Facebook "Hacky Sack" Recruitment Plan

Working on a footbag-related project? Ask for help, get feedback/advice here.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Facebook "Hacky Sack" Recruitment Plan

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Mar 2014 20:37

Ok, I know I try to push a lot of recruitment ideas and some of them may not be great… However, I actually have a great one this time around.

Click on the following link:

FACEBOOK HACKY SACK FANS

Click on where it says "*thumbs up logo* ____________ people like this topic" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

It should organize it by people who you are friends with at the top, then underneath that group of people who probably play freestyle, there are a bunch of random people who like "Hacky Sack". It's arranged by people who play in your state/areas with mutual friends, then people who play in your area with no mutual friends.

This could be our big break.

Some of these people who like "Hacky Sack" could possibly be interested in Freestyle Footbag.

My thought is that we have a generic copy/paste footbag introduction with either a video of yourself or another video of some really good slow motion player... or both.. (maybe we'll have a video/maybe we won't

But I think the copy/paste statement should go something like this (please critique if you have better ideas):

Hey, (INSERT HACKER'S NAME), my name is (INSERT YOUR NAME). I saw your profile on the "Hacky Sack" page on Facebook and saw you are located in my area. I wanted to know if you would want to get together and hack sometime. Message me back if you are interested.

Thanks,

(INSERT YOUR NAME)

What does everyone think? Is this too sneaky? Should we straight up show them Freestyle Footbag in the intro? or should we just try to meet up with them for a session?

Feedback please. There are so many "Hackers" in my area, that it's overwhelming.
Last edited by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic on 25 Mar 2014 15:57, edited 2 times in total.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

shred4life
Hack Fiend

Re: Facebook "Hacky Sack" Recruitment Plan

Post by shred4life » 24 Mar 2014 15:36

-Vince R

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Facebook "Hacky Sack" Recruitment Plan

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 25 Mar 2014 15:56

Vince pointed out that the link didn't work, but I just changed it. Thoughts?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman