Shred Global contest #3 (ends June 1st)

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 27 Oct 2010 09:51

To Zac and Ken........I think I want in on the comp 8)

If you dont mind me joining you, let me know what is the exact rules and events and or tricks.

If you want to put something at stake, Im in ....just havent thought much about what I would bet yet.

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 27 Oct 2010 10:28

I'd like in on this too! If it's not too much to ask ;-)
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 27 Oct 2010 13:45

What happened to Flex ? He hasn't said a thing all day.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 27 Oct 2010 14:07

FlexThis wrote: You said put up or shut up right? That's what I'll do.
I guess he shut up.

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 27 Oct 2010 17:27

Damon was temporarily banned.

Again, this thread is about the online competition. No need to bring up anything else.

Mark and Josh: I think Ken and I were planning on filming this thing at NYJ. If you guys are going that could probably work out, but if not maybe you guys should do another hackoff?
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 27 Oct 2010 17:31

Or just come to NYJ? :D

The title of this thread should be changed to something that isn't calling anyone out who can not post. You can read that in red if you like.

Webslinger
BSOS Beast

Post by Webslinger » 27 Oct 2010 23:19

Well, I posted here because I hate when somebody is offending others just because he thinks that because he is better player gives him the right to do so..

Ken, it must be nice to tell your version of the story if there is nobody to tell the opposite... It is the same in the interview with Dave I just read.. You were not invited to BAP 3 times... just once in 2003 and that was it, but I guess you like your versions better...

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Oct 2010 04:40

Webslinger wrote: Well, I posted here because I hate when somebody is offending others just because he thinks that because he is better player gives him the right to do so...
What a noble sentiment. Truly Honza, you are the People's Champ. You should get a medal for doing this...you're such a big man. I guess you called me out... my whole intent with this thread was to offend Damon, just because I thought I was a better player than him. It had nothing to do with his unprovoked gay insults of me. I just thought I'd rub it in that I can play guiltless. I'm also glad you're not just making an attacking post because I pointed out the hypocrisy of Honza Weber giving anybody else arrogance advice.
Webslinger wrote:Ken, it must be nice to tell your version of the story if there is nobody to tell the opposite....
You know what? It did feel good to tell my version of the story. Like I said when I made it, I wanted to get down my side of the story partially to explain my actions, but also to get closure on this whole unpleasant experience. When I found out Damon got banned, it didn't even cross my mind to go back and change my post. Now that it's been brought up, I'm not going to anyway. It's not my fault Damon got himself banned, and even if he weren't, I'd want to get closure by getting my side of the story out there.

Webslinger wrote: You were not invited to BAP 3 times... just once in 2003 and that was it, but I guess you like your versions better...
Really? Oh fuck, my ego is now crushed!!! I got served!!! What a crushing blow, I'm going to go kill myself now. :roll: I was in a circle with Juho in Helsinki when BAP inductions were announced. After his induction, an announcement was made that I was getting invited. It could have been a joke announcement, but it didn't seem that way. I wasn't even around for the 04 announcement. Later on, members of BAP asked me why I turned down BAP multiple times, which made me assume that Helsinki wasn't a joke. Regardless, whether I'd been invited to BAP once or 6 times, the answer would have been the same.

To sum up my BAP argument, which is very relevant to my discussion with you Honza:

1. There are lots of cool people in BAP I consider my friends (this isn't the part relevant to you, in case you hadn't figured that out).
2. There are multiple convicted felons in BAP who have done jail time.
3. There are lots of people in BAP who I don't know at all. They might be nice, they might not. I don't know them that well.
4. There are lots of really cocky guys in BAP who think they are better people than others, just because they are good at kicking a beanbag.

That's why I don't care about BAP's opinion of me as a person or a player.

If the best insult you can muster is: "hey Ken, you were only invited into BAP once, not three times!" you obviously don't know me.

Webslinger
BSOS Beast

Post by Webslinger » 28 Oct 2010 05:16

You argue like a little kid :) I do not care whether you like BAP or not or whether it is cool to be in or not.. The point was that you like to adjust all the stories in your favour- the BAP thing is just an example of how it works with you.. I was there all the time during the inductions, maybe some older blokes told you that after like a joke, but not during the official ceremony..

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Oct 2010 05:25

Webslinger wrote:The point was that you like to adjust all the stories in your favour .
Doesn't everybody?

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 28 Oct 2010 05:32

Nah I disagree. Most people try to say things as they actually perceive them. The fiasco with the Nestle demos is a perfect example of you just blatantly lying and acting like a child. The most extreme ungratefulness I've ever seen. Well said Honza.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Oct 2010 05:42

Mods, it looks like despite my best efforts, this thread now only exists for people with personal vendettas against me to come out and bash me. I don't see the point in keeping it open. Lock it, delete it, I don't care.

Jeremy, I'm going to ask you a favor, which I'm assuming you won't do, because as Honza points out, it's always nicer to believe our own version of events. But if one day you are bored, please go back and re-read every single email we ever wrote each other on the Nestle trip. The email record shows you promised me a minimum number of demos at a minimum rate, and based on that I committed to go to Australia. It wasn't until I got there that you told me I'd be making so little money it wouldnt' cover my plane ticket or living expenses. I had to extend my trip just to break even, and I wasn't paid a dime my entire time I was in Australia. It wasn't until I got back to Japan that I received any remuneration, and even then it was less than what we agreed upon. None of this is debatable. The other footbaggers in Australia who were involved agree that I wasn't treated fairly, and it's really pretty immature and insulting of you that you still haven't apologized to me.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Oct 2010 06:04

I've asked the mods to lock or delete this thread, because at this point it's just devolved into a forum for people to post personal attacks against me.

Given that this thread is in the "Online Competitions" forum, and this thread has mutated purposes so many times already, I thought it'd be fun (and cathartic?) for us to do one final contest.

So here it is: before the mods lock/delete this topic, everybody get in your best potshot against me. Go for it, it'll be fun to get it off your chest. Do I owe anybody money? Steal anybody's girl? Cause instability in the stock market? Make it rain (in a non-strip club way)? Am I too asian/not asian enough? Does my bad form offend you? Have I ever beaten you in a tournament? Halitosis?

Whatever the perceived slight, have at it. It's open season against me, so post your most creative insult of me. Bonus points for creativity.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 28 Oct 2010 06:06

The email records clearly don't say that at all. You'll note that when I posted them everybody agreed with me and nobody agreed with you. I was the one who supported my case with evidence while you had none. You're entire perception of these events is warped. Even 3 footbaggers who I know are good friends of yours sent me messages, and at least one according to my message, you as well, telling me how obvious it was that you were wrong. Are your friends also wrong about this?

Here is the topic with all the emails.

Note that at no point do I guarantee any amount of demos, or make any guarantees at all. I express my opinions on what I think will happen, and it's clear that they're opinions.

http://www.modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=20641

Here's a challenge. If you can quote a single instance in those emails where I make a gaurantee about when you'll get paid, how much, or how many demos you'll get to do, I'll accept a 6 month ban, and if you can't, you've just demonstrated what a blatant liar you are, and I'll be happy with the rest of modified being able to see that.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 28 Oct 2010 06:12

C-Fan wrote:\The other footbaggers in Australia who were involved agree that I wasn't treated fairly, and it's really pretty immature and insulting of you that you still haven't apologized to me.
This is the opposite opinion to what anybody here has ever said to me. Perhaps they can speak for themselves. Either they're lying to me, or you're lying, just like with your statement about what I'd find if I read through the emails.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Oct 2010 06:13

Jeremy wrote:Here's a challenge. If you can quote a single instance in those emails where I make a gaurantee about when you'll get paid, how much, or how many demos you'll get to do, I'll accept a 6 month ban, .
It's pretty funny how you're making a classic: "if you do BLANK, then I'll accept a 6 month ban" claim, and then link to a thread where you made a similar offer to quit modified if somebody did something, and then you didn't submit to the ban when he did.

:lol:

Oh, and thank you for playing Jeremy. Any other insults? Come on everybody, I don't want Jeremy to win the "insult Ken" contest with such a lame entry. There's got to be more. Go ahead, get it off your chest.

EDIT: Jeremy has made two posts, but they aren't really unique insults, so I'm only counting it as one. Jeremy: you can still rack up points, but for them to be counted as unique insults, they should be on a different topic (ie, not related to our dispute over the Nestle stuff).
Last edited by C-Fan on 28 Oct 2010 06:37, edited 1 time in total.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 28 Oct 2010 06:25

Actually Matt Cross only ever sent me one bag, not the ten that he promised. If he sends me 9 more then I'll happily follow through with my promise. Another distortion of the truth from Ken, although like with his claim about instant bank transfers, probably based on his ignorance rather than deliberate.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Oct 2010 06:33

Uh... half a point I guess? You insulted my last post, which is a new insult, but then you tied it back to Nestle, which I said I wouldn't give you unique points for. So I'll compromise and give you half a point.

Jeremy with a solid lead at this point.

While we're killing time, waiting for the lock, here's something I was thinking about: should I feel good or bad about the fact that the people who hate me most on modified are Damon Matthews and Jeremy O'Wheel?
Also: Honza Weber says I'm arrogant and unlikable. Is that a good or bad sign for me?

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 28 Oct 2010 07:28

All your dexes; past, present and future; are The.

Nah, I jest, I just wanted to be a part of things :D
Ian Cozens
My FootBlog :: PureShred

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Oct 2010 07:34

You forgot to mention my spins, ducks, and haircut. Still, you get one point.