Official Hack OFF Challenge Thread

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Official Hack OFF Challenge Thread

Post by QuantumBalance » 06 Jun 2008 19:15

Obviously Im making this up as I go... freestylin!

So post who you will challenge here and maybe why, and lets say once the challenge is issued there are like only a set number of days till it has to be up otherwise both people lose. See what would be really cool is if we could integrate experience points into the forum that are givin based on who won challenges and stuff. Anywayz....

Its whatevers

I challenge Blue Turnip, because he's always up in my grill! <3 <3!

Remember, 5 runs in a row. NO STOPPING IN BETWEEN LOL
I mean you can, but it makes you lose more.

-Samurai

RawSko
Green Footbag Ninja

Post by RawSko » 06 Jun 2008 19:56

Makes sense to have the Battle itself in a seperate thread of its own though, right? It might get a bit chaotic if we tried to have all the vids in this thread too...

the experience points thing sounds hillarious, Sam! We should pick character classes and stuff too, and have special privilleges to those with high levels!! :P

I think this kind of 1 on 1 battle would be really fun in person too, like at tournaments and stuff. Like circles comp, only even less official and only 2 people. Anybody can just challenge anybody whenever, and if the other person accepts, they rally up a couple judges (just people who will watch from start to finish) and go from there. That would be super cool!
Ben Roscoe

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 06 Jun 2008 20:01

RawSko wrote:
I think this kind of 1 on 1 battle would be really fun in person too, like at tournaments and stuff. Like circles comp, only even less official and only 2 people. Anybody can just challenge anybody whenever, and if the other person accepts, they rally up a couple judges (just people who will watch from start to finish) and go from there. That would be super cool!
I'm pre-challenging you for the next tournament we're at, Ben. ;)
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

RawSko
Green Footbag Ninja

Post by RawSko » 06 Jun 2008 20:18

lol, when I saw that you had just posted in this thread, I was like "Oh ya! I gotta challenge Zac!" But you beat me to it. You're officially the challenger. :P
Ben Roscoe

Eric Chang
Fearless

Post by Eric Chang » 07 Jun 2008 02:56

Once again I would like to do a challenge to Erik Chan!!

Meeting with the Stanford Crew later today, and see if I can grab some Stanford Crew challenge vids!

I'm game for any leveling and +1 to dexterity items we can get out there :-p
Look a BLOG! That I never update
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=16244

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 07 Jun 2008 05:09

I challenged blue turnip but he actually responded that he doesnt play footbag...

soooo... I'm just gonna not care about him anymore while hes on the footbag forum.

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 07 Jun 2008 05:29

In the case of the Ben challenge, can we do 3 strings instead of 5?

P.S.-if anyone has been thinking of an official rules page or something...don't do it. I think these should be able to have their own rules. If anyone wants to do a single string challenge then so be it, knee bumping only, ducking only, shuffle only, or just original. whatever you want. dont make this lame by making rules :) (not that anyone is trying to but I know you guys ;) )
Ben Rea

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 07 Jun 2008 07:48

I think that sounds agreeable!

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 07 Jun 2008 09:50

So we're doing 3 runs for the Ben challenge? Sweet.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

RawSko
Green Footbag Ninja

Post by RawSko » 07 Jun 2008 10:06

Why 3 strings? I think more strings is generally a better depiction of a person's game. Less strings = more based on luck (although, still a lot of skill -- obviously); More strings = more based on skill (although, still a fair amount of luck is involved). A couple bad strings would kill any series of three, or a couple good ones would carry you. With more strings, the chances of somebody hitting enough flukey (good or bad) strings to make or brake them is less likely.

Not to say that I'm not up for a three string challenge, of course. We can do that if you want. Just saying that my preference would generally lean toward more strings.
Ben Roscoe

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 07 Jun 2008 10:11

I think the reason Ben suggested 3 is because if we are going to have 5 or so people competing 5 strings is a lot. 3 would be easier to judge/watch/etc.
Ben Skaggs

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 07 Jun 2008 20:42

professor wrote:I think the reason Ben suggested 3 is because if we are going to have 5 or so people competing 5 strings is a lot. 3 would be easier to judge/watch/etc.
Thank you :)
Ben Rea

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 08 Jun 2008 09:20

I wanna vs. John Goode because I think we've being playing for about the same length of time. I hope you find a camera that takes longer vids than 15 seconds though.

This is a sick idea.
Danny Murphy
Working On: Stepping, painless whirls?

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 08 Jun 2008 10:04

I totally forgot about doing only 3 strings...woops. So I did 5.

Any other ben's done with theirs?

roscoe i'll pm mine to you.
Ben Rea

RawSko
Green Footbag Ninja

Post by RawSko » 08 Jun 2008 10:25

So far, I've only recieved Ben Rea's (not to rush anyone. I haven't even done mine yet); but I was just wondering if we were still doing it today. I know that was the plan, but didn't we decide to give the rest of the Bens more notice? Has anyone told them yet? Is it still on for today?

And now we're officaily doing 5 strings, as per usual. I understand why you wanted to do 3, but oh well. It's all good.
Ben Roscoe

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 08 Jun 2008 10:32

i pm'd benulis and skaggs

4 is good enough right?

if they dont send anything to you tonight then post it tomorrow night, im positive that both of them want to participate.
Ben Rea

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 08 Jun 2008 13:37

I wanna vs. John Goode because I think we've being playing for about the same length of time. I hope you find a camera that takes longer vids than 15 seconds though.
Alright, I'll try and either cop my parents camera or my girlfriend's camera. I'll hopefully be able to do it sometime this week after school
John Goode

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 08 Jun 2008 15:12

I'll upload mine sometime tonight. Probably 10:00pm PST.
Ben Skaggs

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 08 Jun 2008 15:21

Benulis isnt doing it, he said he's to sore.
Ben Rea

RawSko
Green Footbag Ninja

Post by RawSko » 08 Jun 2008 16:05

professor wrote:I'll upload mine sometime tonight. Probably 10:00pm PST.
So, you will PM me the link to your vid of 5 strings and I will make the thread and post everyone's vids at 10pm? Sounds good to me. I'm about to go and shoot my entry. ...it's so hot here
Ben Roscoe