Prizes for competitions.

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Prizes for competitions.

Post by BalinorNZ » 21 Jun 2005 07:12

I would really like there to be prizes for the current video competitions. I think it would be the next step in improving them!

Let us discuss ideas in this thread and try to come up with a good solution to this idea, I am sure there are many!

If there are any bag stichers who would be willing to donate bags at all please let me know!! It wouldent have to be 2 bags a month or anything serious like that and we could perhaps arrange some system so the sticher gets something out of it aswell?

Another option is I could send pieces of my room to the winners each month... but that is kind of stupid, and I dont think anyone really wants that mouldy sock in the corner with the spiders in it... :oops:

Ok option 3 (suggested by Jeremy) I could attempt to obtain sponsorship... from adidas or Nike, maybe a local business even, I dunno, it could work if we try hard enough.

What are your opinions?

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 21 Jun 2005 07:23

Or even shoe laces, or shoe goo, or shred shirts from comps, etc. etc.

There's lots of gear to be had. I think that this is a good idea.
David Wilder

NC Aliens.

sniikeri
Lauri Jii

Post by sniikeri » 21 Jun 2005 08:13

Maybe those "Footbag" wristbands they were planning to get? At least they wouldn't be expensive.
I'm not donating anything though, I'm a poor young man. :P
Lauri Jaakkola

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 21 Jun 2005 08:47

I'll donate a 4 panel or two.

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 10 Aug 2005 12:37

yeah i have some old 4 and 6 panel footbags here...i could donete em...no but seriously,this is a great idea...but i guess a bit hard to realize.the idea with the bags and t-shirts and so on is cool...but how do u want too ship it?i mean,will u pay for all those things?or will there be a big pot where every competitor donates a bit of something so u can give the prices away to the winner?but i can imagine some guys wont participate then,cause they dont have enough money,or they dont want to...i dont know...if any of it makes sense,then cool use it,if not...then not!
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Bander87 » 10 Aug 2005 14:10

For some alternative options, we can have a point system if prizes wont be given out. First place gets 3 points, second place gets 2, and third gets 1 point (or different ratios). It would just be fun to see who has the most points. We could somehow add the points next to the persons avater or something.

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 10 Aug 2005 16:59

Currently the prize for winning the comps is having your entry played again during the credits of next months competition in black and white :D

(You may have noticed this month Honza's entrys were played in the back of the credits of the sick1 and sick3.)

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Bander87 » 10 Aug 2005 17:24

Yeah, I think the idea that we have now is best.

*Jethro*
Egyptian Footgod

Post by *Jethro* » 10 Aug 2005 18:02

3 wins = a bag
Hopefully back one day.

Jesse Malouf

DUSTER
Multidex Master

Post by DUSTER » 20 Aug 2005 23:07

ehhh i guess i could donate a bag..
ISRAEL solorio,
i make footbags!hit me up if u want one$25.or to trade..
http://www.myspace.com/duster1

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 21 Aug 2005 03:00

Hey, do u make it so the winner gets a bag only?

What about:

-Most improved
- Most Creative

? sorry it might be a bit tough to supply prizes that way but i think its a good idea cos Nic, your whole idea of comp is to see improvement in each player as they enter comps isnt it? :D

If i could make footbags, i would donate many..
Alex Urano

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 21 Aug 2005 03:24

Hey guys, thanks for your continued ideas and offers!

Toby, a friend of mine has begun stiching and is doing quite well! I think I could convince him to donate a bag every month that I would send away to someone.

We have talked about the 'most improved' idea, but that would discriminate against players who didn't enter last month... something we don't want.
The trouble with giving the bag to the winner is that 90% of players don't have a chance of winning, and the guy who win's, most likely already has a collection of favourite bags and won't even use the one we give him!

So a decision will have to be made about who 'wins' each month in respect to prizegiving.

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 23 Aug 2005 14:39

Why don't we just have a vote for the winner, based each month on something. Like "Best Shorts" or "Coolest Eyebrows."

Whatever.
David Wilder

NC Aliens.

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 23 Aug 2005 14:41

bigdirtyfoot wrote:Why don't we just have a vote for the winner, based each month on something. Like "Best Shorts" or "Coolest Eyebrows."

Whatever.
Thats an interesting idea :) We could pull off a spin like this, it would have to be totally random though. It would probably just be easier to give the prize randomly to somenoe who entered.

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 23 Aug 2005 15:21

What we should do is make a list of all the goofiest awards we can think of, then each month just roll a dice to see which one we will go for while doing our regular tricks and such.

For example:

One that was already suggested was coolest eyebrows.

I could die my eyebrows rainbow colors and do an Atomsmasher as my sick one, but Jorden just spikes his eyebrows and does a nemesis. The winner of the competition is obviously Jorden, but the winner of the bonus prize is me.

Now this is not so people can just compete for the bonus and do really easy tricks. You have to try as hard at the tricks as you would any other time.

I think specialty competition's would be interesting as well. Like the coolest trick you can do using only one leg, and that means you can't use 2 legs for support. Truly just one leg tricks. Or the hardest sole stall trick or the most creative 2 add trick or the most lazy trick or the best trick blindfolded....there are infinite possibilities.

Just some thoughts.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 23 Aug 2005 18:41

bigdirtyfoot wrote:Why don't we just have a vote for the winner, based each month on something. Like "Best Shorts" or "Coolest Eyebrows."

Whatever.

I was under the impression that those are the criteria on who actually wins the competitions.... :?
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 24 Aug 2005 00:08

A Prize for the top 3.
For Originality.
For best newcomer.
And for best under 18 or 16.

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 25 Aug 2005 18:58

Alright say someone just won a bag there like "0/\/\fG!!!!! 1 \/\/0/\/ @ 8@g!!!!!!" but the person donating the bag wont pay the shipping so the anwser to this is make the winner pay for the shiping IF hes willing to if not give the bag to the next winner

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 25 Aug 2005 19:58

SyLaTAC wrote:Alright say someone just won a bag there like "0/\/\fG!!!!! 1 \/\/0/\/ @ 8@g!!!!!!" but the person donating the bag wont pay the shipping so the anwser to this is make the winner pay for the shiping IF hes willing to if not give the bag to the next winner
That is not a problem. I will be sending the prize (a Toby Suggate bag) to the winner of the competition and thus I will pay for any postage costs there may be.

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 25 Aug 2005 20:29

BalinorNZ wrote:
SyLaTAC wrote:Alright say someone just won a bag there like "0/\/\fG!!!!! 1 \/\/0/\/ @ 8@g!!!!!!" but the person donating the bag wont pay the shipping so the anwser to this is make the winner pay for the shiping IF hes willing to if not give the bag to the next winner
That is not a problem. I will be sending the prize (a Toby Suggate bag) to the winner of the competition and thus I will pay for any postage costs there may be.

For once...... Someone thought I was right!!!1!1!1!!!!