Worlds 2006 comp footage (UPDATE! CIRCLE CONTEST ROUNDUP!)

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 28 Jul 2006 11:57

about the focus, my camera is really bad and even when turned off it blurs the image often, even when no objects are moving, neither the camera.. I need to change it.
Mathieu Gauthier

RawSko
Green Footbag Ninja

Post by RawSko » 29 Jul 2006 19:06

that was wicked.

Footbag is the shit
Ben Roscoe

Faco
Fearless

Post by Faco » 30 Jul 2006 00:50

Thanks a lot for sharing man (and doing it so fast)!
You had a good spot for the circle, but the focus is really annoying :?
Ales Zazaro

setman
Banned user

Post by setman » 30 Jul 2006 01:04

i really liked the circle competition. thanks for the videos, Mathieu.

i'm waiting for someone who will put online doubles freestyle and women freestyle.
Kamil Hucal

sniikeri
Lauri Jii

Post by sniikeri » 30 Jul 2006 01:35

The first rounds of circle competition was probably what it was supposed to be: real circles and people watching around the players. The circles were on one of the courts, with a better lighting and the music wasn't as annoyingly loud as it was in the finals.
Especially I'd like to see the circle with Felix, Phil and Aleksi.
Lauri Jaakkola

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 30 Jul 2006 02:44

sniikeri wrote:Especially I'd like to see the circle with Felix, Phil and Aleksi.
Oh man that sounds awesome 8O Did someone get that circle?

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 30 Jul 2006 03:30

I have all the circle footage, a video will come in a week, or perhaps 2 if I"m busy :)
Mathieu Gauthier

dyalander
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by dyalander » 30 Jul 2006 07:22

Ales at 7:08 was my favorite run.
Not as easy to judge as I thought it would have been, but certainly interesting. You need to watch really closely and take note of run length and quality with each pass - I guess I'd approach it by counting contacts and scribbling down some quick notes about what was hit - either single moves, or standout combos, or consecs, so you can mek informed comparisons rather than just go on the vibe of each pass to keep your rankings accurate. It would be very difficult when players are incredibly close in shred level. But well worth the effort. I'd be interested to hear from the judges about how they found judging the event - what they found useful, how they'll approach it in the future.
If it wouldn't make judging more difficult it would be cool to not only have the overall winner but a couple of other awards like best single run and best single trick, like how in The Tour de France they have the overall winner, the king of the mountains, and the sprinters competition all rolled into the one event. But you'd need a different set of judges looking out for each - I guess its better to leave it at the winner and we can argue over the other stuff after the event.
Who wears short shorts?
Dylan Govender.

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 30 Jul 2006 18:05

That was awesome :D I agree Dyalan, that run was mad.

Big props Ellis, Tom and others that worked to make this happen. I can only imagine what it must've been like to be there.

The last song had such awesome psych-up power.

edit: Thanks heaps for getting this up!

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 30 Jul 2006 18:21

james_dean wrote:That was awesome :D I agree Dyalan, that run was mad.

Big props Ellis, Tom and others that worked to make this happen. I can only imagine what it must've been like to be there.

The last song had such awesome psych-up power.

edit: Thanks heaps for getting this up!
Dont forget Ianek Regimbald, he and Ellis invented circle contest
Ianek and Sebastien made it happen at worlds.
Mathieu Gauthier

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 30 Jul 2006 18:24

Thanks. I knew it was Ellis and someone else but couldn't remember who... Thanks to all :D

Bloggy

Challenge

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 31 Jul 2006 07:27

Thanks heaps for putting up the footage so quickly, its great!
Circle was great to watch, thats just about the best shred circle (line) ever. Although for me it didnt have the 'final bit of 8 Mile' type atmosphere that someone else mentioned about it, it was more like a demonstration.

Would have been cool if the crowd cheered all the time and didnt go silent during runs, and could stand closer to the players. I am envisioning like a circular amphitheatre-type structure where the crowd sits around it from a slightly elevated position looking down on the players, with better lighting. Also the music was pretty bad IMO but the competition overall seems like a really cool idea!

Thanks again for putting it up! Juho's and Vasek's routines (the only ones ive watched so far) were 8O
Ian Pritchard - http://www.ausfootbag.org

'People, just play Footbag and stop being dickheads!' - Michał Biarda

*Jethro*
Egyptian Footgod

Post by *Jethro* » 31 Jul 2006 07:39

hell yeah to Ales in the circle comp.

still reppin.

good shiz

thanks for teh vids!
Hopefully back one day.

Jesse Malouf

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 31 Jul 2006 11:28

That crowd was anti-Honza. They gave him no props for Alpine Food Processer or Leviathan!!!!!

And then when Jorden did Alpine Food, they went wild, what's up with that?
Matt Kemmer

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 31 Jul 2006 11:45

I beleive Jorden hit his alpine food after starting the run with whirring swirl. Thus, the pants of the audience was pre-moistened before the warden dropped that 7 add bomb.

Honza chose to start his line with alpine food, going all in on the pants wetting factor. Perhaps this made the audience a little hesitant to be "all up on that".
david

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 31 Jul 2006 12:37

Thanks for posting the circle competition video. It was certainly awesome. I haven't seen Ales play in years. It was great to see him ripping it up. Everyone did great.

One comment I would like to make is that I didn't see a lot of props between the players. I know they were technically "competing" with each other, but I find when in a circle if someone busts big, you give them props, either as a hand shake, hand clap, foot tap, big smile, or something. The competition started out this way - I'm talking about the reaction to Jorden's first really long and really good string. But as the competition went on player interaction dropped to nothing but the required pass to each other.

Above all I think the circle competition is a great idea and sure to be a part of every footbag event.
Mike Anello
http://www.rochesterfootbag.com
Never give up, unless up is what the customer really wants.

pawel
Hack Fiend

Post by pawel » 31 Jul 2006 14:08

What song is on Juho routine ?
Footbag...

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 31 Jul 2006 18:38

mikeanello wrote:Thanks for posting the circle competition video. It was certainly awesome. I haven't seen Ales play in years. It was great to see him ripping it up. Everyone did great.

One comment I would like to make is that I didn't see a lot of props between the players. I know they were technically "competing" with each other, but I find when in a circle if someone busts big, you give them props, either as a hand shake, hand clap, foot tap, big smile, or something. The competition started out this way - I'm talking about the reaction to Jorden's first really long and really good string. But as the competition went on player interaction dropped to nothing but the required pass to each other.

Above all I think the circle competition is a great idea and sure to be a part of every footbag event.
They were probably concentrating damn hard on what others were hitting and what they would hit next, being a world final. But I know what you mean, at one point they all gave props to one guy and it was cool :)

Bloggy

Challenge

footjam_heger
Egyptian Footgod

Post by footjam_heger » 31 Jul 2006 23:42

I'd like to watch the woman-routines. anyone?

riku
Fearless

Post by riku » 01 Aug 2006 04:33

Vasek's 1st round routine:

http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/9212
Riku Ahola