360 Pendulum

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
Chema
BSOS Beast

360 Pendulum

Post by Chema » 15 Jul 2005 23:07

I hit a toe>Pedulum>[bdx]>toe today, but I don't know what to call it. Is it already a move? Could I name it!!! :idea: :D that'd be awesome :D :P
Chema CB

ninja
BSOS Beast

Post by ninja » 16 Jul 2005 02:43

Thats just a pendulum into a toe stall
Clayton Chin

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 16 Jul 2005 05:22

Props on pendulum!

I have a correction. Dont be offended though. [BDX] doesnt mean anything.

There is

[DEX]
[BOD]
(there is more, but i dont remember:P

and i think you mixed those 2.
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 16 Jul 2005 06:36

There is

[DEX]
[BOD]
(there is more, but i dont remember:P

and i think you mixed those 2.
Or he meant Cross-Body (XBD).

Pendulum ending with your foot in cross-body position (crossed behind the support leg)? Its a cool variation, unfortunately not new. Well, it is RELATIVELY new, but not brand-new. Evan Lovely has been busy mastering this cool element for the past two years. I myself was inspired to do this a couple years before that. I was watching some video, and Ryan Mulroney hit something like diving cross-body rake, and when I ran the video in reverse it appeared as a pendulum ending in a cross-body toe set to a duck. At that time I thought "this could be something brand new." I hadn't ever seen it before, and I knew that this was exactly how Leg-Beater was invented (Leg-Beater is a rewind of Blur, and some shredders watching video noticed that when they ran the tape backward there was this cool move that nobody had ever seen before...). I never got very far with this cross-body pendulum thing (I think its very tough to get any useful height to my set, but I have managed infinity and paradox mirage), but at CSS5 Evan showed me how its REALLY done, busting this move to all kinds of tricks and hitting it back-to-back-to-back. He calls it a Pendulous. He thinks of it as set, and I suppose it is, though if one were to say Pendulous set Butterfly or Pendulous Paradox Mirage were unique moves I would take the other side and say that a butterfly is still just a butterfly no matter what surface it was set from. Of course, the pendulum or pendulous set or pretty unusual and unique setting surfaces. I mean, the bag is set off a surface that is upside down. When the hell else in this game do you set the bag up from underneath your foot (yeah, I guess in any pixie or fairy set or something like that the bag can pass underneath your foot/leg as you set it, but thats not what I meant and you know it! In those cases, the bag is still set from a surface on your foot that is facing upwards, the bag is still on-top of your foot and THEN passes under your foot. But in the case of pendulum, the bag is on a downward facing surface of your foot when you set it. Thats pretty weird, when you think about it...)?
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 16 Jul 2005 23:00

We were just talking about that today. Someone mentioned something about stepping from the xbd pendulum.

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 17 Jul 2005 08:14

Someone mentioned something about stepping from the xbd pendulum.
Yeah, Lovely has hit that too. Probably many times. Certainly the first to do it. He calls it "Stepulous". If you did a search for it on this sit you can probably track down a video of it. I believe he posted one a while ago. Its very impressive technically, though personally I think it combines some move elements that don't really compliment each other all that well, stylistically speaking. But what the hell do I know, its not my style to judge, and we should all pursue the style that we feel is the right one.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

Chema
BSOS Beast

Post by Chema » 18 Jul 2005 11:58

Oh crap, I haven't been able to check my email in a while do to internet problems.

Anyway, I meant toe>Pedulum>[bod]>toe

Wait that means I did a pedulum then while it was in the air I did a 360º then I caught it on my toe. Right? 'Cause that's what I did.
Chema CB

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 18 Jul 2005 12:08

Oh word, so you did a Spin after your Pendelum? [bod] doesn't necessarily notate a spin in Jobs. Still kinda confused. :?
David Wilder

NC Aliens.

Chema
BSOS Beast

Post by Chema » 18 Jul 2005 12:25

Ok. so I threw my foot back, the footbag went into the air, then while it was above me I did a 360º then I landed it back on my foot as it came down in front of me.
Chema CB

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 18 Jul 2005 12:43

thats a pendulous spinning toe?

Or maybe its just spinning toe. Not sure. Either way i am sure you didnt invent it

Cool move though
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Chema
BSOS Beast

Post by Chema » 18 Jul 2005 12:49

Oh, man that sucks I was sure I bagged my first original trick!
Chema CB

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SandWraith » 18 Jul 2005 17:18

wally wally wally wrote:Oh, man that sucks I was sure I bagged my first original trick!
I've never heard that term before for hitting a trick. I LOVE it! ^_^ I'm gonna bag everything from now on. :twisted:
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

Chema
BSOS Beast

Post by Chema » 18 Jul 2005 22:19

SandWraith wrote:
wally wally wally wrote:Oh, man that sucks I was sure I bagged my first original trick!
I've never heard that term before for hitting a trick. I LOVE it! ^_^ I'm gonna bag everything from now on. :twisted:
Right on! Bagged is great. I don't know if you use it in other situations (like 'I just bagged myself a new chick'), but I like using it for footbag for obvious reasons.
Chema CB

Genzu
Freedom Footbags

Post by Genzu » 19 Jul 2005 19:01

Hey Chema,

Tricks like this are cool because they get into the "grey area"
of the "standard moves". Normally, a trick begins once it has
left your foot, and then ends when contact is made agian.
By that definition, what you hit was a pendulum to a spinning
toe stall (which has been hit by many people). Of course,
this limited definition doesn't work for a lot of concepts,
especailly after you watch someone like Jorden play ;).

Anyhow, I apologize for not making it to Live after 5 last
Wednesday - we were packing to leave for the Portland
Jam, which TOTALLY rocked. We will see you this
Wednesday though, for sure (probably around 6-7)!!!

Peace.
Daryl "Genzu Blades" Genz

Owner, Freedom Footbags
Please support the IFPA:
http://www.freedomfootbags.com/

Chema
BSOS Beast

Post by Chema » 20 Jul 2005 06:51

Actually, I can't make it this wednesday because I'm working, I just got my first job at the Melting Pot, it's a fondu resterant downtown.

But, I'm going to some youth camp on thursday and there's gonna be a pro footbagger there so I though that might be you? If you're at all along the lines of pro.

Oh, this is pretty off topic.....

.....Uh, yeah so.... I bagged that trick good!! :?
Chema CB

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 20 Jul 2005 06:58

Tangent...

You got a job at a The Melting Pot? I LOVE that place.

Back to topic...
David Wilder

NC Aliens.