About rolling and static sets...

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
Oroza
Fearless

About rolling and static sets...

Post by Oroza » 18 Jun 2006 20:46

is there any discusion about this? I guess has to do with the type of bag too, some people like them really floppy, flat; I like it to have some roll on it so i can roll it off some stalls, and i notice in videos some have the bag rolling a lot in the air, and some are more static most of the time. I guess it may be harder to keep the bag static, so one could say maybe its like a sign of mastering a trick or string when you can get it 'static'. I dont know, does anyone pay attention to it?
Plain, with everything.

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 18 Jun 2006 22:44

static=control
James McCullough

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 19 Jun 2006 10:04

I've noticed that I tend to put a forward spin on the bag when I set which tends to cause the bag to roll off of my foot on impact. Consequently, I'll start travelling forwards myself, to compensate for the bags travel.

I also find that the more broken in the bag, the less of a tendency it has to roll off a set. For example, it is fairly easy to set without adding spin with like a broken in sandbag.

I've tried putting backspin on the bag (when the bag rolls towards the body) with little success. My toes always catch the bag on release and impart topspin on the bag. I think people might use backspin when juggling two bags though, which is probably why I can't do it very well.

Sidespin is never a good thing. Ever.

Ideally, I think that neutral spin (i.e no spin at all) on the bag gives the best results. Neutral spin can be achieved by making the sure the bag isn't moving on the foot when it's being set and also by making sure the angle of the setting surface is parallel to the ground.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"