Official Hack OFF Challenge Thread

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

Eskimo Joe
Cold Blooded

Post by Eskimo Joe » 18 Jun 2008 09:22

GO CANADA!

I would like to challenge Waylon! He makes superb bags and plays alot, perhaps more than I do, so I would like to see if I am up to par with him.

What do you say Waylon?
Eskimo Joe

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 20 Jun 2008 11:24

You're going down Andrew! :lol:

I better get my clippers spot on so that I don't drop easily. I am camera shy. :oops:
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

RawSko
Green Footbag Ninja

Post by RawSko » 20 Jun 2008 14:23

Byrin and Johnny have accepted. I'm waiting on a couple more people (including a Canadian Secret Weapon), but Jorden says he can't, due to injury. ...wait, I'm going to see him in the circus in a couple days... he better get healed quick! Anyway, lets give it a week. We'll see who is ready by then.
Ben Roscoe

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 20 Jun 2008 16:44

A week sounds good on my part. I don't own a camera, so I have to rely on NYFA for filming. Currently Barrett Neimeth is on tour (noted in his blog) so I don't know what to do.

So far, I know of maybe two people that can help film my Hack Off, but I'll just note right here and now that if I don't get filmed this weekend it'll be next weekend for sure.

I'll keep you guys (and Andrew) updated.
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 20 Jun 2008 17:55

Oh man... I wish I could join the Canada vs. US hack-off. :(
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

RawSko
Green Footbag Ninja

Post by RawSko » 20 Jun 2008 18:03

If we both join, then you and I could go against each other, Zac. Or is it an issue of filming?
Ben Roscoe

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 20 Jun 2008 18:07

My camera sucks. Maybe I can find someone to let me borrow their's.

I would definitely go against you though, Ben. ;)
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 20 Jun 2008 18:25

USA, USA!!! :P
NYFA represent.

SnowBlindSloth
Fearless

Post by SnowBlindSloth » 20 Jun 2008 19:22

What about city shred-offs? Country is really broad and limited. There are so many clubs out there that could battle it out with siick results. Obviously some cities can't compete (Red Deer Alberta comes to mind), but it would be way easier than country wide comps to include everyone.

Just a thought... :roll:

I'll sign Toronto up...if anyone wants to take our few players on...

P.S. I still consider Erik Chan part of Toronto...so... :P
Alex Venis

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 21 Jun 2008 22:39

People could even do team hack offs. It could be teams of five maybe doing one string per person
John Goode

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 01 Jul 2008 04:34

I keep finding myself in situations where I can't record my Hack Off submission. In fact, I'm feeling a bit discouraged about my game, particularly my clippers.

So... my Hack Off with Andrew is either delayed further or officially canceled. I'm torn between the two.
NYFA represent.

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 03 Jul 2008 08:34

You could always just battle me instead. I'd be a good person to battle if you're currently feeling uneasy about your game. I also haven't played much in the past week and a half.

Yeah, I'm prostituting myself. SO?
Danny Murphy
Working On: Stepping, painless whirls?

dan the man
Shredaholic

Post by dan the man » 03 Jul 2008 11:49

you better watch out Danny, i'm gettin a camera soon haha jks.

actually all three of us seem to be around the same level, my guess is the better is waylon then Danny, then myself, but we'll see. (i can't believe there might actually be someone else thats at my level :) )
Dan is the Man

challenge me!

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 05 Jul 2008 06:42

I'm actually not sure what level Waylon is at. He'd probably domskeet me left right and center. I just figured battling me would be a confidence boost.

The battle of the Dans is coming soon though. As soon as I get my camera back, it's on.
Danny Murphy

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 05 Jul 2008 08:37

I think that if you are guiltless level or above, the hack-offs should be kept to 3 runs each. I wrote about this in Kevin Crowley vs. Mike Toolan. 5 runs is too much because the videos end up being full 5 min videos, and after every run you have to sit and watch the person catch their breath for 30 seconds, you can't fast forward past it in youtube.

Also, toe stalls...Ben had one during a run against Kyle and then kept the run going haha. I was like 'wow man, you're really gonna keep that run going and call it legit?' If it's 2 people that are guiltless, you should end the run when you guilt obviously.

As far as drops at the start of a run, I'd say keep that to one drop each during the entire hack off. That seems like a fair compromise.

These are fun to watch, but those first two things are glaring faults in the format that should be fixed IMO.

/$0.02
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

dan the man
Shredaholic

Post by dan the man » 05 Jul 2008 09:12

haha represent the name Dan, but don't ever forget, i'm Dan the Man, ur just Danny. haha jks. it would never be as good a hackoff as the battle of the bens just a little while ago.

i agree with you chris, however i do think that its still up to the players for rules. but ya thats something to keep in mind, i never finished watching Mike or Kevin's videos before i had my mind made up...
Dan is the Man

challenge me!

RawSko
Green Footbag Ninja

Post by RawSko » 08 Jul 2008 20:29

I like more strings. 5 strings is good because you get a more accurate display of a person's game (ie: not a couple lucky or unlucky strings to make or brake the entry). If people wanted to edit out the dead time between entries, I'd be alright with that. I'm pretty trusting, and would be totally alright with relying on the honor system...

5 strings > 3 strings
IMO

PS: Somebody else will have to step up and organize the Canada vs. U.S. battle, cuz I leave for Amsterdam tomorrow and have been/ will be very busy. Sorry to bail out, but it's been pretty chaotic lately.
Ben Roscoe

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 09 Jul 2008 11:46

Pancake Flogger wrote:I'm actually not sure what level Waylon is at. He'd probably domskeet me left right and center. I just figured battling me would be a confidence boost.
Thank you for the offer, but I think in terms of a Hack Off me challenging someone else just so that I can have a confidence boost to challenge another is a real dick move imho.

Say that I were a hunter that specialized in hunting bears. If I didn't have the confidence to challenge the brute force of a bear and instead hunted hares and squirrels, then where's the thrill in that? What will I learn from that?

I just need to mentally prepare myself and get to drilling my clippers until I have them at a point where I enjoy hitting them. Don't butt into other people's battles. :wink: :P
NYFA represent.

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 10 Jul 2008 20:44

Haha, yeah sorry. To me, since you're games slighly off (still probably a big challenge for me to beat) I sorta wanted to take a crack at battling you to see how well I'd do. But then again, I've never seen you play so sorry if I offended you at all. My bad.
Danny Murphy

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 10 Jul 2008 20:46

Don't worry about it.

It's best that you take on someone that actually has a camera to begin with. :P
NYFA represent.