Vasek demo

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 06 Apr 2009 13:19

kyle, i remember vasek at 2007 worlds commenting on how much he liked your style. it seems strange that you would bash him now even though (i don't think) he plays much anymore

Ur
Hack Fiend

Post by Ur » 06 Apr 2009 13:26

I'll just add to Matt's posts that one of a few reasons why this forum is "in decline" (couldn't tell, I only joined couple of days ago) is Kyle's trolling.
I agree that people shouldn't take internet forums too seriously, but on the other hand, this is the only big active forum (footbag.org is not that active) that promotes footbag, and Kyle's internets behavior can only reject new members/footbaggers to join.
Uros Ramic

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 06 Apr 2009 13:53

Kyle Hewitt wrote:the people who think im a troll for saying what i think
Actually, I think you're a troll for thinking the way you think.

You are negative and destructive on this forum Kyle and appear to bring nothing positive to the discussion. I honestly think you should be banned.

Nobody wants to know what you think, maybe you should consider keeping a private diary of your thoughts instead so we don't have to hear them?

The bottom line is, I hope you realize that you're making yourself look like a real jerk, it doesn't matter if this is just a front you use on the internet, if I meet you in real life, I still won't join your circle.

If you want to seriously reply to this Kyle then send me a PM as I don't frequent modified anymore, because of people like you.

[/off topic]

I really liked this routine, I still enjoy watching Vasek play more than any other player. Awesome that such a big crowd got to see world class footbag, big ups to Vaska for getting off his butt and advertising footbag so well!

JeffOverbo
Multidex Master

Post by JeffOverbo » 06 Apr 2009 14:57

LOLOLOLOLOL even more. I think the only person who hasnt failed to see this through open eyes is Matt Cross. People are entitled to their own opinions. Kyle, so far, in his previous posts regarding Vasek's game has cast arguments in the 2 latest video posts, has never direct attacks to anyone on the forums. Yet you directly attack him because he is entitled to his own opinion. However, he does respond in the exact same matter, and does in his own manner fuel the argument himself.

The way I see this going is anyone who opposes your opinions should be banned from modified. Productive if i must say the least. Or maybe not.

Arguing is part of forums, no matter how much you may or may not like it. Maybe it should be mandatory to have been enrolled in a debate course before having the ability to register to these forums. God forbid people learn how to argue in a civilized manner. Or we could have an automatic tag which cannot be erased as a headnote to every post labeled "In my humble opinion."

I may be just spewing useless thoughts, because we may actually not need these things at all. As it stands right now, Socrates would burn you fools new ones.
Hi.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 06 Apr 2009 16:00

Can my tag just say; "In my opinion?"

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 06 Apr 2009 16:02

JeffOverbo wrote: Arguing is part of forums, no matter how much you may or may not like it. Maybe it should be mandatory to have been enrolled in a debate course before having the ability to register to these forums. God forbid people learn how to argue in a civilized manner.
Although not practical, this is the best idea ever.

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 06 Apr 2009 16:13

Jeremy wrote:
JeffOverbo wrote: Arguing is part of forums, no matter how much you may or may not like it. Maybe it should be mandatory to have been enrolled in a debate course before having the ability to register to these forums. God forbid people learn how to argue in a civilized manner.
Although not practical, this is the best idea ever.
no it wouldnt.

i bet vasek wouldnt get mad at me. if i ever make a video where i suck ass i expect people to post shit to help me. no OMG KYLE YOUR SO GOOD

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 06 Apr 2009 16:17

No it wouldn't what? Your response is nonsensical. I'm going to go ahead and assume you didn't read the post you quoted.

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 06 Apr 2009 16:21

Jeremy wrote:No it wouldn't what? Your response is nonsensical. I'm going to go ahead and assume you didn't read the post you quoted.
k

Abe
Shredaholic

Post by Abe » 06 Apr 2009 16:50

I'm surprised the other vasek thread kyle posted in was locked, but not this one...

PIMP-C
Shredaholic

Post by PIMP-C » 06 Apr 2009 16:50

u deserve tha torture rack, pun intended.
---Curtis Taylor

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 06 Apr 2009 17:32

Abe wrote:I'm surprised the other vasek thread kyle posted in was locked, but not this one...
I don't think either topic should be locked, but if the mods went ahead and deleted all the personal attacks and commentary about people's reactions to opinions etc. (including my posts), I don't think there would be much reason to complain.

Kyle's initial posts on the video should be preserved, but the decay after that has no value (every post after the first 15, for the record). At least in my opinion.

Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 06 Apr 2009 17:49

I liked his demo, thank you for the link!
Sergey Pikalov

JeffOverbo
Multidex Master

Post by JeffOverbo » 06 Apr 2009 18:44

:D

p.s. : diggin the Hunter S. Thompson quote
Hi.

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 08 Apr 2009 09:27

Wow, that was really one sided.
Old Skool

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Apr 2009 09:48

Splint wrote:Wow, that was really one sided.
The Kyle-bashing, or Vasek's demo?

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 08 Apr 2009 11:43

C-Fan wrote:
Splint wrote:Wow, that was really one sided.
The Kyle-bashing, or Vasek's demo?
:lol:

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 08 Apr 2009 12:43

I felt Milan's reasoning for Vasek's drops was the most valid. That, because he had been freestyling with a football all week, his legs weren't used to a bag 1/100th in size. I've done the same thing. It's weird because the footbag becomes way easier to dex, but you end up over-dexing everything and it throws your timing way off.

Another reasoning would be that he was simply nervous in front of such a huge crowd of football fans. They were cheering like crazy, lots of noise and clapping, stomping and such, I can see how this could also play into it. DEFINITELY don't believe that Vasek is dead, and I really hope he becomes the Freestyle Football champion. He's got 6 consecutive World titles in footbag, he's probably bored and wants more, can you blame him?

Cool routine and music.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 09 Apr 2009 18:59

'Twas a good demo. What I find surprising is that people are surprised that Vasek CAN and DID drop in a routine. That he is infallible in footbag in their minds. Even though Vasek's ability in footbag is superhuman, he is still human, and therefore he is capable of dropping.

I can take and accept the reason that he's overworked himself and is exhausted before performing the demo. Or that judging has left him too stiff to perform well. He's still a pimp footbagger to me, even if I'm part of the small minority that don't idolize Vasek with every waking minute of his/her life. :wink:

I agree with Adam Greenwood's comments that Vasek has lost his "spark" in recent years, but I don't want to fuel an inflammatory, fanboy-fueled debate as to why this is so. There have been many discussions about this already, but what I agree with most is the omition of high-risk trick variety and gross repetition of some tricks (gross as in broad and total, not yuck :)). However, Vasek is still hardcore when he can lazily hit 6 & 7 adds like a shredding machine.

Cheers.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

ThisIsFate
Multidex Master

Post by ThisIsFate » 24 Apr 2009 16:41

No matter what respect the legend :). May be his gf getting quite aggressive these days. who knows oops :D lol jk
kungho