IMPORTANT: Domain Transfer In Progress

Topics about or relating to the forum itself and how it's run.
Allan

IMPORTANT: Domain Transfer In Progress

Post by Allan » 16 Jan 2015 15:36

Hello folks,

This Is An All-Points Bulletin

I have FINALLY been in touch with Mike Hansen, and he's been able to give me control over the registration for the modified.in. I've initiated a transfer to my registrar this morning and things are "in progress." This process should be transparent for everyone, but there is a teeny tiny possibility that there might be some downtime associated with the switch. I've got everything set up properly and I'm not anticipating anything going awry, but DNS can be magically tricky and weird. If anyone sees any issues at all, please PM or email me (hi@allankenneth.com) or Facebook me or whatever, and let me know ASAP.

Many thanks.

A :lol:

Allan

Re: IMPORTANT: Domain Transfer In Progress

Post by Allan » 22 Jan 2015 12:34

The transfer has been COMPLETED!! Yaaaay! It appears to have completed without any downtime, which was to be expected, but I've come to expect the unexpected with this sort of thing. I am now personally in control of the domain name registration for modified.in. I promise to look after things very well.

A big round of applause for Mike Hansen (@wolfpac444), please. He's been generously paying for the annual renewal fee for many years now and his contributions to the forums from years past should not be forgotten. Three cheers for Mike!!

On a side note, .io domains finally dropped in price a bit and I was able to register footbag.io ... I've no idea what I'm going to do with it at the moment, but something fun might come of it :) Right now it just points to the server here.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 23 Jan 2015 01:18

modified.io - the pride of the indian ocean ..

And yes, big applause for Mike!

And big applause to you Allan!

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 26 Jan 2015 05:15

Speaking of domains, I currently have footbag.info and footbag.tv

I want to use footbag.info for the footbag informational website (https://github.com/shuttle1987/footbag-db) I've been working on for the last year or so.
footbag.tv on I'd happily donate to a good project.

Allan

Post by Allan » 26 Jan 2015 13:40

janis wrote:Speaking of domains, I currently have footbag.info and footbag.tv
That's pretty cool; footbag.tv used to be registered to Freedom Footbags was back in the day :)