Fearless Freestyle List

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.

Should there be different types of fearless links listed?

No, Nick should only list the Unique Fearless Contacts
5%
Any that you have within reason (no crazy ones)
32%
Whatever someon wants to try they can, and I'll update when needed
64%

Total votes: 22

Jimpenske
Fearless

Post by Jimpenske » 06 Dec 2008 13:42

I'm not sayin I set the rules. Go by any rules you want. All I said was adds don't = difficulty. yeah maybe reactor is harder but it's a 4 component trick not 5. Fearless = 5 component tricks in a row.

krawallier
Fearless

Post by krawallier » 06 Dec 2008 14:22

Jimpenske wrote:I'm not sayin I set the rules. Go by any rules you want. All I said was adds don't = difficulty. yeah maybe reactor is harder but it's a 4 component trick not 5. Fearless = 5 component tricks in a row.
and all i said was this ain't the place fo this discussion, but there we go. reactor is such a five, you seriously want to tell me there is less double hip pivor in reactor than in blurry whirl? adds reflects complexity (components), comparing pixie whirl and atomic whirl, anybody will understand the raise in complexity. and aside from that, for a long time the increased components/complexity equalled difficulty, and even today, in most books, adds are USED for measuring difficulty, so xdex just patches a flawed system, nothing wrong with that. xdex is as much a component as pdx is.
max kerkhoff

fcfootstar

! 30TH ANNUAL IFPA WORLD FOOTBAG CHAMPIONSHIPS 2009 - BERLIN !

Ners
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ners » 06 Dec 2008 16:16

There's nothing to argue about - let's just check what the Official IFC Footbag Sports Rulebook says on that matter!

Oh wait...

Pozdrawiam
Szymon Kałwak (Ners)

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 08 Dec 2008 10:39

I'm not on the list yet. Here are my unique records.

BASIC FEARLESS: 14
Janiwalker > Janiwalker > Blurriest > Blurriest > Blurry Whirl > Spinning Whirl > Blurry Whirl > Spinning Whirl > Tomahawk > Tomahawk > PS Whirl > Scorpion's Tail > PS Whirl > Scorpion's Tail

DOWNTIME FEARLESS: 11
Spanishfly > Spanishfly > PS Whirl > Spinning Whirl > Scorpion's Tail > PS Whirl > Spinning Whirl > Scorpion's Tail > Tomahawk > Tomahawk > Paradox Torque

PARADOX-FREE FEARLESS: 9
Janiwalker > Janiwalker > Blurriest > Blurrier > Blurriest > Blurrier > Spanishfly > Spanishfly > Superfly

DUCKING FEARLESS: 8
Ripped Warrior > Ripped Warrior > Vertigo > Tomahawk > Vertigo > Tomahawk > Spanishfly > Spanishfly

-Anssi Sundberg

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Dec 2008 11:02

Those are some sweet combos. I especially liked the downtime ones.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 08 Dec 2008 15:07

Nice stuff for you Anssi. I have a challenge for you and everybody; "unplanned fearless" - how many fearless can you hit without pre planning the combo? I haven't tried yet, but I imagine my best would be pretty low :P

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 08 Dec 2008 19:35

that ducking fearless combo is awesome Anz.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

sidekick
Egyptian Footgod

Post by sidekick » 09 Dec 2008 17:34

Anz wrote:I'm not on the list yet. Here are my unique records.

BASIC FEARLESS: 14
Janiwalker > Janiwalker > Blurriest > Blurriest > Blurry Whirl > Spinning Whirl > Blurry Whirl > Spinning Whirl > Tomahawk > Tomahawk > PS Whirl > Scorpion's Tail > PS Whirl > Scorpion's Tail

DOWNTIME FEARLESS: 11
Spanishfly > Spanishfly > PS Whirl > Spinning Whirl > Scorpion's Tail > PS Whirl > Spinning Whirl > Scorpion's Tail > Tomahawk > Tomahawk > Paradox Torque

PARADOX-FREE FEARLESS: 9
Janiwalker > Janiwalker > Blurriest > Blurrier > Blurriest > Blurrier > Spanishfly > Spanishfly > Superfly

DUCKING FEARLESS: 8
Ripped Warrior > Ripped Warrior > Vertigo > Tomahawk > Vertigo > Tomahawk > Spanishfly > Spanishfly

-Anssi Sundberg
Holy F 8O

I figured since most of the footbag population counts X-dex, then I should too, but I used to think that sumo was a hard 4 and that nuke whirl was a really hard 5... but it just makes more sense to me that sumo is a moderate 5 and nuke whirl and 69 (being WAY harder than spender) are good 6's.... if there is enough of a protest then I can take down the record and try to hit 15 using non-Xdex components.

P.S. UPDATED
Nick Landes

Proudly Representing Fourkast Footbag Co.
http://www.fourkast.com

Portland Blog

All the ladies love Matt Cross because Johnny Depp + Footbag = Matt Cross

Mastery is the combination of knowledge and practical experience

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 10 Dec 2008 05:28

My understanding is that x-dex has been counted at Worlds in competition for a few years now, and therefore I have no problem counting sumo, witchdoctor, etc as 5s. I think the criteria for this list should reflect the standards used in competition, whether or not we agree with the rules of competition. Otherwise, we should change the rules of comp.

On a separate, but tangentially related note, my understanding of x-dex is that it essentially awards a body (pdx really) add to tricks that have a double hip pivot, but did not previously receive them. So the second dex of atom smasher gets an xdex add, because after the first dex the bag is now on the far side of your body, and requires a double hip pivot. This is similar to why we started awarding spinning paradox, because people recognized that after a spin some tricks require the same double hip pivot that is found in pdx tricks.

Using this logic though, brings us to the dirty secret of most fearless/beastly combos... "pdx" whirl does not have a double hip pivot. Paradox whirl is just as "paradox" as far swirl. Just as flurry and vortex are hard 4s, so is blurry whirl, ps whirl, etc.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 11 Dec 2008 17:46

There are no official rules about specific add categories, so it's really up to the interpretation of the tournament/freestyle director at a tournament whether to count x-dex or not. As I recall it's been used in shred 30 on and off since 2002 (maybe even 2001), and there may have been an in principle agreement recognising it in the IFC a few years ago (certainly there was in principle agreement to recognise the freestyle competition rules that have been used in competition for the last 6 or 7 years, and that may have included recognition of shred 30 and sick 3, as well as xdex, but I can't remember. I do remember that xdex was in my proposal).

I think x-dex is based on moves where you have to go around the bag more than for easier moves. The whole "full dex" vs "half dex" thing. x-dex moves are supposed to be moves with two full dexes (and you get another add for each full dex after that as well).

There is still debate about what constitutes a full dex - especially with moves like a double down, which are 2 dex adds for 1 and half dexes. Is that a full dex and then a half dex, or two 3/4 dexes? This is why some people give a move like nemesis 7 adds and others 6.

Using the full dex definition works a lot better for paradox moves as well, especially given that many people don't use a double hip pivot in many uncontroversial paradox moves these days (they use a hop and then a single hip pivot). However the double hip pivot is part of the definition of paradox in the rules at the moment, unlike with x-dex.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 15 Jan 2009 16:29

C-fan thanks for pointing out the PDX whirl thing. I thought the same thing. No double hip pivot.

That said I also agree with you about x-dex being the same as PDX (for the most part). I think that 2 FULL dexes is a coincidence. Which is why I count nemesis as a 6 instead of 7.

Just my opinion.
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 15 Jan 2009 16:37

Yeah I don't count barraging or double downs as a full dex (except pdx barrages etc.).

Except actually when I'm doing a demo for non footbaggers and going through the add value of moves I call Your Mom a 7 because it's the only move I can make that claim about slightly honestly :P

When I say I go through the add system all I do is say; "all the tricks are given a point value based on how many things you have to do in the trick - so this is worth 1point because you have to just stall it, this is worth because two points because you have to do these 2 things... -> this is a seven point trick because you go around it with this leg then hop off the other leg and go around it in a hard way (explaining the x-dex add :P) twice while in the air and then stall it on behind the other leg :P. If you say it all fairly quickly you usually get a laugh because nobody has any idea what you're talking about and I usually add some kind of sarcastic comment about it being easy or ask if people followed.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 15 Jan 2009 16:42

oh ... after re-reading this thread - I agree with the few that say rev. swirling toe is easier than blurry whirl. Either on the same or op toe.

The op toe is easiest cause you can rest you swirling leg. The same toe is little tricky to figure out, but it can be hit in all one motion. Like a rev swixie set to same toe.

I think it is a matter of muscle memory and drilling. I can set a swirl as high as my head, but can't hit blurry whirl with much consistency. I prefer DOD to whirl.

my2cents
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

sidekick
Egyptian Footgod

Post by sidekick » 06 Aug 2009 13:22

Bump!

Added Serge Kaldany to the list from his sick comb back in June that I didn't read untill now...

It was really nice getting to meet most of the people I dind't know at worlds this year. Cheers to the fearless crew! (that being anyone who is trying consecutive fearless, no matter your record)
Nick Landes

Portland Blog

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 07 Aug 2009 20:47

My PWF unique fearless record is 11 :)

Fog > Fusion > Bed > Pixie Paradon > Fog > Fusion > Bed > Pixie Paradon > Blurriest > Blurriest > PS Egg

My triple dex fearless record is 10 (combo above)

And my toe fearless record is 4

Congrats on your successes this year Nick!

EDIT - Also, I think Milan posted that his new fearless record is 18.
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

sidekick
Egyptian Footgod

Post by sidekick » 09 Aug 2009 13:19

B_Man wrote:My PWF unique fearless record is 11 :)

Fog > Fusion > Bed > Pixie Paradon > Fog > Fusion > Bed > Pixie Paradon > Blurriest > Blurriest > PS Egg

My triple dex fearless record is 10 (combo above)

And my toe fearless record is 4

Congrats on your successes this year Nick!

EDIT - Also, I think Milan posted that his new fearless record is 18.

Thank you for those records. Nice combo Byrin!
Nick Landes

Portland Blog

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 12 Aug 2009 21:36

How is "sumo" I hate the name -PUKE, a 5 add again? Atom is 3 and paradox atom is a 4 with x dex.

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 12 Aug 2009 21:43

Shut up Ken- I still have a shot at a 7 add in my career while these loopholes exist LOL/

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 13 Aug 2009 05:59

atomsmasher is a 4 add with xdex. Therefore paradox atomsmasher is 5.

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 14 Sep 2009 20:32

you get either a x dex or a paradox, not both on a 2 dex move. right?...
Or else I may finally get around to hitting a 7 add and itd be extra cool- Nuke torque( my dream move for years) 8)