Footbag 4-square

1, 2, 3, 4. Keep that bag off the floor.
Samurai
4square Warrior

Footbag 4-square

Post by Samurai » 13 Jan 2006 22:04

Today I asked Stephen Barnes if there would be a 4square event at CSS7. He said that there wouldn't be an official one, but if we wanted to, we could organize an unofficial game(s). I replied by asking why there won't be an official 4 square comp and he said that CSS is an IFPA sanctioned even and therefor they can only have IFPA sanctioned comps... I was surprised to learn that 4 square isn't IFPA sanctioned! I have never thought about IFPA sanctioning or anything. But anyway, it made me feel sorta funny.

Like 1, sorta pissed at IFPA for not recognizing the skill and fun of footbag 4 square. I mean, its at least equal to footbag net... and a lot more fun than footbag golf. Plus you can play it even when you're too old/weak/out of shape/old to freestyle.

But then I felt cool because it's underground even in the world of footbag.

So I just wanted to create this thread for the people who are really into 4 square. I know a lot of you enjoy playing, but I'm guessing there are some of you out there that really, REALLY love it. Did you guys see my movie?! Do you remember the 4square competition?! What if 4 square games were REALLY like that?!?! ... besides the instant death part. Wouldn't that be so amazing?!

Oh, well, it's late and I'm sick, and I dreampt about being abducted by aliens or something. But it would be fun if we had an unofficial 4 square tournament at CSS7, where everyone put in 5 bucks to enter and the winner got the pot. That would be SIIIIIIIIICK!

Any other thoughts on the future of footbag 4 square?
Last edited by Samurai on 28 Feb 2006 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
Shreddaily wrote:
Started with sparse low lines, built intensity with rythmic variety, went to 16th note lines in high register, than went to octives, than block chords for my last chorus... If you understood that last sentance than you should be playing music and not checking the internet.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 13 Jan 2006 23:16

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE,

I love 4 square like I used to love freestyle

8O
Plus you can play it even when you're too old/weak/out of shape/old to freestyle.
:wink:
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 14 Jan 2006 00:06

Zeke wrote: 8O
Plus you can play it even when you're too old/weak/out of shape/old to freestyle.
:wink:
So which one is it for you, Zeke? :lol:

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 14 Jan 2006 01:12

all of the above

No, really.
Last edited by Zeke on 16 Jan 2006 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 14 Jan 2006 10:59

Footbag Net has challenges that you could never even learn to appreciate until you've landed on your ass trying to invert your body while spiking at least 500 times. Foursquare is a game, Footbag Net is a sport. It would be nice to see it as an official IFPA event, but please dont compare it to Net, which is WAAAAAAAAAAAY harder and waaaaay more intense.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 14 Jan 2006 12:33

Zeke and I were talking about videotaping and making highlights of the bomb ass scores in our 4 square games. I think that 4 square has alot of potential. I would like to see everyone's trickiness and creativeness go buck wild.

Samurai
4square Warrior

Post by Samurai » 14 Jan 2006 13:55

i played net before you and your 'net blog'
you're really pissing me off jeremy mirken
Shreddaily wrote:
Started with sparse low lines, built intensity with rythmic variety, went to 16th note lines in high register, than went to octives, than block chords for my last chorus... If you understood that last sentance than you should be playing music and not checking the internet.

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 14 Jan 2006 14:53

I love foursquare. Going to shred events is fun, and I love shredding. But I think almost my favourite part about going to events so far is playing foursquare. I can shred my ass off till I can barely stand, and then hop into the foursquare court and still have tons of fun. I would like for there to be a foursquare event. Where the foursquare is the official part, and the shredding is on the side!!!! DO IT!
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

Samurai
4square Warrior

Post by Samurai » 14 Jan 2006 15:45

or at least for 4square to be an official event

imagine how intense a game of 4 square would be if there was a ref making sure you voted fairly and there was a 10 thousand dollar prize... OMG IMAGINE!
Shreddaily wrote:

Nightmare
Multidex Master

Post by Nightmare » 28 Feb 2006 05:56

Samurai wrote:or at least for 4square to be an official event

imagine how intense a game of 4 square would be if there was a ref making sure you voted fairly and there was a 10 thousand dollar prize... OMG IMAGINE!
Thats being a little bit over the top. But maybe a 10 or 20 maybe even 100 dollar prize that would be awesome. Its a fun game to play as long as everyone plays failry. Maybe you should talk to the IFPA about it send them some emails ;) ((It might help if you belong to it and have a few people do it instead of just you)) Most people in general dont think footbags a sport ((Yes sadly all the kids at my school think its just like yo yo)) So yeah if you could get 4 square in there as a competition that would be great. I think the kids at my school need to go to a footbag competition and see what its all about. Dont worry about jeremy mirken he was like that to me when i first started talking to him, but now we are pretty good friends and he has fixed and filled my o wheel before. Hes a great guy to get advice from and net is harder than you think Samurai. If you actaully try to invert to spike the bag your gonna end up breaking your kneck unless you know what your doing. So yeah good luck man,
Cody
-Cody Leach
Gilbert, Arizona
Tillamook,Oregon
TheVindicator AKA THEBESTLOOKINGJEWINTEHWORLD wrote: I love gay guys

More women for the heteros ;-)

ShredOnLawn
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ShredOnLawn » 28 Feb 2006 19:29

4SQUARE could take it to the next level easily with as little as $100 as a prize.
Lon Smith