Nemesis on video

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Nemesis on video

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 10 Oct 2007 22:14

This is the only video I've ever seen of this trick. It's insane no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvAcBwV-Pt4
Eoghan Patrick Morgan McDowell

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 10 Oct 2007 22:47

That's actually Genesis. Barraging ss double over down. Nemesis is Barraging Op double over down, aka Furious double over down. But keep watching vids, the nemesis trend is pretty common and still going strong.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 10 Oct 2007 22:58

shredzilla wrote:That's actually Genesis. Barraging ss double over down. Nemesis is Barraging Op double over down, aka Furious double over down. But keep watching vids, the nemesis trend is pretty common and still going strong.

its actually arch nemesis, genesis is barraging pdx whirl
Alex Urano

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 11 Oct 2007 01:14

Please consider what you are posting, before you post it. If you had used the Search function of the Forum, you would have found many videos containing Nemesis; its a relatively common trick now.

This isnt a flame, just a request that you consider whether posting your topic will be beneficial and whether it may have been discussed before.
Ian Pritchard - http://www.ausfootbag.org

'People, just play Footbag and stop being dickheads!' - Michał Biarda

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 11 Oct 2007 07:12

Uranos wrote:its actually arch nemesis, genesis is barraging pdx whirl
Haha oh yeah duh. It was pretty late when I posted that. :oops: It'll be a long time before I hit any of those moves :lol:

tstep84
Shredaholic

Post by tstep84 » 11 Oct 2007 19:32

I don't even read this forum that much anymore. I just started cause I started playing footbag again. But I love to see people people post stuff, alright I'll stop there, this is directed towards jeremy. There are some people that post things on this forum that don't know what is good/bad, hasn't been, or has been hit, but do people on this forum really think that new people getting into footbag are going to use the search function before posting everytime? I know when I started I didn't. I don't even think the search function works that well. Maybe as an administrator its just ur job to remind people about the search function, but I think researching things before you post is a waste of time to be honest. I think the fact that this forum is checked probably every five minutes of every day, serves well enough.

Thats just my two cents. Its late, and this post isn't meant to start something.

tom

PS. jeremy, I don't even know you, and this is an inebriated post, so I got nothing against you, just wondering if anyone agrees with my logic

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 11 Oct 2007 19:47

Sober translation:

Jeremy = Ian
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 11 Oct 2007 20:37

Thats why i was advising him of the Search function. It nips the problem in the bud (in theory) before people get carried away and post more repetitive topics. If someone is unfamiliar with Forum etiquette and they dont know how to use the Search function then now is the time to learn.

We also have a Getting Started section for new people to post more basic questions and to get a feel for the Forum before entering into the more open discussion.

Advising someone about how to use the Forum tools and how best to interact with it is beneficial for all concerned. The user can access information without waiting for responses, can avoid getting openly flamed for their questions, and it helps the alleviate the clogging of useless and rehashed topics that so often occurs here.

tstep84
Shredaholic

Post by tstep84 » 12 Oct 2007 10:24

Wow, that was totally not what I thought was gonna happen. Yes, and I was wrong, your name isn't jeremy. I figured someone would really go off on my comment. Modified has gotten pretty civil. I get where you are going. But when I first got into footbag, a while ago, I don't remember wanting to read the getting started stuff. Maybe it is a good idea.

tom

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 12 Oct 2007 10:45

[Public Hijacking]

I have noticed mods interjecting a lot lately. Maybe it is more civil now. But what disgusts me about this forum is all the political corporate run BS.

In life no one uses a search button outside of the internet. They ask questions. Etiquette be damned. Things change - people evolve - etc...

Stop pounding etiquette in the name of less work for you (...clogging of useless and rehashed topics that so often occurs here.).

Mods should be seen but not heard - I don't need the police pulling me over everytime I break the speed limit by a mile an hour.

It was way more interesting and exciting when the flames were a blazin'. People's passions are now squashed. It's oppressive really.

Not to bag or flame on Jeremy cause for the most part he makes intelligent informed decisions and I always enjoy reading his responses.

But how about the mods use the PM button and send a friendly little reminder behind the scenes instead of publically berating them.

It's WIN / WIN / WIN! You get your cleaned up forum and they get the pleasure of not being made out a fool for all of footbag to see. And you also get the pleasure of having guys like me not openly bash you out of shear boredom.

[End Public Hijacking]
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

Will Digges
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Will Digges » 12 Oct 2007 11:10

Who is that kid...
Will Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 12 Oct 2007 11:39

Will Digges wrote:Who is that kid...
some newb...

:P

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 12 Oct 2007 11:48

Yeh, admittedly my only mistake here was making this public and not a PM. The argument still stands however.
I would rather deal with these issues with civility than grapple with the alternative...you may find it hilarious to watch flame wars but someone has to clean up the mess after.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 12 Oct 2007 12:09

Flame wars are a great way to share interest in a subject.

Are they fair? - NO
Are they balanced? - NO
Am I flaming you? - NO
Do mods have to clean it up? - YES, but it comes with the job.

Thank you for recognizing the PM method.

I mean that.

BTW - when are you coming to San Diego to shred? I might start saving now for a trip to Australia. Been wanting to visit and meet you for years.

And I am no noob - I am the people's voice (my peoples), like the rock, only for footbag. :lol:
~Damon Mathews

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 12 Oct 2007 12:36

FlexThis wrote:...But what disgusts me about this forum is all the political corporate run BS.
political, corporate run BS??? Damon, we're a bunch of jobless twenty something student hackey sackers :lol: :wink:

(sorry for having absolutly nothing to offer this thread. I've hit nemesis. i'll see if i can get it on video and post it here :wink:)
A.G.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 12 Oct 2007 13:09

Oh - I totally apologize to Jeremy for lashing out. All is not well in the Flexy household and I sometimes take it out on the mods - especially Jeremy. Guess I know he can take it and he often heats me right back up.

No ill will modifiiiiiiiiiiiied!!!

And for the record I cannot hit nemisis nor will I be on youtube anytime soon for doing so.
~Damon Mathews

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 12 Oct 2007 14:52

Jeremy isn't a mod.
Maybe you should search before you post.

N00b.

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 12 Oct 2007 20:45

Jeremy also hasnt posted ONCE in this thread.

ericksonj
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ericksonj » 12 Oct 2007 20:57

lol at this whole thread... arch nemesis=genesis=nemesis, jeremy = ian, modified = political corporate run BS.

Woof :wink:
Always Shreddin
James Erickson
Eugene Footbag Association (Orton, Nasty, Me)
w/ new additions (Casey, Alex, Eddie, and Shawnell)

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 12 Oct 2007 21:25

This thread is pretty funny.

My six sense:

I have seen a lot of nonconstructive criticism on modified lately by people telling other people that they are not communicating properly in the forum. It is sooooOOOOOOOOOooooo frustrating. Hey, to all ya'll people trying to having you're own touch of control on modified; chill, go play some footbag, time will pass and the imperfect thread will disappear. If it is too great a problem to ignore then PM the person. Wowserz

Not directed at King Monkey. I've just seen a lot of this lately and it resulted with my comment.

I LOVE ya'll.
First think about how to practice or don't bother practicing.

John Bagi