.
:arrow: Try to use good quality clips in your intro, blurry low quality footage will really let it down.
:arrow: Your intro video should have the titles "Modified.ca Presents" and "Janurary 2005" and "Novice Competitions" in that order during the intro.

The main goal is to make the intro look cool. This is easy when you can put Vasek in it, but since you are making a Novice intro, it could be a challenge, try to use cool camera angles, effective zoom, and most importantly good editing techniques to make your intro a success!

How to enter:
:arrow: Make your intro video and export it in an apropriate format to send to me over gmail (BalinorNZ@gmail.com) or msn (lord_balinorNZ@hotmail.com). (Must be below 10mb to send over gmail).
:arrow: I will cut together everybodies intros and release for everyone to see and compare.
:arrow: The best one will be picked as the official Novice Competition Intro for the January Novice Competitions!!
:arrow: The author of the intro used for the January competition will be fully credited for his or her contribution.

Post here if your in to win!

[edit] Handy hint: If you can't find any good novice footage, use some of the entrys from the November novice competition, and some of the entries from the previous competitions that were made by Novices.
Last edited by BalinorNZ on 09 Feb 2006 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Bander87 » 10 Jan 2006 21:02

Is a 34 second video fine? :D

EDIT: My video is bomb 8O :D

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 10 Jan 2006 23:26

Now that my computer is in healthy editing order again, I realize now that I have no novices in the area to film anyway. :(

BEN WHERE ARE YOU :D
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 11 Jan 2006 07:08

Bander87 wrote:Is a 34 second video fine? :D

EDIT: My video is bomb 8O :D
Yes it certainly is :) I look forward to seeing it!

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Re: Video editing competition! - Due Janurary 20th!

Post by Bander87 » 11 Jan 2006 16:33

BalinorNZ wrote:Your intro video should have the titles "Modified.ca Presents" and "Janurary 2005" and "Novice Competitions" in that order during the intro.
Dangit! Thanks Nic, its supposed to be 2006, not 2005! Now I have to redo my video :o :x :D

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 09 Feb 2006 20:38

Congrats to Ben Adler for winning this competitoin :) He made a flippin awesome intro!

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Bander87 » 09 Feb 2006 20:57

Hahah, I totally killed the competition!

Thanks Nic, I enjoyed making it.

:D

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 13 Feb 2006 09:56

holy crap that sucks! if i would have known that this was going on i would have entered me, my bro, and kyle hewitt

and we would go Novice....to the EXTREME!