2006 May Online Competitions - Official release.

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 27 Jun 2006 20:04

and don't forget your flipside hand catch!

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 27 Jun 2006 23:34

Senor Grommet wrote:skool your hand catches guys!
No hands, it's footbag ;)

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 28 Jun 2006 00:46

1. Matt Kemmer - Knee set Torque
Ahhh dude, beautiful. This is what sick1 is about. Hard move! And executed fairly well. The osis was OK but the dex was tight :) Big props

2. Josh Munstermann - Blurry Reverse Whirl
Damn that's a cool name :o Add a difficult move executed very well and you're just too cool! Props dude.

3. Louis Rinowski - Blurry Pickup
First of all, props for not giving in to temptation and hitting blur :P And second: props on the move. Very confident and well executed. Only thing I would mention is the posture, although it isn't terrible you're crouching over the bag. (I used to be terrible :( ) It's much better form and will help you in the long run to straighten up.

4. Chris Miller - Barfly
Nice! Difficult move. Dexes a little thin, but there.

5. Logan Rudemiller - Diving Osis
Props man :) Looks like a really clean dive, and very casual. Osis was a little awkward but you still set out of it fine. Good job.

6. Julien Romiti - Torque
Not bad difficulty. Dex was good, osis needed cleaning up but a good effort. Props.

7. Casey Mead - Ducking Legover
Argh! That image is rather distorted 8O But Nicely done :) the distortion destroyed my depth perception but judging by your body movements etc it looks like a very clean duck and a confident legover. Well executed, good job.

8. Matt McFarland - Dimwalk
Props, this was great. Very well executed.

9. Aleksei Zikin - Toe set Diving Osis
Nice! Osis looked good. Duck was a little too forward, closer to your neck would be better but it was definately there.

10. Benjamin Benulis - Symposium Mirage
Good execution! Delay a little scooped, but only a little. Nice job.

11. Ilan Christel - DaDa Curve
Good seal. If you set this lower it will be much easier for you. That with a more pronounced hop (larger butterfly dex) will clean it up.

12. Andrew Herkert - Pdx Mirage
Nice and controlled, try not to set the bag forward and the dex will be deeper and cleaner.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 28 Jun 2006 07:39

No hands, this is footbag

EDIT:

ah. I posted after looking atjeremys post on page 2. die nic.
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 28 Jun 2006 08:14

You dropping scums.

Ok, seal with a BOP then. Or with Nemesis.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 28 Jun 2006 18:24

BalinorNZ wrote:[
The differance is that stepping knee bump torque has a contact in the middle of it making it 2 moves. Pendulous spinning blind pincher has no contact apart from during the pendulum set and the pincher catch === 1 move.
As for unsealed tricks not being counted... in my opinion (probably noboday else agrees) a trick should be judged on the set out of the move and NOT the seal.
Holy smokes I agree with nic?!?!?!!! and twice in the same post... the moon must be in alignment with Saturn or some BS. :D

If someone submitted osis>mobius as a sick 1 I would call it zooming mobius. Same with pendulum.
I don't know why I don't care about hand seals... but I don't.

EDIT: I'm starting to see where cod is coming from now however... sorry to those who think this should be a different topic, but I'd rather talk about this stuff than how sloppy anyones tricks are.
So fog>fairy dd is harder than fairy dd... so should people start begining their sick ones with hard tricks??? where do we draw the line?
My opinion is that if someone hits mobius>mobius it should be judged THE SAME as osis set mobius.. similarly barraging pendulum>scorpions tail should be the same as pendulum set scorpions tail...
Nice entries everyone!

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 28 Jun 2006 22:43

I agree that Phil's move is 1 move - the important thing to realise is that it's impossible to hit Phil's move without the pendulum at the start. Toe set spinning and pendulum set spinning are significantly different sets.

Regarding sealing moves - I really think that the seal shouldn't be taken into account at all. Sick 1 should be judged from the moment the bag leaves the setting foot (or before if it's a slurry set or something I guess) to the next moment it leaves the setting foot (having finished the move) or if the player pauses on the delay - that's the finish of the trick. Obviously it's pretty hard to tell if a player has control of the bag or not if you stop watching as soon as the bag leaves his foot so because of the fact that we can't tell - it is important to take into account the set out - to make sure the player is in control of the set. However hitting an osis or a hand catch or whatever out of the move that is being judged does not really show any better control than just letting the bag drop to the ground (or editing out the seal). Obviously if the player is off balance or the bag doesn't go straight up to a playable height then this is something to penalise but I think it's important to think about what the event is about - in this case it's a test of who can hit the hardest move and by the IFPA definitions and for that matter by logical definitions - you've still hit a move just as well if you decide to hand catch the bag, hit a nemesis after the move or let it drop to the ground. If a player hits a move perfectly it doesn't matter what they do after hitting the move. Obviously it's in the best interests of a player to hit a move or hand catch after their move to most adequetly demonstrate their control of the bag out of their sick 1 but not doing so does not mean they didn't hit the trick as well as they could of - it just makes it harder to work out how well they hit it.

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 29 Jun 2006 00:36

Jeremy has a point there.

BUT it doesn't change the fact that this competition is supposed to look professional, like our organizator Nic Bathgate says. And dropping isn't professional.

AND there are some entries this month that have no chance of sealing the bag. Like Jeremy said, you should at least be able to seal.

Phils sick1 is just one move.
Just because if Nate agrees with Nic, it's gotta be right. :lol:

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 29 Jun 2006 18:58

Lee Van Sickle - Put a little hair around it!
Josh Gayhart ... keeping footbag tuff since 2002.

RawSko
Green Footbag Ninja

Post by RawSko » 30 Jun 2006 08:06

How about some feedback for the editing on the Novice sick1!!!!

eh? eh? did you like it? eh??
Ben Roscoe

logan
Shredalicious

Post by logan » 30 Jun 2006 08:54

I thought it was fancy ben. good work
logan rudemiller

Lee
Shredaholic

Post by Lee » 01 Jul 2006 09:16

Thanks. This is my first ever entering in a competition. I know I can hit the move, this is just the only one I've caught on tape.
And who's Ricki? (Am I stupid for asking that?)

Tripp wrote:Lee Van Sickle - Put a little hair around it!
What?!

bluntobj3ct
BSOS Beast

Post by bluntobj3ct » 05 Jul 2006 19:44

not only was my blurriest lost in transfer but then it was leaked by evil filmer fletcher who was nice enough to film, edit, and submit it all for my lazy ass!!!!

now i cant even get judged this month OR next comp... :(

(we filmed that june 19th, at like 9PM, and i know how hard nic works for these things, i know its nobodies fault but mine ;)

and dont even freaken tell me to film something better. i cant even play footbag for 5 weeks or so, so in a way im kind of still a little tiny bit bitter hahah
SAM MCAULAY
BLOG
ImageImage