DIVISION 1 - COMPETITION #2 - POLL CLOSED! DISCUSS!

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

DIVISION 1 - COMPETITION #2 - POLL CLOSED! DISCUSS!

Post by Posi-Cole » 25 Nov 2004 19:43

THIS POLL HAS BEEN CLOSED. Congrats to Jeremy for staying on top for a second straight week. Stay tuned to the forum for information upcoming competitions. The leaderboard will be updated later this afternoon. The results are as follows:

<b>Jeremy O'Wheel
36% [ 25 ] </b>

Kevin Regamey
21% [ 15 ]

Anssi Sundberg
17% [ 12 ]

Byrin Wylie
11% [ 8 ]

Chris May
10% [ 7 ]

Ben Barrows
2% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 69

<b>NOTE: This round we ARE going to allow people talking about the combos while the vote is on, so feel free to say whatever you want while the vote is on. However, just keep it to your opinion and try to stay away from stuff like "Everyone should vote for Person A because ... "

Please watch all the videos, and vote for the best one taking difficulty, creativity and execution into consideration.</b>

Videos are in order received:

Anssi Sundberg
Ripwalk > Janiwalker > Paradox Torque
http://personal.inet.fi/perhe/sundbergit/ana_ali2.wmv

Jeremy O'Wheel
Shooting Mirage > Phoenix > Superfly
http://www.footbag.org/media/303/JeremySick3two.WMV

Chris May
Backside Smear > Pixie Paradon > PS Whirl
http://www.footbag.org/media/362/ChrisM ... -Comp2.wmv

Ben Barrows
Phoenix > Swirl > Paradox Blender
http://www.footbag.org/media/536/BenBar ... p.%202.wmv

Kevin Regamey
Phoenix > SS Eggbeater > Pixie SS Flail
http://qphox.perpetuality.ca/footbag/Ke ... yDiv1a.WMV

Byrin Wylie
Backside Legbeater > Blender > Barfly
http://www.footbag.org/media/514/BS%20L ... Barfly.avi
http://www.footbag.org/media/496/ByrinDiv1.WMV
Last edited by Posi-Cole on 02 Dec 2004 11:58, edited 5 times in total.
Cole Hobson

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 25 Nov 2004 19:52

I`m so stoked that this thing is happening. Haven`t seen the vids yet, but damn: phoenix is a popular move.

Could somebody be a darling and convert Byrin`s vid to either wmv or mpg?

Thanks. :)

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 25 Nov 2004 20:28

C-Fan wrote:Could somebody be a darling and convert Byrin`s vid to either wmv or mpg?

Thanks. :)
I would do that Ken, but for some reason when I try to play Byrin's avi the movie works, but no picture appears.. It's just a black screen. So I'm unsure whether me making an avi from that will work and be able to be seen.

I'm hoping someone else steps up and formats it to WMV and hoping that will work too. I really want to see the blender > barfly link .. Sounds cool.
Cole Hobson

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 25 Nov 2004 20:31

Oh yes, and also a reminder at what's at stake here for the winner - aside from bragging rights of course.

Kevin Regamey has offered to send a music CD of shred beats to the winner of the this competition. Perhaps some extra incentive for Kevin to want to win this competition, so he doesn't have to mail anything out? :lol:
Cole Hobson

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 25 Nov 2004 22:33

Ok I've watched all the vids and here is my run down of each combo

Anssi:
Janiwalker>pdx torque - awesome! Janiwalker is really good. Slightly off balance with pdx torque but good anyway. Ripwalk - boo!! The difficulty of the links isn't that hard - but Janiwalker in a sick 3 is impresive!

Chris:
Sweet combo - all moves are definitly worthy! It's also good that you do hard stuff with both sides. It would be nice if you didn't do two pixie sets on the same foot in a row - but that's ok - pixie out of a symp mirage shows that you are getting a nice high and solid symp mirage dex so that's good! I'd like to see you start the paradon much earlier in pixie paradon - Change feet in the air - rather than planting both feet and then doing it. I'd also like to see the PS whirl dex a tiny bit higher around the leg. I think both are clean but they could be deeper!

Jeremy:
I think that while the difficulty is easier on this combo to my last - the variety is much better - it goes hard triple dex>alpine move>all down time symp move. We have up time sets of pogo nuclear and pixie ducking and a down time mirage, butterfly and symp double down (on the other side to the butterfly). My only criticism is that the set out of the superfly isn't straight up - but off to an angle. I think the quality of my beard more than makes up for this. I also think that it was a mistake to draw the circle around the slow mo - it is light and a good quality vid so it would have been fine to just show it in slow mo without any effects.

Ben:
This is a cool combo. Definitly one of the coolest combos in the competition. However I could never vote for this - even if it was up against toe stall>inside stall>walkover. It's simply way to dark to see what's really happening. You can barely see the bag and you certainly can't see if the dexes are clean or if the bag is just passing in front of the dexing leg. The video tells me nothing - you may as well just post that you hit the combo and not show the video. This is annoying because it is a good and imaginative combo - so I think it would have done very well if you could actually see what's happening.

Kevin:
Looks really good - everything is well hit! good variety too. It's a shame that both pixie moves are on the same side. Also I think this combo is basically too easy. All the moves are too easy I think - although the link of pixie ss flail out of eggbeater is good! Sick 3s should be judged in terms of which combo is the hardest to hit - that's why they are called "sick" 3s - it's all about the sickness (sorry Kevin - but your combo didn't make sick ;))

Byrin:
Obviously this has symp butterfly in it so it gets my vote. I get the picture Byrin only entered to keep the numbers up since he hit much harder versons of the second and third tricks in this combo. However there is no cooler move than symposium buttterfly and this combo easily out weighs any others ;) - good work Byrin!

Here is a wmv version of his vid - just for Ken!

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 25 Nov 2004 22:40

I also voted for Byrin - while the moves weren't the biggest, it was -very- well executed, on par creatively with the other combos, and it had a good variety of concepts. I think Kevin would have won if he had made the bubbabeater symposium. It was a creative, and well executed combo, but not quite sick enough, like Jeremy said.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 25 Nov 2004 22:42

Jeremy wrote: Here is a wmv version of his vid - just for Ken!

Is it OK if other people watch it too?

I mean, thanks. :oops:

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 25 Nov 2004 23:26

That paradon was so fast from Chris! I was like, "What?!" when I saw it. :)

And Jeremy, though my combo may not have made YOU sick, it sure made me sick. Sick of trying sick 3 combos.:P Next time I refuse to "settle". :wink:

I don't know who to vote for yet. Probably not Jeremy because I don't want to send a CD to Australia. :D
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 26 Nov 2004 05:42

I'm too lazy to write an opinion about every combo... :oops: But here is something what I think:

I voted for Kevin. Just because it had variety and I think that all the links very pretty hard. And Pixie ss Flail looks cooool. 8)

Holy cow, do I hate Symple Butterflies :D But that didn't look too bad, Byrin, altought it could have been better. Just the links were too easy. Your Mom > Double Blender > Superfly would have been very good :wink:

Jeremy's combo was somehow nice but then not... :? Well the first link is cool. I somehow don't like shooting so much, altought it is clean and everything. If it would have been Sumo > Phoenix > any set 5 (Blurriest?) it would have been very good.

About my own combo...
The Ripwalk is there because I think it makes the link with Janiwalker hard enough and I didn't want to try anything like Blurriest > Janiwalker... so, shut up Jeremy! 8)
The Pdx Torque is from other side than the last round if someone didn't notice :wink: I could have hit it more nicely, but that was the first and only one we caught on tape and Antti doesn't want to spend the whole day filming me :lol:
Oh god I hate my support feet positions there 8O Especially on the first two Clippers They're turned inwards like --- I don't know., but it looks awfull! :evil:

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 26 Nov 2004 05:47

i voted for byrin for 2 reasons.

Everything was very clean and amazingly executed!

And his knees are f'ed up now, so he better win this competition!

jeremy yours was sweet too, but i just hate your camera, it is like a really fast slideshow.

Sure i could still tell that everything else was clean, but Byrin Stylie Wylie was more stylie :P
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 26 Nov 2004 13:28

I voted Byrin last time, but I think Jeremy's was by far the sickest this time around. I wouldn't have liked sumo > phoenix > blurriest -- that would have changed my vote completely (I probably would've voted for Ben second -- I LOVE pdx blender...i find it sad that he has no votes right now). I am not a fan of shooting, either, but it was that superfly that did it for me! STYLEY!! That was a SWEET superfly. I also agree with Anssi about his links -- janiwalker is crazy midstring -- a combo starting with janiwalker would have been less impressive, but he proved that he can throw it in after a non-bail!

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 26 Nov 2004 21:56

Thanks goes out to everyone who voted my way, along with Henry - thanks for the support!

I attempted harder combos earlier that night, but like most of you know my knees are messed up. I shouldn't have even gone for a Sick 3, but alas. By the end of the night, my knees hurt so much and I finally gave up on big combos and went with something easier. Like Jeremy said, I went in not expecting to win but for the sake of adding more competitors and having one more video for you guys to watch.

With that said and out of the way, I voted for Jeremy again this round though his combo was not pwning everyone else like last time. The combos were not as difficult imo, but they are definitely a lot closer (in difficulty) this time.

This can be told in a simple, precise statement:

If this competition were to be represented as a z-score, the standard deviation would be much smaller :D

EDIT: How come the people who competed last round didn't compete in this one? Come on you slackers! You know what I had to go through? First off I had to lick/warm the batteries in my camera about 5 times until they were completely dead. Next, I ran upstairs and stole the batteries out of my gameboy to use. Once they died, I went to the bathroom and took the batteries out of everyone's electric toothbrush to use. That was just enough to get my video on cam.

What's everyone elses excuse? :P
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 26 Nov 2004 22:30

Byrin: You looked like a combination of Ales Zelinka and Mike Anello in your video. A build somewhere between Ales and Mike, really buff, and perfect form :D The battery story is hardcore! I'll try to make a video next round.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 27 Nov 2004 01:11

Yeah I constantly have camera problems - because I'm using a digital still camera with a movie function I can only have two attempts every minute approx. I was actually having three attempts to begin with but I hit my combo on the third attempt and the last move got cut out :cry:

HenryG wrote:jeremy yours was sweet too, but i just hate your camera, it is like a really fast slideshow.
It's either that or no combo at all - next time I might go with the second option :?

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 27 Nov 2004 05:48

dont worry ill get used to it.

you get my vote next time :D

(if you can handle the sickness :wink: )
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 27 Nov 2004 07:52

Jeremy wrote:
It's either that or no combo at all - next time I might go with the second option :?
No way, your camera isn't THAT bad that you shouldn't put a combo in.

You can still see the moves clearly and whatnot.
Cole Hobson

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 27 Nov 2004 09:12

Jeremy of course i was joking, i just knew that you were going to win so i just voted for someone else :)

Dont worry, its not bad at all, its very clear infact. I was just kidding around.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 27 Nov 2004 16:59

Don't worry - I'll keep entering - I was just being a dick! (although I'm injured at the moment - so my next entry might not involve any stalls on my right foot 8O :x :? :cry: - it's a weird injury - it doesn't hurt I just can't lift my right foot up to be able to set off a toe stall or to do a clipper stall)

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 30 Nov 2004 22:48

Alright, i think im gonna enter the open 1 division.. with a 3>3>3 combo too 8O
Nicholas Laroche

Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 30 Nov 2004 22:59

I vote for Anssi Sundberg even though his first move was ripwalk. But janiwalker midstring is damn cool man. Huge props!!!

I wasn't able to compte this time, but I'll try to next time for sure. :twisted:
Sergey Pikalov