Could you watch all the videos?

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

Did all the videos work on your computer in the first round of competitions?

Yes
52%
No
24%
No
24%

Total votes: 46

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Could you watch all the videos?

Post by Posi-Cole » 07 Nov 2004 20:44

Please vote in the poll.

<b> IF YOU VOTE NO, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD and state what videos you weren't able to watch/what video types you know you consistently aren't able to watch, and what video types do work for you</b>

I just want to get a number of how many people cannot see what types of files so we know how to best attack this problem.
Cole Hobson

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 07 Nov 2004 21:51

I have not seen all the videos, but it's not because of wrong formats. I just haven't had time to d/l them all yet. It's hard when each file takes you anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes and you have things you have to do on top of that. :(
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 07 Nov 2004 22:24

Hey Brian watching video is always going to be a problem for 56k users, the only solution I can think of is put them all on to download overnight and watch and vote in the morning? That way noone needs to use the phone and u dont have to watch it tick by at 3kb a second 8O

wolfpac444
Your Friendly Admin

Post by wolfpac444 » 07 Nov 2004 22:25

Mike Hansen

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 07 Nov 2004 22:48

B_Man wrote:I have not seen all the videos, but it's not because of wrong formats. I just haven't had time to d/l them all yet. It's hard when each file takes you anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes and you have things you have to do on top of that. :(

Yeah, thats what I seem to come up with is the biggest problem, esecially in my situation. People should try to make their vids less than 1 mb. You don't get the perfect quality, but as long as there is enough light in the video, the difference in quality isn't that much at all compared to the difference in size, so the size is small enough so everyone can download them and vote having watched all videos

And if people don't have the knowledge/energy to make the video smaller, they could forward them to appointed section conversioners ( :wink: ) like Jeremy :wink: to convert it to the correct file size/quality ratio, enabling everyone to be able to participate, even us dialups'.

Just an idea, I would volunteer for this job . . .
James Randall

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 08 Nov 2004 16:46

I wish people would

A) Vote in this poll, as there are certainly more people who voted in the competitions than people who have answered this poll.

and

B) WRITE A POST if you voted 'No', saying what videos you couldn't watch and what video formats work for you.

<b>If you don't care to tell me what the problem is, then how do you expect me to care enough to fix it?</b>
Cole Hobson

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Nov 2004 18:56

I didn`t vote in the poll, but I will post here.

I initially couldn`t watch all the videos, because I can only watch wmvs and mpgs at work. I can`t watch avi files. But then Jeremy and Habitat re-encoded the files, so I was eventually able to view them. So I didn`t really know how to vote. But yeah, for future reference, I can`t watch avis.

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 08 Nov 2004 19:12

when i clicked on the video it said :cant find server: then some that said it worked, but few didnt.

Krafty
Fearless

Post by Krafty » 08 Nov 2004 19:44

Yeah, I have the same problem as Zachary. In the morning some of the files wouldn't work but worked at night. It was really wierd!
Kaushik Amancherla