Worlds 2005 Sidelines (video by Jorden Moir)

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.

Do you love Jorden Moir?

yes
37%
si
16%
hai
10%
ken
10%
da
8%
oui
17%

Total votes: 86

Jdigges
Flower Child

Post by Jdigges » 15 Aug 2005 08:29

i personally like Felix's or Jorden's style much more than Vasek's.

Great job on the Vid man! i love your produdtions. Did you catch anymore more footage on your travels jorden?
Josiah Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Aug 2005 17:32

Wow, that was great!

Myriad thoughts.

1. Thanks Jorden for editing this so fast. Brought back lots of memories.
2. Thanks Sam for hosting, i`m sure lots more people got to see it because of you.
3. Felix`s whirrs: I`m not sure if this was the occasion, but at one point I saw Felix go for a bunch of whirrs in a row, and the 4th one was definitely `the.` I called him on it, and he agreed that it was definitely `the.` The angle that this vid is shot at makes it impossible to judge their cleanliness. I`ve seen Felix hit 4 or 5 legit whirrs in a row, which is nuts.
4. Mikko`s blazing infinities are so choice... I love how they come out of nowhere.
5. I think Sam summer up Jorden`s "blurry""janiwalker" best: appreciate it for what it is, not for what it isn`t. Yeah, the 4th dex isn`t there. But still, look at that shit! That`s crazy! I also agree with Jorden: even if its the or thin, by pushing the boundaries of what we think is possible, we can only help the sport.

Nagasake wrote:I personally really enjoyed Jere's game! It looks great when he does something besides stepping.
I think his BOPs look OK. I actually think his superflies were thin/the. Other than that, I think his only other trick was paradox torque? Need to rewatch to make sure.

HackyRichard
BSOS Beast

Post by HackyRichard » 15 Aug 2005 18:20

You missed the midstring vortex then Ken :P

thanks for the vid jorden (I hadn't heard mellow yellow for years), alex for filming, sam for hosting it, and all the shredders for waving their bodys with the bag

good to "see" the sideline shred this year, thanks for getting it out so fast (I should take a lesson from that)

I say you name that last move Dr Evil and when you hit what you were going for call it Austin Powers ... I know lame names but meh

out
Richard Pearce

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 15 Aug 2005 18:59

C-Fan wrote:
Nagasake wrote:I personally really enjoyed Jere's game! It looks great when he does something besides stepping.
I think his BOPs look OK. I actually think his superflies were thin/the. Other than that, I think his only other trick was paradox torque? Need to rewatch to make sure.
Here and there he had a little toe play and some downtime moves and a little dexless. Not a lot and it seemed very unlikely judging by the video (I think it's safe to go and assume here) that he hasn't changed his game up much. However, my point was the form which he executed those moves had a nice flow to it that I thought reflected some potential of perhaps a less stepping oriented game in the future.

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 15 Aug 2005 21:46

Jon is sooo styley! He has sooo much control!

mouseman
Shredaholic

Post by mouseman » 16 Aug 2005 03:21

As you can read in my blog, I was in the army six months before worlds. During that time I was so sick that I actually could play three times only. It was a very hard experience for me and naturally just few weeks after the army I fell back on to the tricks I knew I could do. When you see me on that video, you actually see me trying to remember what was it like to shred on a circle, what I hadn't been doing in 8 months (before that, my ankle got injuried).

I think it's natural not to learn too many new tricks in the conditions I was in. I'm sure that next year you will see alot more versatility in my game.

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 16 Aug 2005 05:01

mouseman wrote:As you can read in my blog, I was in the army six months before worlds. During that time I was so sick that I actually could play three times only. It was a very hard experience for me and naturally just few weeks after the army I fell back on to the tricks I knew I could do. When you see me on that video, you actually see me trying to remember what was it like to shred on a circle, what I hadn't been doing in 8 months (before that, my ankle got injuried).

I think it's natural not to learn too many new tricks in the conditions I was in. I'm sure that next year you will see alot more versatility in my game.

Woah sorry to hear that :cry:

But still your stuff was pretty huge and i think it was awesome you still managed to come top 10 8O Props
Alex Urano

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 16 Aug 2005 05:31

Yeah, same shit happened to Tuukka at last years worlds, and Lasse at this years worlds.

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 16 Aug 2005 05:37

And will happen to me next year.

mohkale
The Mohkale

Post by mohkale » 16 Aug 2005 05:56

Mostly off-topic as my posts tend to be:

Jere wasn't blaming the fact that he was in the army. He said he was sick for the whole time so he wasn't able to practise. Army alone doesn't keep you from practising. Hell, you can even get extended vacations and extra time-off from the army just to play footbag. Like Lasse did for this year's Worlds.

Oh, and I liked the video a lot. I liked Jon's calf rolling things alot. I'm a super geek if I'm right, but are they called Tootsie Rolls? I hope I'm wrong :oops:.

MAtti
Matti Pohjola

HackyRichard
BSOS Beast

Post by HackyRichard » 16 Aug 2005 07:36

tootsie roll is correct, bad luck super geek :P

SC put out all the kona trilogy while in the army if I'm not mistaken

This vid reminds me of the czechs meet sunil vid from san fran worlds, it must be the routine music playing in the background
Richard Pearce

GordonFreeman
Hack Fiend

Post by GordonFreeman » 17 Aug 2005 06:32

OMG, that was excellent, Jon´s rolling tricks are superb.

What is the first song name?
Accion Sanchez; sry for my english

Torn
BSOS Beast

Post by Torn » 23 Aug 2005 06:47

GordonFreeman wrote:What is the first song name?
Yeah I would really love to know that too :D ...
Julian Soldat

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 23 Aug 2005 06:59

The song is Mellow Yellow, by Donovan.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

Torn
BSOS Beast

Post by Torn » 23 Aug 2005 07:12

Newf wrote:The song is Mellow Yellow, by Donovan.
Thx for your help mate :wink: ...
Julian Soldat

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it

Shredster
Flower Child

Post by Shredster » 11 Sep 2005 11:38

Whats the second song? Sounds like system of a down to me...

Its incredible the video of course! I think Felix and Jorden are equally as good as vasek, and though it was dissapointing to not have more than just one run, all the other crazy footage made up for it.

I just love Hopover Swirl > Paradox Flail > Dod Swirl to start by felix. That was sweet!
Chris May
Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...