3dex Combos

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
ptaku
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ptaku » 13 Feb 2005 15:01

James - you're wrong. But we shouldn't make off-topic.
Pawel Ptaszynski

"I know I can! Be what I wanna be.
If I work hard at it, I'll be where I wanna be."

NAS

Be strong, LIVESTRONG

http://www.laf.org
http://www.wearyellow.com

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 13 Feb 2005 15:04

I'm right and I can do whatever I want, there is plenty of frivolty in this forum.

Sorry, but I'm always right.
James McCullough

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 13 Feb 2005 18:20

I don't like pixie tap, I'd say Sailing ss Mirage. Sailing Mirage is clearly not what he means though, and it isn't correct James.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 13 Feb 2005 18:24

You know, its possible to do taps downtime, but whatever.

it's Sailing ss mirage.. Sailing mirage just makes me think of op, regardless of dominatrix..

If I said pixie dlo, it would be smog.
Nicholas Laroche

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 13 Feb 2005 19:30

weiners
James McCullough

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 13 Feb 2005 21:22

Stuborness and ignorance what a combo.
Aric McIntosh

ptaku
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ptaku » 14 Feb 2005 02:55

Ok...I see, I must continue this off-topic.

Do you know why you're wrong? Because Dominatrix is actually a NICKNAME for Pixie Atomic Mirage = Sailing Mirage, and we CAN'T call Sailing Mirage move different that Dominatrix! It would be illogical! So... We have name Smear, so Pixie Mirage is a Pixie ss Mirage? heh... Nobody will agree with you at this.
Pawel Ptaszynski

"I know I can! Be what I wanna be.
If I work hard at it, I'll be where I wanna be."

NAS

Be strong, LIVESTRONG

http://www.laf.org
http://www.wearyellow.com

Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 14 Feb 2005 04:43

Laroche wrote:You know, its possible to do taps downtime, but whatever.
Tap = Tapping uptime + Mirage downtime, so Pixie Tap is Pixie uptime + Tapping uptime + Mirage downtime. If someone hit Pixie downtime Tap, we can't call it Pixie Tap, because it's new trick - Pixie Original Tap.
Michał Biarda (Me-how Be-r-da)

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 14 Feb 2005 05:47

And no more this off-topic discussion in my topic, please!!

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 14 Feb 2005 10:25

Irony and bad spelling, what a combo.
James McCullough

ted
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ted » 14 Feb 2005 13:29

tee-hee. y'all are arguing with the leading authority on footbag.
Last edited by ted on 15 Feb 2005 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
Theodore Anderson

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 14 Feb 2005 22:41

Tee and hee... what a combo.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 15 Feb 2005 16:48

Personally I call most sailing ss stuff pixie tapping because it's much more convienient and in my opinion makes sense. When somebody posts a move name I always assume that it's the easiest version unless otherwise stated because I think that when people want to brag about hitting something - they'll make sure you know how hard it is. Pixie down time tap seems pretty damn hard to hit with clean dexes. Maybe if it was muted but I still think they would be really hard to clean the dexes.

I've hit a few new triple combos anyway: Fog>smog>tapping dlo, tapping dlo>tapping dlo, haze>tapping dlo, I footed fog>predator but I don't atomic that well out of my flip dlo so I couldn't hit it. Hmm - I've been getting into dlos a bit recently I guess.

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 15 Feb 2005 23:56

"Sailing ss" and "Pixie tapping" have the same number of syllables Jeremy. Sailing ss makes more sense.

Tonight I hit Sailing Legover > Smog with ease. A cool little rewind.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 16 Feb 2005 07:25

qphox wrote:Tonight I hit Sailing Legover > Smog with ease. A cool little rewind.
I hit it today! Thanks for good idea ;). And props.
Michał Biarda (Me-how Be-r-da)

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 16 Feb 2005 18:08

qphox wrote:"Sailing ss" and "Pixie tapping" have the same number of syllables Jeremy. Sailing ss makes more sense.

Tonight I hit Sailing Legover > Smog with ease. A cool little rewind.
Syllables have nothing to do with it!!! I have mentioned syllables in the past because I know some people only like move names that are less syllables than the technical name for the move and complain about it otherwise.

Pixie tapping is easier than sailing ss because it's relating it to something easier that people know - tapping blender is pretty straight forward - everybody knows what it is - so pixie tapping blender is equally as straight forward - it's just tapping blender with a pixie set at the front.

I'm sure somebody is going to mention that sailing ss is equally easy to understand - but in my experience you are wrong - what generally happens to me when I post about hitting a new sailing move - is I then have to clarify exactly what that move is - and the easiest way for me to do that is always to say it's a pixie - atomic move - so pixie fusion etc.

I say pixie - whatever - for sailing not because I think it should be easier to understand - but because in my practical experience - it is way easier to understand and I don't have to write out the jobs or anything.

Finally which is less syllables?

Pixie tap
or
sailing same side mirage

(not that that should matter - infact I hate the syllable arguement, just as I hate the pendantic literalness of many footbaggers who refuse to use common sense and argue about something even though it is easily understandable and exactly constrays the move that the person is talking about. Nobody will ever hit triple barfly with 6 dexes - people talking about triple barfly will always be talking about a barfly with one more dex!!!!)

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 16 Feb 2005 19:06

Why does the word Sailing exist at all then? We might as well just say pixie atomic for non-pixie tapping moves, because it's the same damn thing.

I guess I just hate how Slapping and Tapping and Blazing and Shattered and Blurry and Furious are even terms. We obviously need 50 more names to denote the same side variants of all the other sets.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 17 Feb 2005 05:23

I'm going to kill you guys.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 17 Feb 2005 23:17

There's obviously a difference between move names and technical names. On forums I tend to use technical names more often so that more people can understand with out having to make two posts explaining what everything is. Personally I tried to learn every move name when I was starting out by going through the footbag.org movelist. Obviously there are stuff missing from there but it gave me a very good grasp. However it seems that most people don't do that - and if they choose to that - I'm going to be lazy and use technical names so that I don't have to explain what I'm talking about later on too.

Anyway inspired by this topic, today I hit sailing legover>smog and then smog>sailing legover. I like the second combo way more - sailing out of dlos feels sooo cool. Um, the second was first attempt but the first took a few goes - which is kind of funny since the first seemed easier in my mind, but I always find it easier to sail out of things these days.

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 19 Feb 2005 19:31

pixie tap > smog in sock feet. i can't sail in lavers... :?
Aric McIntosh