"ben küçük istanbul"

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
krawallier
Fearless

"ben küçük istanbul"

Post by krawallier » 13 May 2007 16:06

in march and april i travelled together with a good friend in turkey - he convinced me to take my camera to make a little holiday video...

"ben küçük istanbul"
45 mb
4min04
.mp4 (should work fine, but if you have troubles with the codec: download vlc player, if you haven't yet)

none of the footage represents either of our game well - we were travelling for three and a half weeks, and we didn't "shred" until the last three days.
the only thing new from me is that one 7 add, that i had on my foot every other session in the last 2 years. i still dare say that it is worth watching. 8)

this was also the first little clip i edited with final cut pro, so to say: i am still in the learning process, constructive criticism is appreciated as always.

credits:
skateboard, camera:
vincenz golly

footbag, camera, editing:
max kerkhoff

music:
RJD2
"1976"

vince' skate team:
radioskateboards

ps: travel to turkey, it is fucking worth it!
max kerkhoff

fcfootstar

! 30TH ANNUAL IFPA WORLD FOOTBAG CHAMPIONSHIPS 2009 - BERLIN !

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 13 May 2007 17:39

Wow, I really liked that video a lot. One of my favorites I've seen on here in a long time. Really good mix of footbag, skateboard and scenery.

Very good job editing, and props on some of those big moves

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 13 May 2007 19:23

Really cool video Max!

It looks like it was a good time.

You're so lucky to travel to so many interesting places!

Thanks for putting this together and sharing it with us.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Wiktor
Multidex Master

Post by Wiktor » 13 May 2007 23:39

It was worth downloading!

Superb quality. I really liked the editing.

And Max, if this video doesn`t show your present skill, how good you are now?!
Great shred!

No criticism at all.

Thanks a lot.
Wiktor Debski

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 14 May 2007 01:39

This was possibly THE best footbag video I've EVER seen @__________@
The shred was AWESOME, even if there wasn't much and just explosive combos or tricks, and the skate was the perfect amount, and really entertaining (from a non-skater perspective). The shots were beautiful. The fisheye was tasty. There was a perfect amount of everything.

Thank you so much for sharing, and I'm so happy that this computer allowed me to watch this format :)

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 14 May 2007 02:34

That was definitely a sweet video..
Give Vince props for that long manual.. 8O
Loved Stepping SS Barrage bsos.
Rjd2 is the best shredmusic in the world.

Ners
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ners » 14 May 2007 08:40

Awesome vid! So many cool places and great atmosphere of a fun trip shown :D I really liked all of the unique shots, lots of them had really juicy colours. The shred was sweet too, props for finally nailing that move Max! :D Atomic Drifters looked like cake too. The skateboarding was also very entertaining, the long manual + kickflip out was most impressive I guess. The water jumps were pretty extreme :wink: Big props Max and thanks for making this vid! I'll watch a lot for sure.

Szymon Kałwak (Ners)

Rozo
Shredaholic

Post by Rozo » 14 May 2007 12:09

Oh yeah! :D I loved each frame in this amazing video! Great shred and atmosphere included in proffesionally looking vid. Why it has an end...?
Thanks a lot
Pawel Rozek

chris-
Shredaholic

Post by chris- » 14 May 2007 13:38

nice video
everything was well done
the editing was really great, it fits so perfect with the sound of rjd2, damn I love his solo work. I dont think rjd2 is great music to shred, but it is great music to make a shredvideo. ;)
Shred and skate action were cool, I liked the different spots where do you shred, The arena scene awesome.
Footblog
Christoph Alexander

sile
Shredalicious

Post by sile » 15 May 2007 07:36

good video. what camera did you use?
Sil1

krawallier
Fearless

Post by krawallier » 15 May 2007 13:59

thanks for all these positive replies!

tom you are right, i am quite fortunate being able to travel so much, i am very aware of that - and i'll try to take advantage of this state as long as possible!

wiktor, not that i am that much better than what i hit in the video - there simply are no strings longer than 5 or 6 tricks. also i've hit everything besides furious drifter before going to turkey, so there was nothing new or exceptional.

the camera i use is my 4yr old canon mvx150i, an ok 1-chip minidv camera. nothing exceptional. but of course i manipulated the colors to have them so "juicy" - as szymon put it.

thanks again for all the props, and i am still waiting for some criticsm :P
max kerkhoff

fcfootstar

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 19 May 2007 23:25

I've just watched that video for the 5th time, and each time I just want to watch it again, and realize I have something more important to do.

As above, shred+skateboard+scenery put into that song, it just all fit to perfectly. I asked someone if they had seen your video yesterday, and he said that he thought you had put out a few videos before, and they were all of this quality, where can I find these?
Jay Boychuk

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 20 May 2007 23:06

Hey Max,

great video, I really enjoyed it. The music and editing was top notch and the images were fantastic. makes me want to go to istanbul!

Props also for the good shred and good sakting skills.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 22 May 2007 06:59

hey, one of the nicest videos i have seen in a long time. editing and music went together realy good, the images carry a nice athmosphere, cliffdiving must have been fun.

nice amount of skating in it, nice shred, all in all a realy realy nice video
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

krawallier
Fearless

Post by krawallier » 22 May 2007 14:41

well max, you should go to istanbul, cause it really is an amazing city.. i really enjoyed myself there...

jay, you can find videos made by me here: http://www.fcfootstar.de/videos/

there is short description in german for each video, the author is mentioned in it...
max kerkhoff

fcfootstar

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 06 Jun 2007 22:42

max, first off, kick ass video!!! i really enjoyed watching you play, and vincenz skate. I enjoyed the non shred stuff, like the cliff diving, shots of the town, etc.

my only comment is i think there was a great opportunity to work the music a bit better, particularly in the intro. the cuts you did were right on beat, but i would have liked to see some quicker cuts to work with the music in the beginning.

again, awesome video! i have been watching it a few times daily. always been a big fan of your work.
A.G.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 Jun 2009 00:16

Also, bump on this one. Man.

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 12 Jun 2009 10:27

Thank you Eric for bumping this back up the topic list otherwise I might have missed it. This was a great video. The scenery was beautiful. I felt like I was being given a guided tour of the city all while watching footbag and skateboarding, two sports I really enjoy watching. The shred and skateboard were intense. The music was nice. It had a good beat but did not distract me from what I was seeing. Thank you so much for making and sharing this video.
Mike Anello
http://www.rochesterfootbag.com
Never give up, unless up is what the customer really wants.