Hack off

1, 2, 3, 4. Keep that bag off the floor.
Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Hack off

Post by Guest_2 » 03 Mar 2006 21:14

Please clarify. I basically understand but don't really get what it is....

What is it ;-)

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 03 Mar 2006 21:51

I can best explain by example.

We're in a game of 4 square and you are the server. I'm in 3 and kick the bag into your square. From your point of view it looked like it had no arc and call a Spike on me. I contest and say that it had a little arc and the pass was fair. You point to me, indicating that you are using your 2 votes as the server to vote me out. I point back to you and so does the player in square 2, indicating that we both thought the pass was fair and are voting you out. Square one does not vote because he did not see the pass from his angle. It's a tie. Neither of us simply leave our respective squares because we both think we're right so a hack-off occurs to settle our despute.

As you may know, our 2 squares are the only ones in play. Squares 1 and 2 are now considered out of bounds. Who ever wins this one-on-one gets to stay and the game continues. You are in the higher square so you serve to me. At this very moment one of your friends screams, "DEAD BIRD!!!" and points straight up into the sky. Distracted, I miss the footbag completely and I am out. Dispute settled. You go on to win fame and fortune but in doing so we have become bitter enemies. I swear, Joshua Rose, I'll get you for this!!!!! I will be avenged!!!!!!!!!!
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 06 Mar 2006 18:19

Zeke wrote:As you may know, our 2 squares are the only ones in play. Squares 1 and 2 are now considered out of bounds. Who ever wins this one-on-one gets to stay and the game continues. You are in the higher square so you serve to me. At this very moment one of your friends screams, "DEAD BIRD!!!" and points straight up into the sky. Distracted, I miss the footbag completely and I am out. Dispute settled. You go on to win fame and fortune but in doing so we have become bitter enemies. I swear, Joshua Rose, I'll get you for this!!!!! I will be avenged!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome story ;-)

But instead of bitter enemies, how about I buy a round and we be friends?

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 06 Mar 2006 19:44

Oh, ok. Just as well, I don't know what a koala could do against Colosus.
EDIT: avatars have since changed so this post and the one after may not make any sense now.
Last edited by Zeke on 16 Mar 2006 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

xXLoss_of_ControlXx
Egyptian Footgod

Post by xXLoss_of_ControlXx » 07 Mar 2006 18:49

Zeke wrote:Oh, ok. Just as well, I don't know what a koala could do against Colosus.

hahahhahahhahahahaha........... im laughin so hard im crying... i just noticed your pic...

i bet a koala could win in a sleeping contest
Freddy Noinaj of the CIC?

"Sweet" Simon

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 16 Mar 2006 22:01

So, hack-offs.

Sometimes I like the idea of hacking-off instead of voting. But only if I think it will make a good match-up. Otherwise I'll accept the vote or even simply walk out.

I like the idea of settling the disptue with skill rather than having people who may not be voting truthfully determine the outcome.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 17 Mar 2006 09:29

You have a good point. I am a pretty procedural person, and often like to follow the preset rules, but you're suggestion is interesting. Let's evolve this bitch!

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 17 Mar 2006 11:25

CIC flurry wrote:I am a pretty procedural person, and often like to follow the preset rules
I generaly think that voting should occur first, just point. But the Lane court and it's 'line by honor system' leads to many cases where I clearly don't know where the damn thing landed.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

xXLoss_of_ControlXx
Egyptian Footgod

Post by xXLoss_of_ControlXx » 18 Mar 2006 08:43

Zeke wrote: I generaly think that voting should occur first, just point. But the Lane court and it's 'line by honor system' leads to many cases where I clearly don't know where the damn thing landed.
haha, theres usually voting... after a bunch of arguing, i had a hack off every round yesterday, when the "ace everyone" was in.
Freddy Noinaj of the CIC?

"Sweet" Simon

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 18 Mar 2006 09:17

I have never played a game of foursquare where anyone wanted to play with voting. I don't like playing favourites, it leads to hurt feelings and shit.

Hack-offs can settle every dispute in life.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 18 Mar 2006 12:04

xXLoss_of_ControlXx wrote:haha, theres usually voting... after a bunch of arguing
Usually it's funny but sometimes it gets to be too much. Don't expect it to be like that on weekend sessions though :)
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 18 Mar 2006 17:08

mosher wrote:I have never played a game of foursquare where anyone wanted to play with voting. I don't like playing favourites, it leads to hurt feelings and shit.
If you have honest voting no one gets hurt feelings. If they do, just tell them to man-up.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

joecrain
Hack Fiend

Post by joecrain » 20 Mar 2006 18:25

This is one of the hottest topics of 4S discussion. I created a new thread here:
Voting in 4-Square