Bug Reports

Topics about or relating to the forum itself and how it's run.
Allan

Bug Reports

Post by Allan » 27 Nov 2014 16:01

Post bugs in here. Please be descriptive. Screenshots are awesome.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Add Block » 28 Nov 2014 03:40

Ivan has posted one in your blog, I've had the same issue for the last one or two weeks. I use the search button a lot, I'd be really happy to see it back.
It's good when you're learning a new trick and want to get as much information as possible on it. :)

Thanks for your work on the forum, it's very cool right now. 8)
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Allan

Temporary Fix

Post by Allan » 29 Nov 2014 12:17

I've got a temporary fix in place (for the badges, props, and search) where the background now doesn't fade out at all. It's not quite as nice, but I spent too long looking for why it's doing this, so I gave up and hacked it. I've got a feeling it's a bootstrap css-versus-javascript versioning issue.

I've got a dev version of a new theme going that doesn't have the problem, so I'm not worrying about this temp fix too much.
Last edited by Allan on 29 Nov 2014 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I mod good :(

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 29 Nov 2014 16:13

It's working now, thank you
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Allan

Post by Allan » 24 Dec 2014 15:41

Derek wrote:Quick question about modified. Every time I sign in on my phone, it won't register me as signed in. Like, it'll say I'm online, but I cannot post anything. I know odds are, it's my device(Dang RIM), just wondering if you had any insight?
Derek wrote:Yeah, it's a Blackberry Q10, and the Internet is just called "Browser". Sorry, not the most tech savvy. It won't even let me see the post screen. I'll sign in, it'll say I'm online at the bottom, but when I try to post something, it says I need to sign in.
I'm looking into this. Any other Blackberry users having problems?

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 21 Jan 2015 15:16

Hi,

I am having an issue watching the badges videos. I have clicked on various video links in the badges section, and they seem to load fine (the progress loads completely), but then won't play, regardless of whether I hit play or not. Here is what I did.

1. Go to https://modified.in/footbag/
2. Login.
3. Go to badges
4. Click on a video
5. Watch the video come up, load, then just stay at the beginning even after hitting play.

It is probably something on my side, but just wanted to put it out there in case. Also, if it helps. I am running Arch Linux, using Firefox 34.0.5-1.

Thanks Allan!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Allan

Post by Allan » 21 Jan 2015 17:36

How odd. Things seem to work OK for me on OS X.11 on Firefox, Safari, & Chrome. I don't have a desktop Linux to test with (though props for running it :) ) all my Ubuntu boxes are headless. Maybe I'll throw X on my raspberry pi ... First though, can you test to see if it might be the new SSL side of things that's causing problems for you by visiting the non-SSL site and see if you get the same behaviour? As well, if you've any other browsers on your system, could you try with them?

Thanks TJ!

Allan

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 21 Jan 2015 18:49

Hi Allan,

I just tried the non-SSL site and everything worked fine, no problems.

TJ
TJ Boutorwick

Allan

Post by Allan » 21 Jan 2015 19:45

Thanks for trying that. I'll work on fixing. I am noticing that the badges page has some errors on it that should be rectified. We'll get it licked. Thanks for the report!

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 02 Feb 2015 14:46

Two things, although only one of them is (barely) a bug.

1. In the viewing profile area, like after clicking on someone's username, the word 'Profile' is spelled incorrectly, without the final 'e'.

2. Allan, you are the man for doing all of this. Seriously, thank you. I hope to get more involved in the community in next year or so, but to be honest I need to finish my PhD before anything.
TJ Boutorwick

Allan

Post by Allan » 02 Feb 2015 15:07

Tjuggles wrote: 1. In the viewing profile area, like after clicking on someone's username, the word 'Profile' is spelled incorrectly, without the final 'e'.
Yeah, the original theme that I used to base this one on was written by French people and they apparently hardcoded some of the titles, resulting in quarks like this. Thanks for pointing it out.

I do plan on completely redesigning the profile page ... soon ;) I took the opportunity of you pointing this out to make a few changes to it, but I'd like to do more as well.
Tjuggles wrote: 2. Allan, you are the man for doing all of this. Seriously, thank you. I hope to get more involved in the community in next year or so, but to be honest I need to finish my PhD before anything.
Thanks!! I appreciate it very much. I have been putting in more work on these forums over past years than I ever thought I would, that's for sure :D Good luck with your PhD!!

A

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 23 Feb 2015 11:39

Hello,

I just went to

http://modified.in/footbag/shredshoefinder/

and noticed that the link to the logo at the top left, next to "Shred shoe finder" is broken and thus no logo appears...
TJ Boutorwick

Allan

Post by Allan » 23 Feb 2015 13:04

I'll be fixing that soon, but it's actually an indication of things to come ;)

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 23 Feb 2015 15:44

You da man.
TJ Boutorwick

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 23 Feb 2015 15:59

Another bug in regards to the Shred Shoe Finder I noticed some listings that ended several days ago but were still being displayed. I assume this is a result of your secret workings but wanted to let you know.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Allan

Post by Allan » 23 Feb 2015 16:30

Kylescook wrote:Another bug in regards to the Shred Shoe Finder I noticed some listings that ended several days ago but were still being displayed. I assume this is a result of your secret workings but wanted to let you know.
Yeah, WTF!? I noticed that just after the bug report about the logo earlier. Something must be wrong with my script :( will look into it hopefully tonight.

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 24 Mar 2015 11:20

This is not a bug report. I am merely curious to know why in my browser tab the modified logo is a "B" as opposed to an "M" or some other letter/symbol.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Allan

Post by Allan » 24 Mar 2015 13:35

Kylescook wrote:This is not a bug report. I am merely curious to know why in my browser tab the modified logo is a "B" as opposed to an "M" or some other letter/symbol.
Yeah, that'll go away when we switch over to the new theme. It's 'B' for 'Bootstrap' which is the CSS framework I used to create this theme...

I've not had any sort of chance to look at the shoe finder issue either :(

Being pulled in many directions right now. Trying to hold it together and stay on top of things, but it's tough :)

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 25 Mar 2015 05:57

Allan wrote: Yeah, that'll go away when we switch over to the new theme. It's 'B' for 'Bootstrap' which is the CSS framework I used to create this theme...
That makes perfect sense now. I understand being pulled in many directions. Shred shoe finder isn't a priority. It's not hard to delete old listings manually.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 31 Mar 2015 21:14

Mobile search doesn't work. If you click on search, it brings up a search window but it's not functional. You can't click into the search field

Edit: not sure if operating systems matter or not. I'm using an iPhone
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley