2007 March Online Competitions - Official release

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 29 Mar 2007 09:11

while were on the topic of mislabeld.....

my trick was zoid pdx egg... i labeled it right, but i guess it didnt get thru.

im pretty sure its right...

set from right xbd toe, then the next dex is my right leg first egg. if i had set it from clipper, itd be paradox...

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 29 Mar 2007 10:46

Sick entries guys! This was awesome to watch. Thanks to Nick as always, as well as Zeb, Ben, Gray and Max and the judging team!
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 29 Mar 2007 11:29

Matt Cross wrote:it was a transcription error by the editor,
For the record the video i recieved from Rory was called stepping-wauxpin.mov. I saw that he did it from a crazy toe set and called it toe stepping wauxspin (yea its spelled wrong) but i dont know enough about either wauxpins or butter rakes correctly distinguish between the two.

When i said i was at a loss for what to call it i meant that I personally had no idea what it was so i just went with how Rory had labeled it, but added the toe infront of stepping because i thought that was important.
brinard wrote:while were on the topic of mislabeld.....

my trick was zoid pdx egg... i labeled it right, but i guess it didnt get thru.

im pretty sure its right...

set from right xbd toe, then the next dex is my right leg first egg. if i had set it from clipper, itd be paradox...
It was labeled Brian Dennis,USA,Zoid Eggbeater.mov, sorry but i cant take resposibility for that one.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 29 Mar 2007 12:20

okay, I take back my last comment. I wouldn't call what rory did toe stepping, that implies either quantum or zipper set. he did stepping from frigid gyro toe. SUPER cool.

matt
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 29 Mar 2007 12:20

Matt Cross wrote:I ranked rory so low because I thought that he hit a different move than what he was attempting, or because he mislabeled it or something. I dunno, he lost "points" with me because of that little error, but I've just now read that it was a transcription error by the editor, not by rory. I'd like to change his rank from 8 to 4, and change the ranks from 4-14 or whatever it is accordingly. apologies. that really was a super cool move that he did. wauxpin would have been cooler ;) but butter rake is sweet.
hey,

It was my error in naming the trick. I am not familiar with naming conventions around wauxpin and butterfly rakes. I thought butterfly rake was catching the bag xbd position and raking it through and wauxpin the same thing except catching the bag in non xbd position.

Anyways, what I was going for was a toe to toe "ripwalk" type move, basically a quasi rewind of my toe stepping set. I can't do delays very well in dragon toe (or whatever that position is called) and so I thought it would be cool to spin 180 degrees to catch the bag on my toe in front of my support leg (not xbd or behind me). If you watch the clip in reverse it kind of looks like a pendolous set except with no pendulum and the bag set from in front of the body. I was under the impression that rakes needed to be scooped from behind the body?

I talked to Kevin to get his opinion on what the second half the trick actually was and he also thought it was a butterfly rake. I tried doing the "rake" without a butterfly component and without scooping the bag... and it felt more like a gyro toe... or something, but it couldn't be gyro or spinning because I jumped over the bag and spun 180 deg as I jumped. Is there a name for this kind of spinning?

I don't really care about what my ranking turns out to be. I hit the trick exactly as I envisioned it in my mind and that is what is important to me. I would however like clarification on the difference between wauxpin and rake, and xbd rake. (pm me)
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 29 Mar 2007 19:17

brinard wrote:i labeled it right, but i guess it didnt get thru.
brinard wrote:so heres my sick one entry. i think it counts as a zoid set egg, but i havent seen a zoid set... so i just did what i thought counts as zoid.

i think its a 5 add. [rooted][crossbody] toe set> same out [dex] >op out[dex]>same toe [delay]

thanks, and goodluck on your comp.

Sorry I didnt have time to watch the entrys at the time of downloading them, I would have corrected the error if I did. I assumed you hit zoid ss eggbeater because of the jobs in the above email not including pdx.

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 30 Mar 2007 10:23

my bad.

i didnt know zoid could be paradox, so thats probably why i didnt note it as so wheni sent it in.

afterwards, i found it could thanks to eric relie's zoid pswhirl vid.

sorry i caused a ruckus.

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 31 Mar 2007 10:22

Open Sick 3

1. Jorden
2. Kevin
3. Nic
4. Mathieu
5. Toby
6. Jeremy
7. Julien
8. Brian
9. Zac

Open Sick 1

1. Jorden
2. Gray
3. Mathieu
4. Jeremy
5. Nic
6. Michael
7. Zac
8. Pete
9. Toby
10. Brian
11. Rory
12. Cody
13. Kyle
14. John
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

Wumbo
BSOS Beast

Post by Wumbo » 31 Mar 2007 13:59

im sorry i wasnt aware of my sick3 being actually sick4. i suggest either canceling the osis or counting clip>ducking clipper as one trick, if you´d accept that.

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 31 Mar 2007 15:51

Well, one thing for sure is we can't count the clipper to ducking clipper as one trick, it's definitely 2. What I've done to count your sick 3 is cancel the last trick and count it as a seal.

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 31 Mar 2007 21:31

B_Man wrote:Open Sick 3

9. Zac
Can you please give a reason? I like reading critiques on my game.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 01 Apr 2007 03:15

brinard wrote:sorry i caused a ruckus.
That's sweet man, we're all learning :) You did well.

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 01 Apr 2007 07:35

Isilwar wrote:

9. Zac
It may have been the video quality/framerate but I thought the flux was the. You rotated into the osis before illusion dex was complete. At least that's what it looked like to me.

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 01 Apr 2007 07:53

Iron Clad Ben wrote:
Isilwar wrote:

9. Zac
It may have been the video quality/framerate but I thought the flux was the. You rotated into the osis before illusion dex was complete. At least that's what it looked like to me.
I meant my sick 3.

I don't think my sick 1 was the at all. Thin probably, but not the.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 01 Apr 2007 09:58

Iron Clad Ben wrote:It may have been the video quality/framerate but I thought the flux was the. You rotated into the osis before illusion dex was complete. At least that's what it looked like to me.
Seconded
bodybuilda

setman
Banned user

Post by setman » 02 Apr 2007 06:39

i'm the one of the judges and that's my rankning for open sick 3 and open sick 1 comp.

In the evening i'll update the rankings - i mean i will judge novice competitons.

Open Sick 1:

1. Jorden Moir - surging flux
2. Gray Chadwick - ducking pdx symposium eggbeater
3. nic bathgate - fairy duck whirl
4. Mathieu Gauthier - spinning motion (not well done hand catch)
5.Pete Bowler - whirlygig (it's slurry a bit)
6. Brian Dennis - zoid pdx egg
7. Jeremy masselis - spinning pdx egg (the dex was thin and the delay was bad)
8. Cody Carter - dbl spin clip
9. Rory Dawson - toe stepping far butterfly rake
10. Micheal Perny - fog
11. John Fanuzzi - pixie dyno
12. Toby Suggate - pixie dod
13. Kyle Morley - blurry dada (slurry and dada was pretty the)
14. Zac Miley - pixie flux (for me there was no illusion)

Open Sick 3:

1.st Kevin Regamy

Symp atomic DLO - sailing ss eggbeater - pixie ducking symp eggbeater

Cleanless: 4 points

Hardless of tricks: 6+6+7

Hardless of links: Frontside Predator - sailing ss eggbeater (1) - pixie ducking symposium eggbeater (2)

3 points

variety symp (1) atomic (1) xdex(1) miraging (1) illusioning (1) - pixie (1) atomic (1) illusioning (1) illusioning (0) - pixie (0) ducking (1) symposium (1) illusioning (0) illusioning (0)

19*0,35+4*0,15+3*0,35+10*0,15 = 6,65+0,6+1,05+1,5 = 9,8 points !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd. Jorden Moir

alpine blurry whirl > beta bed > ducking dolomite

Hardless of tricks: 6-7-6

Hardless of links: alpine blurry whirl - beta bedwetter (1) beta bedwetter - ducking dolomite (1)

2 points

variety: stepping (1) ducking (1) pdx (1) whirling (1) - stepping (1) pdx (1) symposium (1) illusioning (1) illusioning (1) - ducking (1) - symposium (0) dex (1) dex (1)

4*0,15+19*0,35+2*0,35+12*0,15=0,6+6,65+0,7+1,8 = 9.75 points !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Nic Bathgate

fairy ss dlo - fairy ducking butterfly - spinning pdx whirl

Hardless of tricks: 4+5+5 = 14 points

Hardless of links: fairy ss dlo - fairy ducking butterfly - (1); fairy ducking butterfly - spinning pdx whirl (1)

2 points

variety: fairy (1) miraging (1) legover (1) - fairy (1) ducking(1) whirling (1) - spinning (1) pdx (1) whirling (1)

2*0,35+14*0,35+4*0,15+9*0,15 = 0,7+4,9+0,6+1,35 = 7.55 points! (less 0.35 than last entry which i judge)

4th. Jeremy Masselis

matador > ripwalk > pdx egg

Hardless of tricks: 5-4-5

Hardless of links:matador - ripwalk (1) ripwalk - pdx eggbeater (0)

1 point

variety: pdx (1) atomic (1) butterflying (1) - stepping (1) butterflying (1) - pdx (1) illsuioning (1) illusioning (1)

4*0,15+14*0,35+1*0,35+8*0,15=0,6+4,9+0,35+1,2 = 7.2 points !

5th. Mathieu Gauthier

Phoenix - spinning osis - far motion

Hardless of tricks: 5-4-5

Hardless of links: phoenix - spinning osis (1) spinning osis - far motion (0)

1 point

variety: Pixie (1) ducking (1) butterflying (1) - spinning (1) spinning (1) - dex (1) dex (1) spinning (1)

4*0,15+14*0,35+1*0,35+8*0,15=0,6+4,9+0,35+1,2 = 7.05 points !
6th. Tobbu Suggate

phoenix - pdx whirl > ddd -

Hardless of tricks: 5-4-4

Hardless of links:phoenix - pdx whirl (0) pdx whirl - ddd (0)

0 point

variety: Pixie (1) ducking (1) butterflying (1) - pdx (1) whirling (1) - dex (1) dex (1)

4*0,15+13*0,35+0*0,35+7*0,15=0,6+4,55+0+1,05 = 6.2 points
7th. Julien Romiti

fairy osis > torque > dlo

Hardless of tricks: 4-4-3

Hardless of links: fairy ss osis - torque (0) torque 0 dlo (0)

0 point

variety: fairy (1) spinning(1) - miraging (1) spinning (0) - miraging (0) illsuioning (1)

4*0,15+11*0,35+0*0,35+4*0,15=0,6+3,85+0,35+0,6 = 5.4 points !

8th. Brian Dennis (i changed brian sick, because there are 4 tricks IMO)

- fairy butter > blizzard > toe walkover

Hardless of tricks: 4-4-1

Hardless of links: fairy butterfly - blizzard (1) blizzard - toe walkover (0)

1 point

variety: fairy (1) butterflying (1) - stepping (1) illusioning (1) - (0)

4*0,15+9*0,35+1*0,35+4*0,15=0,6+3,15+0,35+0,6 = 4.7 points !

EDIT: i've made one mistake, but i've just corrected the thing.
Last edited by setman on 02 Apr 2007 07:41, edited 1 time in total.
Kamil Hucal

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 02 Apr 2007 07:17

That was an awesome breakdown Kamil! Thanks heaps for taking the time to post that, it's really interesting to read :)

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 02 Apr 2007 20:14

Isilwar wrote:

9. Zac
It was a toss up between you and Brian for 9th. Everything of yours looked good, except I thought the Paradon was 'the'. Had it looked good, you would have had a 8th no problem.

:)
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

Jayjoo
Shredaholic

Post by Jayjoo » 03 Apr 2007 14:20

First time i "judge", don't blame me :P
(and maybe sorry for my english)

Novice sick 1
1-Julien R.-Smog : Nice triple dex man! All the dex looks good. Props !Next time in open :wink:
2-Benjamin B.-Pdx dlo : Looks very clean and easy. Props.
3-Alan U.-Toe ducking whirl : Nice move! Dex looks ok but duck is a little bit too high.Go for tomawak now :twisted:
4-Carlos B.-Diving mirage:Original trick , dex and duck are ok, but it could be "smoother".
5-Benjamin M. -Double atw : looks easy, but not such original.
6-Matt H. - Dimwalk : pixie could be cleaner . Try to do it higher to have the time to do your butterfly easily. The trick will look "smoother". :wink:

Novice sick 3 (it was hard to give a first place)
1-Michael P.- drifter>pdx drifter>torque : Such cool links! Looks very controled. Props
2-Cody C. -Atomic legover>Tapdown>spinning but : Nice atomic>atomic . Looks cool but i prefer michael's combo. Want to see your other atomic. :wink:
3-Alan U. - Far osis>infinity>far stomping dyno. Sweet dude. Far stomping dyno looks cool .Props on both osis. Infinity looks too easy man, you should find an other trick.
4-Benjamin B. - Ripwalk>Dlo>Symp pixie . Nice use of both clippers and toes. Everything looks clean.Props
5-Carlos B. - Ducking clip>pdx mirage>rake : Rakes are always style dude! Could be more controlled but it's ok
6-Kyle M. - Blur>butt>diving osis . Your stepping was pretty the. Diving osis was pretty cool.
7-Benjamin M. -Symp mirage>clipper>ducking clipper(>osis) : Too bad for the clipper. For the duck, think it more like it's your head which have to turn around the bag, and not the bag around your head.
8-Matt H. -Mirage>butterfly>osis : Nice! Now drill its baby! :P
Jeremy Masselis

Shred addict !

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 03 Apr 2007 15:27

Wow! Nice comps this quarter

Open Sick 1
1. Jorden
2. Rory - that was exactly what it said. Toe Stepping Wauxpin i think . That wasnt a butterfly rake at all. Sick rory!
3. Gray
4. Jeremy
5. Nic
6. Mathieu
7. Brian
8. Toby
9. Michael
10. Cody
11. Zac
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show