Worlds 2006 comp footage (UPDATE! CIRCLE CONTEST ROUNDUP!)

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 01 Aug 2006 04:56

8O Vasek's routine is crazy :D

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 01 Aug 2006 05:56

Vasek's first routine was crazy. I loved it. I'm going to watch it again and again.
Mike Anello
http://www.rochesterfootbag.com
Never give up, unless up is what the customer really wants.

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 01 Aug 2006 10:59

That's what you call a Shred120.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 02 Aug 2006 22:01

Great stuff. I really think circle competition is an excellent idea and now a reality!

Couple things though, I would have to say that the MC was rather quiet then what I expected. When I read the all the information Ellis posted, I got this picture of an x-games style commentary, calling out move names and making entertaining/funny comments. I liked how Tom exclaimed blurry ripwalk in a disbelieving manner, as it was exactly what I was thinking, mindfuckage.

Along the lines of ol' blitzy, the line was alright, but a circle would be better. Again, not all venues are the same so it's understandable. I was also under the impression that sealing runs with passes was the standard, as in, more judge points.

Small details do not shadow the fact that I was competely entertained. I was clapping and yelling all the way through. Wish I could have been there. It's all good though, I'll catch my local circle comp coming soon ...
James Randall

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 04 Aug 2006 06:40

I started to work on the full circle contest review video

I should be looking for a job, and instead I'm doing this .. When I have no money for food everyone will owe me donations on paypal :D
also posting like 3 semi final routines.. including vasek's and honza's
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 06 Aug 2006 14:57

I just finished editing the circle contest roundup video
it lasts 32 minutes, I will encode it right now, then I will send it, expect it to be online tomorrow morning :D
Mathieu Gauthier

Philipp
Hack Fiend

Post by Philipp » 06 Aug 2006 16:13

NEW FOTOS ARRIVED:

http://www.footbag.org/gallery/showset/1135

check them out...

philipp

Spontaneous Spaz
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Spontaneous Spaz » 06 Aug 2006 16:41

wow... the first time i looked at this pic i thought ti was uma therma... and the more i gazed, the more wrong i was... lol

Philipp
Hack Fiend

Post by Philipp » 07 Aug 2006 02:31

lol

yes, she is lovely. But she is looking much better than Uma, if you would ask me....

peace out

philipp

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 07 Aug 2006 11:51

circle contest roundup video is up
http://www.mwhansen.org/footbag/CircleContest.wmv

thanks to Mike for the hosting!
Mathieu Gauthier

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 07 Aug 2006 12:44

dude, Abe is gonna be so pissed if this doesn't have the theme from Rawhide in it.
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 07 Aug 2006 13:16

who's abe?
anyways I make video to share with people, and not for one random guy...
Mathieu Gauthier

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 07 Aug 2006 21:07

yo matt!! thanks for chronicling this amazing event, and making it available so fast!! I've loved watching the circle comp videos!!!

I really apprecate it.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 07 Aug 2006 21:15

sb wrote:dude, Abe is gonna be so pissed if this doesn't have the theme from Rawhide in it.
"dude, Abe is gonna be so pissed!" is a punchline from some Tv show (bam? i'm not even sure)

obviously I was being sarcastic, but I think it should have the theme from "Rawhide," if you're titling it "Roundup" :roll: at least it would be better than a bunch of songs that have already been in a ton of shred videos :P

really though thanks for the video - I enjoyed it immensely. go felix.

sb
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 07 Aug 2006 23:25

habitat wrote:Couple things though, I would have to say that the MC was rather quiet then what I expected. When I read the all the information Ellis posted, I got this picture of an x-games style commentary, calling out move names and making entertaining/funny comments. I liked how Tom exclaimed blurry ripwalk in a disbelieving manner, as it was exactly what I was thinking, mindfuckage.

I agree that that style of MC-ing would bring a certain very enjoyble vibe to things. The problem is that there isn't really time to be shouting things out over the mic because right after a big exciting run the bag goes straight to the next shredder. The MC needs to find the right balance between saying more than nothing and not being distracting/annoying.

If there were commentators (is that even REALLY a word??) saying things to a TV audience they could blab on about how great something was and it wouldn't affect the next player.

Also, the MC can't spend too much time saying things because the rounds are timed and the players should eat up the time, not the dude on the mic.

Oh yeah, and I think the competition format really speaks for itself, you could tell what was happening right?

Perhaps ultimately there will be an MC approach applied that is just right for the public, being informative while unobtrusive.

Time will show us the best approach. :)
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

blitz
Shredaholic

Post by blitz » 07 Aug 2006 23:42

acxel22 wrote:circle contest roundup video is up http://www.mwhansen.org/footbag/CircleContest.wmv
:D WHOOOOHOOOO!!!! That was great!!! Thank you, Mathieu!

See, now the Circle makes sense. We actually got to see *Circles*, not just another shred video! I have never been this hyped by a footbag video. Thank you again. And thanks to Mike as well for hosting the massive file.
- Eliot Piltz, Flipsider.com

Wiktor
Multidex Master

Mixed...

Post by Wiktor » 08 Aug 2006 06:01

Hello,

Here`s my worlds video gallery:
http://www.footbag.org/gallery/showset/frankfurtvideos
You can find there mixed double routines.
Everyone who was there knows, that it`s worth downloading!

Mine routine with Gosia is a little bit edited - there are no drops:)
We`re lucky, that all of them were in just few seconds...
I did it to have a video I can show for commercial purposes,
so remember It wasn`t dropless. Still, I hope some of You will be hyped by this video.

I`ll add other mixed routines and some polish singles freestyle.

Thank you, Mathieu for your work. I know that`s time-consuming:)
Wiktor Debski

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 08 Aug 2006 06:16

Thanks Wiktor, I added the link to your gallery in the main post :)
I'll watch that routine again now, I forgot all about it, but I remember it was nice
Mathieu Gauthier

mentor
BSOS Beast

Post by mentor » 08 Aug 2006 08:40

Hey Mathieu… that was a very ambitious and well executed video project. I enjoyed it very much because it reflects the competition, being shot and edited like a documentary. Very nice to see all players in action and get info during the different rounds. You also managed to edit you footage well to music. I don’t know if it would work with out a proper microphone, but I love to hear the real sound in its documentary form. Maybe some of the footage is a little out of focus and dark, but I also had problems finding light during late afternoon rounds.

Thanks for sharing your videos and keep them comming.

:D
Mads Hole

HackMaverick
Multidex Master

Post by HackMaverick » 08 Aug 2006 13:05

when did we start getting so many beutiful women playing footbag... i need to get back into this
Andrew Koller