(deleted)

This is for footbag related items only.
shrawder
Circle Kicker

(deleted)

Post by shrawder » 16 Oct 2011 18:13

(deleted)
Last edited by shrawder on 27 Dec 2011 11:06, edited 1 time in total.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Oct 2011 17:41

First off, I appreciate your dream to spread footag... Join the club. The majority of us here would like to spread the word of footbag a little more too.

However, I checked out your site and I've got a few bones to pick with you...

First off, it's nice to see that you're selling sand bags for beginners, but when that beginner wants to step it up to the next level, you have no 32 panel, metal-filled bags. I suggest you look into a few real 32s.

I also suggest you check your facts before posting a link with some stuff like "Tricks vary from the basic "Clipper" and "Jester" to extreme advanced tricks such as "Butterflies", "Cyclones", and "Mirages" which require more dexterity, flexibility, and speed of the legs." If beginners are hitting Shooting Gyro Mirages in the same string as a Mirage, then I guess I'm missing something :roll:

And another thing... I really disapprove of how almost every game in the games advertised on that link causes pain to another player with directions such as "It should be noted that this game is potentially quite dangerous, as the footbag may be thrown hard enough to break or bruise the skin."

The one thing that really pisses me off is that you are advertising with this in the link is "SHINS: Shins is played with a group of around 4 to 5 people. The object is to never drop the hack. If a player drops the hack, the persons on the direct sides of the player, kick the player in the shins(as hard as they want usually light at the start of the game). If anyone gets a keyhole or a bad serve, everyone in the circle gets to kick them as hard as they want in the shins. If a game has started and a player wants to join in, they have to be initiated by everyone in the circle kicking them very hard in the shins. Not a game to wear shorts with."

If any single person pulled any of that in any circle I was ever in, I would play "FACE" with them.

Fuck these games dude. I'm seriously doubting these games are very inviting to any new player who comes across footbag and your website. The only game I agree with on here is "Guiltless Shred", which isn't really a game... It's a way of life.

The only thing I agree with on your website, is that you're trying to spread the word of footbag (We need people like you)... But it looks like you're doing it the wrong way.

Maybe you should learn a little more, play a little more, and go to some tournaments before trying to become Footbag Jesus.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

shrawder
Circle Kicker

Post by shrawder » 17 Oct 2011 19:45

Hey sorry about that link, dude. I didn't realize there was anything that nasty on there. I'll be fixing that soon. But yeah, I know I've got some work to do with the site and have yet to expand the product line. And it is more focused on beginners and casual hacking, so I guess modified.in wasn't the best place to introduce it. Sorry for wasting your time.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Oct 2011 20:34

Modified was definitely a good place to introduce it. I really am thrilled that you're trying to promote footbag to new players. Your site just has a lot of kinks in it, mainly in the games section :\ Once you fix that stuff and re-do your site, let us know. I'd certainly be willing to take another look. I would replace that game section though. That was the worst part. I also just think that maybe you should learn a little more about footbag and experience a bit more before trying to market your bags. Thanks for showing interest.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 17 Oct 2011 21:03

I checked this out last night when i was super delirious and my immediate thought was that it was some sort of elaborate joke. like nick, i'm always happy for people trying to spread the shred but there are things that need to be fixed on the site. other than that i wholeheartedly applaud your efforts, the site looks like you put a lot of work into it.

also, since it says you're from eastern pennsylvania(although not any specific city), there are players around to kick with and learn from if you're trying to get into it. i'm about dead middle of eastern pa, right on the border of jersey. there are players in new york city, philadelphia, state college pa, and scattered parts of new jersey. don't be afraid to check them out or get in touch.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

Allan

Post by Allan » 18 Oct 2011 10:22

I asked this on the other thread in the other forum:

Do you make your own bags? or are you yet another importer from China/Pakistan/et al?

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 19 Oct 2011 00:43

Shins sounds awesome, but ultimate hacky/war is a better game.

You start with normal circle kicking, but after three kicks players try to grab the bag and throw it as hard as you can at any opponent. If the opponent catches the bag the thrower must turn around and lift up their shirt and the catcher gets a free throw. If the bag is kicked more than 3 times then you can't grab it, you just keep playing until it drops to the ground.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 19 Oct 2011 08:33

Balls is also a fun game.....

when they itch you just go ahead and scratch them.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Oct 2011 09:21

Jazzkid wrote:Balls is also a fun game.....

when they itch you just go ahead and scratch them.
As Nick noted with guiltless shred: "that's not a game, it's a way of life."

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 20 Oct 2011 10:29

^ lmao!