Push It (8-14-09)

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
pips
Multidex Master

Push It (8-14-09)

Post by pips » 14 Aug 2009 18:24

Found some time to play and make another video. It is not really special trick-wise. I think I showed a decent run with an illusion in it (because I usually forget to work on those), a pdx whirl run, and a basic tricks>ducking clippers run. The rest of the video had a theme of me pushing myself past my limit. I wanted to show how focused I was and how angry I got at times. I wish I didn't speed up the torque attempts at the end. That was the very end of my session, and I was so worn out and actually just goofing around, continuing to spin after failing to hit the torques. The video looks like I am ticked off beyond a doubt. :roll:

http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/17190

I hope you enjoy this. I tried to put more effort into it rather than just slopping together some clips to a song.

Oh, and I give up with youtube. I didn't mention Static-X or Push It in my title or description, and they still muted my video... :evil:
Chrissy Fryer

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 15 Aug 2009 07:29

You had some good shred in this video. However, I didn't care for the format of the video overall. After the 30 second clip of you heaving and catching your breath, you rushed through the shred clips. The latter half of the video was better though, and I give you props on the ducking clipper back to back and the pdx whirl, both looked great. Seems like overall your game is getting a lot better!
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 17 Aug 2009 09:01

It is good that you are pushing yourself. That really is the only way to get better. I had a difficult time determining your rate of improvement over your previous videos as there were only a few strings in this one. I liked the strings you did and you used both sides equally. I have to agree with Chris in that the intro was a bit too long.

If you want my advice, I would suggest working on clippers. One thing I found helpful to practice is standing clippers. Hand toss the bag to a clipper delay and hold it for a few seconds, then set the bag back up into your hand. This can be a frustrating exercise as you have to deal with not only keeping the bag on your foot but also holding your balance while standing on one leg. It can greatly imrove your clipper delays and make you much more confident in clip delays and sets. Also you can play around with your posture while holding a clipper to find what feels more comfortable for you. You should be able to feel at rest in a standing clipper.

Keep up the good work.
Mike Anello
http://www.rochesterfootbag.com
Never give up, unless up is what the customer really wants.