off-site avatar upload problem

Topics about or relating to the forum itself and how it's run.
mc
Modifiend

off-site avatar upload problem

Post by mc » 11 Mar 2009 07:03

I tried to use a link to a picture on photobucket to make my avatar and I got this:

"Unable to upload file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 251
File : usercp_avatar.php
"

What does it mean?!?!?!?!! I must have the ANNNNNNSWER!

also, is this the right place to put this kind of post?

THANKTH
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Moxie
Taphophile

Re: off-site avatar upload problem

Post by Moxie » 12 Mar 2009 09:50

I don't know the right place for this thread, but I think it's fine here. I feel like there used to be a thread for questions like this, but I might be imagining that.

I looked on google and found these responses to the same problem:
Without actually seeing the source code it is hard to determine exactly what the problem is. However it appears that the URL entered may not be a valid image, or hotlinking is prevented.
that line of code seems to be in the area that checks the file type. Make sure you are using a GIF, JPEG (.jpg), or PNG file. No other types are supported.
Another person suggested that the picture might be too big and you'll have to resize it before making it your avatar.

So download the picture to your computer and try it again. If it doesn't work, try making it smaller and see if that works.

-Emily
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk