4 square during comp

1, 2, 3, 4. Keep that bag off the floor.
Samurai
4square Warrior

4 square during comp

Post by Samurai » 28 Feb 2006 01:02

people should really stop playing 4 square while the competition is going on.. watch your fellow competitors .. and when its over.. maybe they will be more apt to play 4 square with us
Shreddaily wrote:
Started with sparse low lines, built intensity with rythmic variety, went to 16th note lines in high register, than went to octives, than block chords for my last chorus... If you understood that last sentance than you should be playing music and not checking the internet.

Nightmare
Multidex Master

Post by Nightmare » 28 Feb 2006 05:48

If people dont like watching then its up to them weither or not they wanna play foursquare or not. I mean sometimes it just gets boring sitting there watching others kick.
-Cody Leach
Gilbert, Arizona
Tillamook,Oregon
TheVindicator AKA THEBESTLOOKINGJEWINTEHWORLD wrote: I love gay guys

More women for the heteros ;-)

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 28 Feb 2006 07:16

People shred during comps, is that any worse?

Some people just really don't like competition.

..Though I don't know if that means it's fair not to support eachother.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 28 Feb 2006 08:03

some people like local kickers come only for the foursquare. i agree that they should watch the comp, but it seems like that's not what they're into
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Samurai
4square Warrior

Post by Samurai » 28 Feb 2006 09:52

thats true., its just that people put a lot of effort into compition and its good to show respect.
Shreddaily wrote:
Started with sparse low lines, built intensity with rythmic variety, went to 16th note lines in high register, than went to octives, than block chords for my last chorus... If you understood that last sentance than you should be playing music and not checking the internet.

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 28 Feb 2006 10:39

I don't have a problem with people shredding during competitions. I don't think it's horrible to play four square during competitions either. But, people playing four square should not be loud (yelling, hooting, clapping, whatever) while someone is competing. That's what I really have a problem with. So rude. :?
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

joecrain
Hack Fiend

Post by joecrain » 28 Feb 2006 18:24

I was going to mention in my CSS7 report I am writing...but since you people are so g'damn fast around here I will chime in too. The 4-square during the actual competition was lame. Respect your fellow players and support them.

Its true that there will always be shreding during comp, especially during intermediate (sorry guys), but this is usually pretty non-disturbing, and to spectators it would just seem like players warming up (and it is most the time).

Personally I would be OK with a quiet game, but I know too well that this is impossible. Even if there was a rule in effect saying if you make any noise your out, then there would eventually be an outburst of ridiculous laughter anyways.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 01 Mar 2006 07:19

4-square during the actual competition
We inadvertently took care of this problem at New Year's Jam because the 4 square court was in the middle of the floor. Freestyle events took place right over the court.
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 01 Mar 2006 14:28

I absolutely think people should stop playing 4square and shredding and everything else during competition. The only exceptions would be competitors who are trying to stay warm. I think it's extremely rude. I think 4square especially sucks.
Old Skool

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 01 Mar 2006 19:46

Splint wrote:I absolutely think people should stop playing 4square and shredding and everything else during competition. The only exceptions would be competitors who are trying to stay warm. I think it's extremely rude. I think 4square especially sucks.
I think I can kick your ass!
im sooo just kidding! i dont even have any facial hair

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 01 Mar 2006 21:23

quadgun wrote:
Splint wrote:I absolutely think people should stop playing 4square and shredding and everything else during competition. The only exceptions would be competitors who are trying to stay warm. I think it's extremely rude. I think 4square especially sucks.

I think I can kick your ass!

im sooo just kidding! i dont even have any facial hair
Lmao!

I think it's fly to shred during comps-some people hate competition and don't go for it at all

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 01 Mar 2006 21:43

Even if they hate competition they should still have the decentcy to respect their fellow players and watch them and cheer them on.

Note: I've never really been to a competition, therefore my opinion doesn't really matter.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 04 Mar 2006 00:48

I agree with Moxie.

Personally, at CSS I only played 4-square during the little intermissions of the competition. I didn't even hear the 4 square-ers while I was sitting and watching though.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 04 Mar 2006 08:00

Wow, yeah people must be pretty jaded to not want to watch the comps. One of my buddies wanted me to shred with him during the last comp and I said no, but yeah, unless it's some huge event where no one will notice that would definitely be rude to have a loud 4-square match going while someone's trying to compete.

Again, depends on the size of the event and venue. If you could get away with being far enough away to not be a distraction, then by all means.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 06 Mar 2006 12:45

I think you can do whatever you want during comp as long as your not disturbing anyone. But its definitly a good idea to cheer on everyone.
Ashley Danowski

"As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well spent brings happy death."

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 06 Mar 2006 19:49

I agree about respecting the competitors and I try to support my friends when they compete.
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Oroza
Fearless

Post by Oroza » 28 May 2006 04:52

i think freestyle competitions should start the tradition of the post competition 4 square match with the top 4 competitors, just to see whos the REAL king.
Plain, with everything.

ShredOnLawn
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ShredOnLawn » 07 Jul 2006 07:31

Four Square is part of the event. You should be quiet during the major competions. There's money on the line and outbursts of laughter ARE distracting.

Put the court far away from the rest of the competitions.

Don't take up shred space with a 4 Square court. Use the other space.
Lon Smith

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 11 Jul 2006 20:30

One suggestion is to try and always have the finals of an event where there is simply no room to play, except for the competitors.
Old Skool

Drew Hamilton
Multidex Master

Post by Drew Hamilton » 14 Jul 2006 19:06

I personally think that an environment filled with laughter would be good, but I can see that it could be extremelly distracting.