2006 December Online Competitions - Official release

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 03 Jan 2007 16:58

They were all stating their opinions as well.

Your 3rd place finisher's difficulty was definitely not worth 3rd place.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 03 Jan 2007 18:59

you know, i was really excited about filming and entering the next online competition... but whats the fucking point if all anyone does is bitch about stuff thats supposed to just be for fun. how is someone supposed to be motivated to film a shred if all you get in the end is crap?! where are the good vibes? where are all the props? all people want to do about this recent comp is talk shit rather than give props. whats the point of even trying on the next one?
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 03 Jan 2007 19:44

I don't think anyone's really talking shit, it's more just... clarifying?

EDIT: Except for maybe a couple of people.

At least, that's what I'm trying to do.

I'll add more smileys. :P
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 03 Jan 2007 20:01

They are fun if you think they are fun :wink:
"Every cereal is my favorite cereal"
Ben Rinowski

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 03 Jan 2007 21:31

thenotoriouspie wrote:IMO! I just thought Zeb's had alittle more style! Last time I post about online rankings!
Zeb definitely have style, but discrediting the job done by the judge probably wasn't the way to go to tell what you think. Zeb may be a little more styley but his tricks definitely not have the same difficulty degree.

And even then, I don't think nobody jumped on you for that, they just told you they disagree with your thinking and judging.

I have to disagree with you too because I prefered Brian sick 3 by far even if the fairy is a little thin. Zac second pixie is too and he got the 3rd place anyway (no offense Zac ).

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 04 Jan 2007 00:16

Note to everyone: stop taking everything so personally, and stop getting offended.

Judging is hard, and I'm always reluctant to get on someone's back when they've judged something because I know how hard it is. If you can't handle people dissing your combo then you really shouldn't be posting it online. Not that it was even being dissed that bad. And if you can't handle your judging being disagreed with, then don't post your opinions, because I can guarantee someone will disagree with you. Do I disagree with where I placed? Hell yeah I do. So what.

To everyone saying how bad it has been this time round, and how you won't post your opinions anymore, and 'why enter', blah blah blah, get over it. It hasn't been bad at all. Only your reactions to someone (shock horror) disagreeing with you in a civil manner.

The only thing that was slightly 'bad' was everyone's reactions to one persons rankings earlier on. I can't remember exactly whose. It was a tad unforgiving, but really, it was obvious the person simply didn't understand the difficulty of some moves. As I said above, I'm reluctant to flame someone for judging. To that person: honestly, those rankings were just plain wrong. That's OK though, just try not to rank tricks too high above your difficulty level, and always remember that someone will disagree with you no matter what you say, definately don't give up giving your opinions.

And although I disagreed with my placement, a huge thankyou and props to all the judges and organisers involved, because it's not about where you place. Thanks for another fantastic comp, and thanks to all entrants for hitting such awesome moves.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

footymatt
Shredaholic

Post by footymatt » 04 Jan 2007 04:42

your welcome,

I for one think that the judges did a superb job, I was expecting last place and got second to last!! Thats awesome. But I really don't put a vid in for placement, Instead I enter to be told what I'm doing wrong. And also, to drive my game. I have only my wife to play footbag with, there is no guiltless players round here. So entering the comps helps me get other peoples ideas about my game. Check out the "What does the online comps mean to you" thread. Learn the "true" value of it all. And then you'll see how "all the bitching" means nothing. Heck reading other people "complain" about the judgeing sometimes gives me a better understanding of how tricks and combos place against other tricks and combos, so it's a good thing all the way around.
<--==╡"F♂OtYmÄtT"╞==-->
To bend and move is natural; to play footbag is naturaler!! Ha Ha
-Matt Hennemuth
Footy Footbags Club

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 04 Jan 2007 07:19

Those sick3s were pretty huge. Way to go everyone. Let's keep these comps alive :!:

Holly, I expect to see something from ya :wink:
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 04 Jan 2007 10:04

Sick 1 and Sick 3 are by nature completely subjective events. 2 minute routines and Circle Comps are as well, to a lesser extent. My point is: think about why you are competing. Are you entering the Online comps because you really want to win them? Do you think these rankings matter at all? Maybe they do, on a pride level. Personally, whenever I compete in almost any footbag event, my goal is to put on a show for the spectators, and to push myself on an individual level. Other people's opinions really shouldn't affect your performance or your desire to compete. It's just the nature of the comps.

If you don't like subjectivity in competition, do Shred30.

On a final note, I'd like to thank everybody who submitted a combo or a trick to these comps. I really enjoyed watching them, and I was very impressed. At the end of the day I didn't spend any time debating whether or not flurricane was better than atomic grifter; I just was happy to have seen them and have been entertained.

It's hacky sack everybody.

Sebass
Circle Kicker

Re: 2006 December Online Competitions - Official release

Post by Sebass » 04 Jan 2007 11:58

BalinorNZ wrote:[size]

Novice Sick Three Ranking:

1 brian dennis - fairy legover, eggbeater, paradon
2 zeb jackson - ripwalk reverse whirl ducking osis
3 zac miley - smear pixie whirl osis
4 ben rea - dimwalk, diving clip, reverse whirl
5 luis lipchak - BOP
6 sebastian bezan - plo BP Sebastian Bazan :!:
7 cody carter - blurry legover, mirage, dlo
8 erik savage - butterfly, butterfly, bubba
9 roy newman - dlo dlo dlo
10 matt hennemuth - pixie, mirage, bfly
11 denton louis - pixie, legover, atw

[/i]

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 04 Jan 2007 12:21

1. David Clavens- High plains swifter
2. Phil Morrison- Flurricane
3. Johnny Murphy- twinspinning mirage
4. Aaron Orton- Alpine Blurry Whirling Rake
5. Jamieson Hickingbotham- Atomic Grifter
6. Kevin Crowley- Gangsta Party
7. Jeremy O'Whee- Bat Boat
8. Wim Van Verre- Vertigo
8. Josh Munstermann- Atomic Weaving Butterfly
10. Nic Bathgate- Predator
11. Brian Dennis- Fairy ss Eggbeater
12. Cody Rushing- Pixie Symp Whirl
13. Toby Suggate- Mullet
14. Zeb Jackson- GYBAS
14. Aleksei Zikin- Matador
16. Ben Rea- Ducking Rev. Whirl

I'd like to thank all the judges for their rankings and help with the online comps:
Wim Van Verre and Fletcher Funk for judging the Novice comps.
bodybuilda

LEGOMAN
Egyptian Footgod

Post by LEGOMAN » 04 Jan 2007 13:44

I wasn't really judgeing on all "degree of difficitly" I like stylie stuff. I would rather see something like Mareis(sp)>Mobius>Mobius then Jani>Jani>Blurry whirling Swirl. Both are hard links but the Jani one is harder but it doesnt (in my eyes) say its cooler then the torque one.

Holly:I wasn't trying to bitch about it. I just wanted to state my opinion and THAT WAS IT. It doesn't matter if Zeb is my friend or if I hate someone! If one person can throw down some phat links or trick that 1.Is hard 2.Flows 3. Is Stylie than in my eyes that person would win. It wouldn't matter if they hit Nemisis Swirl! As long as someone threw down a trick that looked really good and was still hard it would be that 5 dex move (in my eyes)

I'm sorry if I pissed everyone off with my opinion but I take back not judging the comps anymore because that would show I'm just an idiot who can't take flaming from people I don't know and on a internet forum
People that like LEGOMAN - 10
People that hate LEGOMAN - 1000
LEGOMAN´s posts - Priceless

dudeguyman
Shredaholic

Post by dudeguyman » 04 Jan 2007 17:35

the competitions were fun. Although for novice sick one it's Roy Newman not Ray Newman. I wish i could have gotten a better entry filmed though. i can hit tapdown>spinning clipper>torque now. I think i'm gonna try to get tapdown>spinning butterfly>flux, although it'll be a while til the next online comps so i could probably come up with something a little better by then.
-Cody Carter

summer 07 fire video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-iRplEimM0

newest shred video
http://footbag.org/gallery/show/14177

LEGOMAN
Egyptian Footgod

Post by LEGOMAN » 04 Jan 2007 21:45

Try putting in a flipside move in there. It would be cool! :D
People that like LEGOMAN - 10
People that hate LEGOMAN - 1000
LEGOMAN´s posts - Priceless

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 04 Jan 2007 23:06

The comps were awesome this time around! Great job everyone, I thought Aaron's Sick 1 was ridiculous, as well as Richie's Sick 3. Flurricane and Barrifter swirl were unbelievable.

Sorry I couldn't enter this time, I've made a concious decision to only enter tricks at my level, and not try to go above my level. I didn't feel I had anything wow-worthy this time around.

Big props goes out to Nic as usual for doing this. Probably the coolest thing about modified are these comps, and he always makes them fun and exciting to watch.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 05 Jan 2007 01:12

Hey everyone.

Thanks heaps for all your feedback to the players as well as me on how these are run. I always like to hear ideas on how I can improve them and grow them and next time around there are sure to be more exiting changes :).

Thank you to all who entered, without you there would be no online competitions, you deserve much respect for taking the time to video yourself hitting your biggest stuff and being brave enough to put it up for critique.

Thank you judges, you did a great job behind the scenes getting these judged so fast and accurately, Max, you do a great job of organising this so I take my headband off to you :).

Once again, i'm very sorry for the late release, it was unavoidable, but next time around I will make sure it is improved upon ;).

You rock modified!

footymatt
Shredaholic

Post by footymatt » 05 Jan 2007 05:14

no u roc dude!!
<--==╡"F♂OtYmÄtT"╞==-->
To bend and move is natural; to play footbag is naturaler!! Ha Ha
-Matt Hennemuth
Footy Footbags Club

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 06 Jan 2007 11:31

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wow, all this fuss about who shouldve won?

its all good people, i could've came in last and still wouldve been happy, I had fun participating and thats all that matters...

From a pm brian sent kyle:
The judges gave that scoring because i should be the winner, i hit harder shit than zeb, and just like in open sick 1 i scored better than zeb for that reason
thanks for belittling my self esteem (like i would care anyway), but really thanks for being so happy about besting me ;)

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 06 Jan 2007 15:18

Come on guys, calm down, who cares about who should be the winner? Both done good, and judges put Brian first. That's all. Ok Kyle prefer your combo, but who care? I personnaly preferred much more Brian, cause it's more the kind of combo I hit ( or trying heh ) but that's a preference.

Come on, everyone make peace and be happy :P

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 09 Jan 2007 09:15

edit:

double posted

check next page
Last edited by Sporatical_Distractions on 09 Jan 2007 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley