2nd combo

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

2nd combo

Post by Jeremy » 10 Nov 2004 00:41

Hey what's the story with our second combo? Obviously we can't hit the exact same thing again. Do we lose points if we do a similar combo?

Like I could hit shooting mirage>sailing mirage>sailing osis - so the only real difference to my last one is that 1 of the 8 dexes is in the opposite direction?

Is that ok?

Would be ok if people marked me down for doing a similar combo to last time?

Personally I think people should be encouraged to have as much variety as possible from round to round but that when voting you shouldn't consider the previous rounds at all.

And I'm not planning on hitting that combo!

HackyRichard
BSOS Beast

Post by HackyRichard » 10 Nov 2004 04:49

And I'm not planning on hitting that combo!
all this fast dexing and you're scared of drop on the osis right :P

I don't think previous rounds should factor in at all, basically you're at another tourney, if you choose to do the same or similar combos at different events that's your call, I'm sure you can see the double edged sword you'd be creating.

In any case you're being compared with the other ppl in the current round not your prior rounds ...

blah blah, I dare you to hit a move ending on osis in the middle of your combo Jeremy can you handle that?
Richard Pearce

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 10 Nov 2004 08:39

I agree :roll:
Previous rounds shouldn't affect. But hitting same combo with same side twice in a row isn't acceptable.

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 10 Nov 2004 09:52

Personally, if someone wins a competition with a combo, and then puts up something very similar, I would be less likely to vote for them a second time around since it seems like they are just trying to capatalize on the fact that they won with that combo the first time around.

However, if someone who didn't win send in a video that had 2 out of 3 moves that were the same, but made the third move harder to try to increase the overall skill of their combo, this wouldn't be so bad.

However, in the end, the vote in my mind should still just come down to whose combo is the best.

It's important to try to mix up your combos though I think.
Cole Hobson

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 10 Nov 2004 11:07

Furthermore, it's about challenging yourself.

In a few rounds, I'll probably be trying to throw Beta Bedwetter in or something, just to show that I can clipper set. :)
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

HackyRichard
BSOS Beast

Post by HackyRichard » 10 Nov 2004 12:06

just to show that I can clipper set. :)
I've got rare footage proving that, yes mr regamEy can indeed perform this amazing feat 8O
Richard Pearce

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 11 Nov 2004 13:17

As long as you don't submit the exact same video then I don't see a problem with submitting the same combo twice. I've seen Sunil win a couple of Sick 3's with Pixie Butterfly > Blurriest > Flurry.

I doubt people would consistantly vote for things they've seen over and over again unless one or more of the tricks is made more difficult or styley. Even though the combos may be sick, people tend to say to themselves "yeah I've seen that already and I know he can do it so it's not as sick anymore".
Old Skool